**** Wolverine (X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• [/quote]I haven't had any issues with Loki, so maybe I shouldn't trust your judgement... icon_razz.gif[/quote]

Me work that way.Now it works differently with other people is because the game is not as random as they say.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or if they want to keep the dmg low on green, buff it to make some strike or attack tiles, like the old **** XFW did. The enemy is bleeding out!
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    Or if they want to keep the dmg low on green, buff it to make some strike or attack tiles, like the old **** XFW did. The enemy is bleeding out!

Make him have synergy with X-23. Make his green into red and have it make strike tiles (say 6 at max cover). Then you get 9 red. Use X-23 green to make strike tiles. Followed by XFW Red to make more strikes (hopefully not destroying the ones you already have out) then X23 purple will actually have a reasonable cost
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just pulled 3 XFW tokens in a row today and I now have him at 5/5/2.

I have all my 3* characters covered and 24 of them at level 166 or greater. In addition to XFW, my best covered 4* are a 5/5/1 PX (making him useless for anything but winfinite) and a 3/3/4 Nick Fury. Other than IW, Dino, and Electra my 4* characters have 6 or less covers, including JG and HB. So XFW is the closest thing I have to a viable 4*.

Given this information, is it worth it to pump more iso into him? Does he reach a point at which he is better than a top-tier 3* character?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Elric VIII wrote:

I have all my 3* characters covered and 24 of them at level 166 or greater. In addition to XFW, my best covered 4* are a 5/5/1 PX (making him useless for anything but winfinite) and a 3/3/4 Nick Fury. Other than IW, Dino, and Electra my 4* characters have 6 or less covers, including JG and HB. So XFW is the closest thing I have to a viable 4*.

Given this information, is it worth it to pump more iso into him? Does he reach a point at which he is better than a top-tier 3* character?

No, save your iso to keep maxing 3 stars so you can get more legendary tokens. XFW is helpful in certain situations, but not worth the iso anymore. It shouldn't be much longer before you got more covers for another 4 star.
  • Elric_VIII
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Elric VIII wrote:

No, save your iso to keep maxing 3 stars so you can get more legendary tokens. XFW is helpful in certain situations, but not worth the iso anymore. It shouldn't be much longer before you got more covers for another 4 star.

That's unfortunate. Thank you for the advice.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elric VIII wrote:
    really it depends on how close your other top tier 4*s are and how complete your 3*s are. if your key 3*s are maxed (fist, cyke, witch, kk, mags, panther, cage, etc.) it would not hurt anything to take xfw to something like 180. I would not push him way ahead though. he is good in specific combos - mostly with cmags for cascades - add in loki or fist and you can see cascades for days. you don't want him at 250 or 270 while you're still working on your 3*s since that would bork your mmr and scaling. if it were jean, ice, hb, or 4cyke, or rulk, it wouldn't hurt so bad because you'd have a strong tool to use against the higher scaling/mmr. xfw isn't that level so I'd keep him near the top of your 3*s.

if your key 3*s aren't maxed, do that first. my opinion is that there are only about 15-20 worth max consideration for play purposes. champing purposes bring other things into play but I'd have to have a ton of extra iso around before I considered any of the bottom half (and 'bottom half' is somewhat subjective)
  • Elric_VIII
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Elric VIII wrote:
    really it depends on how close your other top tier 4*s are and how complete your 3*s are. if your key 3*s are maxed (fist, cyke, witch, kk, mags, panther, cage, etc.) it would not hurt anything to take xfw to something like 180. I would not push him way ahead though. he is good in specific combos - mostly with cmags for cascades - add in loki or fist and you can see cascades for days. you don't want him at 250 or 270 while you're still working on your 3*s since that would bork your mmr and scaling. if it were jean, ice, hb, or 4cyke, or rulk, it wouldn't hurt so bad because you'd have a strong tool to use against the higher scaling/mmr. xfw isn't that level so I'd keep him near the top of your 3*s.

if your key 3*s aren't maxed, do that first. my opinion is that there are only about 15-20 worth max consideration for play purposes. champing purposes bring other things into play but I'd have to have a ton of extra iso around before I considered any of the bottom half (and 'bottom half' is somewhat subjective)

I have all of the top tier 3* characters maxed except kk. I already have 3 5* characters, so my scaling is pretty messed up anyway.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A maxed XFW paired with IF isn't going to scare people into skipping you, but it WILL take down some pretty big teams on offence, especially when XF is buffed. Yeah, he's a long way from the top tier, but he's not trash, can hit very hard and has some of the best board shake available, so if the rest of your 4* roster is not even at 9 covers then it's actually not a terrible idea to build him up. The alternative is champ every 3* you get a cover for and hope you get good LT pulls (LOL)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still relying heavily on Xforce Wolverine in PvE. Playing true healers makes the long grinds a lot easier. He's not top PvP material, but he's not a bad investmentbolag IMO.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have my X-Force at 553 and lvl 183. He's solid in lots of situations and his green does some good shakeup+dmg. I also have 4hor and *Cyclops up there around 200. I found that adding in the 5 star characters messed up scaling so it was time to sink some iso into 4stars. Xforce Wolverine and XDeadpool are a good combo I'd love to use more regularly - just waiting on the 4pool covers..
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used to have him 544 (lvl 200) but following the forum advice I changed to 553, now I find him dying a lot. Crossing my fingers to get that yellow cover back :-S
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only recently started using him a lot, mainly because my xpool is fully covered now. when they work, man its fun, but he sure seems pretty fragile, and that combo is somewhat unreliable. I have him at 172 for now. might take him to 180 some time but hes probably 6th on my list to get iso, so not adding much health moving forward. he's fine for things like big enchilada, but trying to run him in shield sim, he dies a lot. kinda sad.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    guzktgui wrote:
    I used to have him 544 (lvl 200) but following the forum advice I changed to 553, now I find him dying a lot. Crossing my fingers to get that yellow cover back :-S

Both of those builds are quite bad. Best build is 3/5/5. Green is so pathetic even at 5 covers that there's no point to it, just bring another character with a better green power (any). Black at 5 covers is the only reason ever to play him.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I still like the board shake from 5 green, but I do feel 3 yellow doesn't heal enough. Now that he is championed I suppose I could try 3/5/5 and see how I like it. I usually run the two X-forces with Grocket, so I could use Grocket's green instead...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I still like the board shake from 5 green, but I do feel 3 yellow doesn't heal enough. Now that he is championed I suppose I could try 3/5/5 and see how I like it. I usually run the two X-forces with Grocket, so I could use Grocket's green instead...

After I championed mine I have tried some combinations and the one I prefer the most is 4/5/4. Green has the best board shake (I think even better than green at 5), the damage is almost the same in green, yellow heals A LOT, the only thing you lose is damage in yellow, which is far worse than at 5. But like you I like the board shake of green, so I think this is best of both worlds.

PS: Devs NEED to buff green ASAP
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

After I championed mine I have tried some combinations and the one I prefer the most is 4/5/4. Green has the best board shake (I think even better than green at 5), the damage is almost the same in green, yellow heals A LOT, the only thing you lose is damage in yellow, which is far worse than at 5. But like you I like the board shake of green, so I think this is best of both worlds.

Isn't the board shake the same at 3 green though? The only upgrade from 3 green to 4 green is that it deals a little more damage IIRC.
    I did play with 4/5/4 for a good long time and did find it very satisfactory.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Isn't the board shake the same at 3 green though? The only upgrade from 3 green to 4 green is that it deals a little more damage IIRC.
    I did play with 4/5/4 for a good long time and did find it very satisfactory.

Try it with 5 Yellow. That has saved me countless times, either by restoring him from >1k HP to full or dealing 3.5k damage plus cascades when I needed it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The trade off is 6 extra tiles destroyed and about 1.2k damage for 5 green

Versus max health if the countdown resolves and 1.8k damage for 4 yellow.

I didn't do it before cramping him because I was worried about the difficulty of switching back of didn't like the build. But with the ease of respec'ing champs I have it a shot and it's a huge improvement. The board shake for green is random either way, so 9 or 16 tiles destroyed makes little difference, and the damage is a small difference at the 4* level. 5 yellow is useful offensively at 5 covers, and makes the heal becomes almost good. It's a meh power overall, but decent with 5 covers. Someone suggested giving hin a switch-style passive countdown that heals or does damage If matches away. That would be a much better power for him.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any idea if XFW will get a slight buff at some point? I haven't gone through all the 4* but he seems to have the lowest health of anyone(except PX) All the 4* seem to have almost 14000 health at max but why not XF? Cause he heals I guess? Which leads me to his yellow power. I think it would be better if it were a passive heal like all the other Wolverines or maybe increase the CD timer and have him gain health every turn its on the board. And it would still do dmg if destroyed. Obvioulsy his green needs a dmg boost as well. It's frustrating having him as my only maxed 4* and not being able to stand up to the rest of the 4* because he just pales in comparison to all the others. Even just an increase in health would make him that much more useful.