• patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good thing I sold him just in time icon_e_smile.gif

Wasn't really using him and HP is HP icon_e_smile.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Advanced notice of the buyback end might have been nice. Not a big deal, but nice.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    just some feed back with the nerfs to 4*, i thought you had a good thing going for with all these new 4*s coming out it was going to be the next stage to focus on. i bet heavily that x-force was going lead the way after you took plenty of time to adjust him to pre-nerf level he was finally at the strength many players though a 4* should be at, lethal to the lower tiers and competitive within the tier making match times faster. When you nerfed 4 thor and 4 wolverine, you cut the legs of the columns that supported the 4* tier as well as losing my financial support of the game.

Prior to this, I though a good course of action was to buff remaining under used 4* to make them competitive, many suggestions where made on the forum on how to do this, start splitting the events so that the newbies and top tier player are not fighting for the same share of rewards( the rewards should be different based on the different transition the players are currently at). And start pumping out new content, possibly mini events, tournaments, random drafts, puzzle challenges.

however, you didn't go this route. you made the focus 3*. this tier is already bloated as it is and this is where you want to put the focus? not on the horizon towards the future of the game. because of this i lost interest in many of the aspects of the game because they took more time and commitment then i was willing to give. the matches are longer and more painful. PVE i never really liked, especially once i ran through the same events for the 2+ times. It was just too much grinding for a little reward if 3* were awarded in sub events it would be worth it or maybe 3X tokens. so i was fine playing PVP starting early getting close to 800-900 points 1000 within reach. but you took that from me as well. PVP has become such a grind it is not fun to play.

It seems that every thing you make turns out to be a grind, ultron included, which is not fun!!!!! DDQ is awesome a few minutes of challenging play for a nice cover and a bunch of iso. if you incorporated this into the rest of your reward structure and events you would have a much better game.
    i would like to support you and once you make a better game i will. good luck or not this is just some feed back from one player.
  • Unknown
    Options
    my xforce is still showing it can be sold for 176k iso and 5k hp, is this correct? and just curious are there any other characters who still have hp buybacks?
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    unco_dan wrote:
    my xforce is still showing it can be sold for 176k iso and 5k hp, is this correct? and just curious are there any other characters who still have hp buybacks?

It's true. MIne also and I just sold it. I almost completely forgot about this character buyback till I seen this thread, I though I just miss the chance to sell my 1/1/2 X-Force for 1000HP and few thousands ISO. Good things you post this so I quickly level my X-Force to lvl 87 and sold it. I would like to say thanks for your post icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Boosting cyclops the week you make him a tempting sell wasn't the best idea. Boosted scott outperforms xf pretty severely when maxed.
  • Hanzo0313
    Hanzo0313 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Guys, just got my XF refund back.

1 cover for each color + 10x2500 HP + ISO to leveling him.
    But now this makes me thinking the possibilities:

1. Level XF to 3/5/5.
    2. Level XF to 5/5/3 (it's weird but still an option...)
    3. Level XF to 4/5/4
    4. Forget XF, leveling other good 3*(1/2/4 CMeg, 2/3/5 Blade, 2/2/2 Daken, 0/3/5 Groot...)

Kindly give me some advices....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hanzo0313 wrote:
    4. Forget XF, leveling other good 3*(1/2/4 CMeg, 2/3/5 Blade, 2/2/2 Daken, 0/3/5 Groot...)
    This. You'll get more mileage from a bunch of good 3*s than you will from one 3 1/4
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    David, any comment about when the increased buyback prices will end? It'd be nice if we had some advance notice of that as well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hanzo0313 wrote:

Kindly give me some advices....

If you want roster advice it's always a good idea to add your ingame name and ally so we can look at it. If your whole 3* roster is undercovered like this I would strongly recommend healing characters in that order: Patch, Daken, Groot and Khamala Khan. Also Cap. Cap and Patch are imho the best 3* in the game for transistion.

Forget XF and 4* in general. The devs shifted the meta into 3* land. I don't expect this to last for more than a couple of months (or weeks?), but right now there is no need to invest hp in 4*s.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the X-Force nerf, I've been seriously thinking about respeccing him from the previously-wonderful 5/5/3 into a previously-unheard-of 3/5/5 build. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that has already done so. If so, how are you liking it? I don't want to go through the effort of chasing those yellow covers if the results are still underwhelming...like his green is now...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have respecced to 3/5/5 X-Force but only because RNG decided to give me two yellows within two weeks. I thought what the heck, X-force's rubbish anyway so let's respec.

At 3/5/5 his green is naturally even weaker than at 5. X-shape is smaller and it's damage puny for a 4*. It still shakes the board, just not as effectively as it did at 5. Yellow becomes actually pretty good at 5 but is a bit situational since CD tile is still chosen randomly. Nevertheless damage from matching the yellow's countdown and the heal rate itself are both good at 5. Your X-Force will almost always get fully (true-)healed if that countdown reaches zero.

4/5/4 is a transition build where green is **** anyways but yellow is not just that spectacular yet. If the X-Force stays nerfed like this for a long time I think 3/5/5 is a no-brainer and his best current build. But if someone wants to cling to his nerfed green 5... Well, I can understand the appeal. I just don't see the benefit. I think 5/5/3 is for those who faithfully wait for the next buff. Might take a year or two... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll probably leave mine at 5/5/3 just because I doubt I'll get any more yellow covers for him barring a lucky token pull. I'm also mainly using him now in PVE as the third to the Lazy Cap/Falcon combo, since that combo lacks a green and black, and it makes sense to keep those two colors at 5 if that's how I'm using him. Plus - given that I mainly use the combo against goons - I need the board clear more than the heal most of the time.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    I guess it all depends on what you want to use him for. For PvP, I suppose 3/5/5 would be better but at the same time there are so may better choices post nerf for PvP that I don't know why you'd use him much. What I do see value in Xforce now is in PvE at 5/5/3 as his green is still good for board control against goons. 5/5/3 also is ideal for TU's, which is about the only thing I'd use xforce for in PvP anymore.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can see the appeal of 7 black but he's become such a middling 4* after the changes I've been contemplating a 5/3/5 build for maximum board shake-up since he's best at that. His Black at 4 is basically as close to as it was before the changes instead of the 1-Hit KO it can be at 5. Still good enough for my own personal use. Any XF I see with 3 Green is an auto-hit and I just leave green on the board as it does such minuscule damage, even at 270.

Note: I do weird builds that still work in my own favor due to playstyle.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that people have had months to respec, what is the consensus? 5/5/3 still, or 3/5/5, or even 4/5/4?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Now that people have had months to respec, what is the consensus? 5/5/3 still, or 3/5/5, or even 4/5/4?

I'd still stay 5/5/3 just because XF is still more reliable than recovery if you want to board shake/do damage. recovery at max level is really only if you want to bring him back to full health from the brink of death, if we could place the CD tile where we wanted I'd max yellow in a heartbeat myself.

all that said, I really miss the AP drain utility on surgical, I wouldn't mind for his green getting at max level destroy 5 AP of a random color like what gorgon has on his red instead of XF getting some of its damage back.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

I moved to 4/5/4 almost immediately and haven't looked back. Obviously there's some randomness to do it, but the extra heal/damage on his yellow has been more than worth it.

If I had a max, I might just go to 3/5/5, but at lvl 221, 5 yellow is overkill as far as healing goes, so worth keeping the damage on green
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

I moved to 4/5/4 almost immediately and haven't looked back. Obviously there's some randomness to do it, but the extra heal/damage on his yellow has been more than worth it.

If I had a max, I might just go to 3/5/5, but at lvl 221, 5 yellow is overkill as far as healing goes, so worth keeping the damage on green

I've lost to Xforce 5-green generating 3+ black far more times than yellow healing or doing damage. Its random but Daken blue into Xforce green into Surgical into 40+ AP has downed Hulkbuster far more often than Recovery having an outcome on a match. He's a pretty bad character who has mostly been replaced by Mohawk but I use him occasionally when he's boosted (when true heals are more important than damage or speed).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

5/5/3

Yellow isn't reliable for dmg and green loses ap generating amounts and the dmg goes from low to abysmal. He needs a little more green dmg hopefully that will get looked at but I laugh when facing 4/5/4 and 3/5/5 xforces and they fire xforce and it tickles and does nothing. Because xforce doesn't overlap or go off board makes it very good for cascading