**** Wolverine (X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• IW is the lowest health 4* (Hood tier), Fury and Professor are both higher tier (Black Widow tier), but I agree on the rest.

You mean in the past? IW has 13K like most 4* now. Professor X has 10281 at level 290 in one of my nodes, which is lower than what X Force has at 270, so he's in a lower HP tier (and definitely justified). X Force probably can have his health raised to 13K since Recovery turned out was only overpowered when you can end the game in 3 turns so it's no problem dragging it out to 6 turns to get your Recovery going. Now that X Force has been made mortal I simply don't see too many cases where you can afford to purposely drag out a game.
  • kibbymiah
    kibbymiah Posts: 19
    Options
    The nerf is too much. DP3 is obviously listening to ppl that either a) dont have him or b) go against him a lot because they score pretty good in pvp but he's a 4 * for Marvel's sake, he should be up there scaring you and making you play tight with your tiles. Now,pound for pound, your better off taking in Ares because he does more damage with 9 green AP even after the cascades, has same HP until Xforce is in 200's and least his other moves are certified damage. You do xforce black against goons that deal equal damage per tile, how can you tell what colour they'll damage???
    Stop listening to the weiners of the game, give Xforce green half his damage back or knock him down to 2* where these lame moves belong....
  • Hi all,

This has probably been answered somewhere, just cannot find it.

Critical tiles
    Why when the hulk or some other tiles remover, smash the. Ritual tile do they not multiply the hit by 3. I assume they multiply themselves, when hit, or do they. It's hard to figure our from the over score. To me they should multiply the overall hit.

XForce Yellow

Why when the random placement of an xforce yellow puts them on the lowered rung in Yultron do they not do any damage when the row explodes? Or am I missing something?

Cheers

PM
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    X-Force's yellow CD will only do damage and destroy tiles when it is matched. If its destroyed by boardshake or overridden somehow, it won't do anything.

Not exactly sure what's your question about critical tiles icon_e_confused.gif
  • A critical tile does not increase the overall damage dealt by tile destruction abilities that happen to also remove that critical tile. This is probably intended for balance reasons, as you can imagine a Magnetic Flux with critical bonus would probably tear a new hole in reality.
  • Vynyv wrote:
    A critical tile does not increase the overall damage dealt by tile destruction abilities that happen to also remove that critical tile. This is probably intended for balance reasons, as you can imagine a Magnetic Flux with critical bonus would probably tear a new hole in reality.
    But it could count as a 3x multiplier for one tile. So lets Storm uses green and hits 14 tiles, one being a critical; it could count as 3, total damage being same as if she hit 16 tiles.

The real problem here is that critical tiles do not have a base damage, they only multiply the damage of what is matched with it.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I need some opinions, except selling him as a whole, I received a yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png, currently have him at (his previous best build) of 5/5/3, just need some insight whether it's worth for me to respec him to 4/5/4 & eventually 3/5/5 or is it best to keep him at 5/5/3?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    I need some opinions, except selling him as a whole, I received a yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png, currently have him at (his previous best build) of 5/5/3, just need some insight whether it's worth for me to respec him to 4/5/4 & eventually 3/5/5 or is it best to keep him at 5/5/3?

It's really a matter of preference.

The damage from 5/5/3 to 4/5/4 really just shifts the green loss into yellow, and you get an extra 1900ish health when it resolves. You lose some board explosion, but not cataclysmically so. I personally like 4/5/4 better, but there's a lot of the 5/5/3 builds still around.

I don't think 3/5/5 is correct unless you literally never use his green.
  • Who do I complain to?!?!? I spent so much time grinding to power up Wolverine and now he is so meh! Why?!?!?! He's a 4 star!!!!!! icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif
  • I hate to be the guy asking for roster advice, but I just got enough HP to max out Wolverine, and I assume 3/5/5 is the best post-nerf spec. But are my HP better used elsewhere? I have a 1/2/2 Fury, a 1/0/1 Thorress, and a 3/1/2 Daken but my thinking is a maxed 4 star is better than a mid-level (arguably better) 4 or 3 star. Please advise...
  • Agent262 wrote:
    I hate to be the guy asking for roster advice, but I just got enough HP to max out Wolverine, and I assume 3/5/5 is the best post-nerf spec. But are my HP better used elsewhere? I have a 1/2/2 Fury, a 1/0/1 Thorress, and a 3/1/2 Daken but my thinking is a maxed 4 star is better than a mid-level (arguably better) 4 or 3 star. Please advise...

Since Wolverine has been nerfed, there are better places to spend your HP. He's not bad, or anything, but given how expensive he is, and what he'll do to your PVE scaling, I'd recommend focusing on maxing some of the stronger 3*s over putting that much HP into X-Force. The best 3*s are as good or better than X-Force now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

It's really a matter of preference.

The damage from 5/5/3 to 4/5/4 really just shifts the green loss into yellow, and you get an extra 1900ish health when it resolves. You lose some board explosion, but not cataclysmically so. I personally like 4/5/4 better, but there's a lot of the 5/5/3 builds still around.

I don't think 3/5/5 is correct unless you literally never use his green.
    Interesting. I am in the same situation at the moment -5/5/3 with a Recovery cover, and I really like the board shake of level 5 X-force... The drop from 5 to 4 does seem pretty drastic though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still puzzled (lol) about his build, especially since I got a yellow cover the other day and can now change him from 553 to 454, should I want to do it. Going to 3 in green is a no-go, since you lose so much damage in the process that it makes his green completely unplayable. Just to get my head straight on this and maybe help others decide, I'll do a simple calculation to make it easier to understand just how much damage you win or lose by going either way.

I have him at level 215 now and between doing high damage on green, black, yellow, low damage on the rest of the colors and middle damage on teamup tiles, I will calculate each destroyed tile as 40 general damage.

Level 5 green: 1285 + (40 damage * 15 destroyed tiles = 600) = 1885 damage (for my X-force at level 215, that is).
    Level 4 green: 1028 + (40 damage * 9 destroyed tiles = 360) = 1378 damage.

Level 4 yellow: Heal 5801 damage or destroy 6 tiles, doing 6 * 378 = 2268 damage.
    Level 3 yellow: Heal 4016 damage or destroy 6 tiles, doing 6 * 258 = 1548 damage.

So my current 553 X-force does 1885 damage on green, and heals for 4016 or deals 1548 damage.
    A future 454 X-force deals 1378 damage on green (507 less damage), and heals for 5801 or does 2268 damage (720 more damage).

I also lose six destroyed tiles in this process, so my "future X-force" has a much weakened boardshake, meaning it's less likely to destroy important enemy tiles but also less likely to destroy my own beneficial tiles. It's very much a give or take. The healing is unreliable but powerful, and you can never be sure whether he will be healed or lash out. If he does anything of that.

So as things are now, I THINK that I will keep going with the increased boardshake, since it's often useful in removing horrible enemy tiles. That, and I'd like to keep doing at least some damage with green, whereas I can never be too sure about getting neither healing nor damage from his yellow, it's a big gamble as to what will actually happen and I have an unnerving feeling that keeps telling me that he will always lash out when I need to heal him and that he will always heal when I would like him to lash out instead. Also, green is one AP cheaper than yellow, so in a situation where you need to deal about 1800 damage or more to win a match and you have 8 green but not 9 yellow (and you still can't be sure if you will be able to deal that damage) I think I actually prefer the guaranteed damage and increased chance of cascades.

So there, problem settled. 553 still rules (at least for me).
  • Unknown
    Options
    The way I see it his greenflag.png is completely unplayable even at 5 covers. You can bring better board shakers from 3* land if that's what you need, or bring other green damage or utility. That's why I'm going 3/5/5 as fast as possible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    The way I see it his greenflag.png is completely unplayable even at 5 covers. You can bring better board shakers from 3* land if that's what you need, or bring other green damage or utility. That's why I'm going 3/5/5 as fast as possible.
    See, I don't agree with that one bit. X-force is not the reason to play Wolverine, but Surgical Strike is still a good power even if it's not what it used to be. But when I do have green to spare for Wolverine I do like a nice big shake for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    See, I don't agree with that one bit. X-force is not the reason to play Wolverine, but Surgical Strike is still a good power even if it's not what it used to be. But when I do have green to spare for Wolverine I do like a nice big shake for it.

Eh. You have to 3 cap something (unless you go 4/5/4 which isn't ideal). Me, I'll 3 cap greenflag.png because 4 and 5 don't get you a whole lot. 4 and 5 yellowflag.png get you practically full heal and pretty good damage now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I already respecced to 4/5/4 few weeks ago thanks to RNG pull from a token. Today I got yet another yellow Xforce. Talk about coincidence...

So now I have a chance to either respec to 3/5/5 or trash the cover, stay 4/5/4 and eventually maybe go back to 5/5/3. Tough call. I'll probably go 3/5/5 since that's the best current choice if you don't really want the board shake ability of green 5 skill.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Eh. You have to 3 cap something (unless you go 4/5/4 which isn't ideal). Me, I'll 3 cap greenflag.png because 4 and 5 don't get you a whole lot. 4 and 5 yellowflag.png get you practically full heal and pretty good damage now.

Caveat to why I'm 4/5/4...mine is level 221 so the level 5 heal is actually more health than XForce has (or it was close at least), so it's overkill. If you need the heal, you're casting with ~3k health left anyway, so the level 4 heal brings me back to full or near full quite easily.

So for me the damage loss for going down to 3 green hurts more than I gain from the extra heal/damage of 5 yellow. If I had a maxed XForce, I might be inclined to go 3/5/5, since there is more benefit to be gained from the 5th yellow.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to pass along a few words and provide an update on the Wolverine (X-Force) increased buyback offer begun a few weeks back as there’s been a little bit of confusion surrounding it. At this time, we will be discontinuing the increased buyback for Wolverine (X-Force) covers purchased directly with Hero Points before the character update (March 17 - April 17).

PLEASE DO NOT SELL YOUR WOLVERINE (X-FORCE) CHARACTER and contact Customer Support for an additional refund. There will no longer be additional compensation for any player that chooses to sell their Wolverine (X-Force) from their roster. Moving forward, these players will only receive the standard in-game sell-price for the character. We will not be able to restore characters sold before being instructed to do so by Customer Support from this point on.

Please note, however, that all tickets that were submitted for the Wolverine (X-Force) increased buy-back prior to this post will continue to be processed.

Thank you.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    It's nice of you to make this announcement a sticky! Kudos.