**** Wolverine (X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is he worth 3600 HP to champ? Got 12 covers and now he is available in the HfH store.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends on how many 4*s you've got, and how badly you want Wolverine, but, probably not.
  • talleman
    Options
    Depends on how many 4*s you've got, and how badly you want Wolverine, but, probably not.
    I got 8 4* champs. Carol, Blade, Medusa, R&G, Coulson, Riri, Iron Fist and Spider Woman.

The closest to champ with 11-12 covers are X-wolverine, Invicible Woman, Vulture, Mordo and Sandman.

Got enough HP for one HfH, got about 285 CP, 445000 Iso and All 4*s rostered but Wasp and War Machine.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    if i would have to choose from your list, i would throw 120/240 cp in the mix and champ vulture.
    but i have a bad habit of spending all my cp for way to many covers for all the top tier chars. its like im playing mk or sf again...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    The best reason I can think of to champ 4* Wolverine at this point, for you, is his disproportionate odds of being boosted during a boss event. He's seemingly always on the boss boosted list.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Is he worth 3600 HP to champ?
    No.

He's worth champing, but save your HP for something more useful.
  • ammenell
    Options
    shouldn't his black drain all red ap against cyclops? I'm a bit confused after playing his crash, he still fired his red, despite ingame and forum description.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    ammenell said:
    shouldn't his black drain all red ap against cyclops? I'm a bit confused after playing his crash, he still fired his red, despite ingame and forum description.
    Surgical Strike hasn't drained/destroyed AP for a really long time. In the Crash, it will destroy all the Red tiles on the board. If Cyclops has already gathered 10 Red, you're gonna take an Optic Blasts to the face.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His black destroys all of the tiles of that color on the board; it doesn't affect your enemy's AP pool.
  • ammenell
    Options
    ha, i always thought it drains, thanks for that clarification.
    i hope I remember early 2019 when his next crash comes up... 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean, at least he isn't as bad as his original self. Remember that Red?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Enraged Slash - Red 15 AP
    Wolverine slashes the enemy, dealing 420 to the current target and shredding the selected tile's row.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: +25% damage Level 3: Slashes rows above and below the selected tile instead of one row. Level 4: +25% damage Level 5: Slashes three rows centered on the selected tile.
    Max Level: 2313 damage

That one?

Seems expensive, but not awful.
  • Anon
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's the one. Believe me it wasn't pretty.

Surgical Strike as it is now is better in every way.
  • talleman
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Okey so hes not worth 3600 HP to champ. But how many taco tokens would you spend to get the cover to champ him? 1?, 10?, 100?...Thats what i got at the moment. 100 tacos. Save for a better day or take a chance and spend some? :)
  • talleman
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @talleman what level is your Patch at?
    Patch is around 208 but his next wolvie is black and i got 5 of those. Colossus is around 190 so theres alot of covers to reach 223 :/
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Ah. Either way, save your HP and tacos. Wolvie was once king of the pile, but now he's barely better than Sandman (i don't know if I'm exaggerating). Plus you never know when you might want to pull your tacos to get some health packs, and a 4* that's actually good, among other things.
    No,  that's probably about right.
  • talleman
    Options
    Latest 4* champ. Wont use him alot but could be fun to fool around with in PvE. Not sure which is the best build for him tho but i want his black at 5 covers. So board shake v.s Heal? Who to bring with him? C&D seams like a good partner but who else?
  • talleman
    Options
    mexus said:
    talleman said:
    Latest 4* champ. Wont use him alot but could be fun to fool around with in PvE. Not sure which is the best build for him tho but i want his black at 5 covers. So board shake v.s Heal? Who to bring with him? C&D seams like a good partner but who else?
    I think many people considers his yellow as another board shake since it's more likely to get matched than expire.
    Yeah that's true. But what if i bring someone that fortifies his CD tile?
  • Anon
    Options
    I just got around to Champing him today.

Man, his Green seriously needs help.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Totally agree. As others have stated, he's the only Wolverine without strike tiles. All they would need to do is have him add strikes to the board right before or after his green power. If they want to add some mechanic to his yellow too that would be great.