**** Wolverine (X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• He's still pretty powerful, just not as much as he used to be and not nearly as fast anymore. If you weren't already using him you'll never know he was any different. I'd say hold on to him because the time and effort it takes to get his covers are worth a lot more than whatever piddly amount you'll get for selling them, plus by the time you can actually use him effectively, who knows, maybe he'll be more powerful again? He did used to be way way weaker than he is now back before he was buffed up to being the superbeast he was before this latest change after all.
  • He's not the worst. Solidly top 15, maybe top 10 still. Have to see how PX and KP and KK rank. He is useful to a fully functioning 3* roster.

You will be getting 2 more XF covers in the next weeks, so if you want to start covering him up you have 2/1/1 in the bag. If you don't want to roster him at this time you have 4,000 iso coming instead. Either choice is fine, depends on where your roster is at right now, on day 150 ish. If you can spare him a bench seat I'd probably keep.
  • He's worth holding onto but the new preferred build may not be 5 green. Build him as close to 3/3/3 as possible then wait to see where to put the last few points
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's still awesome. His black is top shelf, especially in a world of increased health. And he has true healing so he can extend your playing time by healig in the prologue if you have to.

He only has 2 really good abilities instead of 3. That's still 2 more than a lot of characters.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wouldn't call his black top shelf, but it can hit hard if the board favors. He's still a decent character, I suppose, just banal.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They basically shifted the damage from Green to Yellow. You either let him heal for 9k or take 3600 DMG.

That's pretty bonkers. Because I never got more than 2 in his green, I'm not so negative on his changes.
  • Taganov wrote:
    I wouldn't call his black top shelf, but it can hit hard if the board favors. He's still a decent character, I suppose, just banal.

It's definitely top shelf. Maybe hiding behind the RotP, but SS is still some fine quality DPS. Also best single target black skill there is.
  • Stakman wrote:
    I would like to lodge a formal complaint.
    When people play a game and spend their time (and in some cases) their money on a game, I do not think it is FAIR to completely "CHANGE" the character that people had saved up for, without AT LEAST compensating them somehow.

It took me a LONG time to get Wolverine to level 270 where I could finally take names after kicking some butt!
    Now I feel like the creators have pulled the rug out from under us!!!
    Wolverine used to do serious damage with green! Now even at level 270, he can only do 1360 damage.
    His Black power is a roll of the dice..."Destroys every tile in the enemy teams strongest color."
    How is that determined?!?? What if only 2 tiles get destroyed?!? 781x2=1562 damage! And no AP is generated!!!

Congratulations!!! You have managed to take an awesomely feared character and SEEIOUSLY DECLAWED HIM!
    You removed his claws and his adamantium!
    Now he's just a guy with a healing factor who can take punches.
    If the game was 100% free, I wouldn't mind so much.
    But now you are just being cruel.

Roll of the dice? Then you must be very ignorant. Just look at the info page of each enemy and you'll know right away which color is the strongest. Destroying 10 or more tiles with the black is easy, you can do it very often. Should the board not be "strong" enough in that color, just kill off one character and the balance for strongest color will shift. Black gained a lot more damage and is now a real game-ender.

Other than that, I completely agree with you. D3 should have playtested X-force before they gave him his new awesome powers. Better to test and balance the powers before they release a new version, than to just let him go and then nerf him afterwards. This whole nerfing and rebalancing is very damaging to the game in the long run.

By the way: The game IS 100% free. No one ever forces you to buy anything, so you can't really complain there. But I still understands that it hurts when you paid for something and it changes. But the game is still completely free.
  • Would 3 greenflag.png 5 blackflag.png 5 yellowflag.png be a better option than 5 greenflag.png 5 blackflag.png 3 yellowflag.png now?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    X-Force greenflag.png is now best used as a cheap means to clear the board. Lvl 5 is actually very nice for that purpose; so I would go with it obviously. I used him in DDQ the other day and he was without a doubt the MVP of that match. (I don't have Prof X or Kingpin, so comparisons to other 4*s don't apply to me.)

Think of his greenflag.png like Thunderous Clap. Maybe it's not great in all situations, but It can save your butt, especially when CDs litter the board, like vs. goons or World Rupture. If you want damage/AP, look forward to blackflag.png .
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This nerf for XForce Wolive was just too much. He's a **** character for criminy's sake! He SHOULD be better than other characters. I understand MAYBE he was a little too powerful. Fine. But reducing his max greenflag.png by 2/3 is too much. Maybe if the cost was increased to a total of 10 to launch the greenflag.png power and the damage was reduced by a third that would be a little more acceptable but he's dead weight now. I have a 5/1/3 XForce maxed to lvl 193. He was crushing even at lvl 193 so, again, I get it. But wow. I'd almost rather use my 5/3/5 Hulk now. At least his blackflag.png helps to put more Greens on the board.

And, cut the head off of XForce, and ***Thor takes his place. Everywhere I used to see XForce I now see Thor.

Get it together guys. Fix this please.
  • Ya know what!?! Bring back his old redflag.png to replace the newest greenflag.png ... but make it cost like 10 or 11 redtile.png. Controlled destruction is better...otherwise this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhko3m7D6UA
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daige wrote:
    Would 3 greenflag.png 5 blackflag.png 5 yellowflag.png be a better option than 5 greenflag.png 5 blackflag.png 3 yellowflag.png now?

IMO, no.

While green gut a lot of dmg removed, it's still THE BEST, Board destruction, cascade creating skill in the game, probably Juggs green is only second.

At 5 covers green has an over 70% chance of creating a cascade, turul gave me stats saying it was 69% but he said that allows for overlaps, speaking with Miles they did fix green so it does not overlap hitting the same tile twice and it always stays within the board, so the cascade is higher than 69% and it avgs about 5.6 AP.

Green at 4 or 3 is a 59% chance of cascade and avgs about 4.2 tiles

Yellow did get a very nice upgrade, but 5 yellow does have it's downsides as well as relying on yellow for dmg, for one if the AI matches it, you gave them a much better cascade % and there are times you can be at max or near max health and yellow is unmatchable so it does nothing and you wasted 9 AP.

I have had to change my play with X-Force now. SS I can live with and boosted Recovery is nice, but instead black KOing people at 4K health I have to wait till 2K, which means changing play style. Think of it like this. Remember the guys at 1 to 2K health that you didnt want to Xforce becuase it was a waste of dmg, well now you can fire away
  • X Force is more of an alpha strike character, and even on very high scaling nodes there's value in being able to take out one guy very quickly. For example in Simulator there's a Professor X + Storm + Thor (2*) and Professor X + Star-Lord + Devil Dino. In both cases Professor X is overwhelmingly more dangerous than the other two guys put together and he also has the lowest HP for a 4*, so even if you run out of steam after taking him out, it's still much better than having an extended fight against Professor X especially if the game lasted long enough that he can go invisible. This also applies to The Hood, Loki, and Iron Fist (not necessarily successfully because Iron Fist is tough, but nobody beats IF in an extended match either).
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    I think he's still pretty good. Let's face it, this game was not Marvel Puzzle Quest, it was Xforce Puzzle Quest, that's all anyone used because he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Yeah using surgical strike against green users on a board full of green was awesome to insta-kill a whole team but it was OP as all hell. In some ways I enjoy the new PVP more since it's not always Xforce + hood or Thor, there seems to be more viable combos now IMO. Just my .02, not like it really matters.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got my fifth yellowflag.png cover for him. And I'm psyched. I never got more than 2 greenflag.png , so I wasn't HURT nearly as bad when he was reworked. Now he's a wounded animal with a blackflag.png kill switch. His green only ever gets used when he's the sole green user.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    X Force is more of an alpha strike character, and even on very high scaling nodes there's value in being able to take out one guy very quickly. For example in Simulator there's a Professor X + Storm + Thor (2*) and Professor X + Star-Lord + Devil Dino. In both cases Professor X is overwhelmingly more dangerous than the other two guys put together and he also has the lowest HP for a 4*, so even if you run out of steam after taking him out, it's still much better than having an extended fight against Professor X especially if the game lasted long enough that he can go invisible. This also applies to The Hood, Loki, and Iron Fist (not necessarily successfully because Iron Fist is tough, but nobody beats IF in an extended match either).
    IW is the lowest health 4* (Hood tier), Fury and Professor are both higher tier (Black Widow tier), but I agree on the rest.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vaportrail wrote:
    I think he's still pretty good. Let's face it, this game was not Marvel Puzzle Quest, it was Xforce Puzzle Quest, that's all anyone used because he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Yeah using surgical strike against green users on a board full of green was awesome to insta-kill a whole team but it was OP as all hell. In some ways I enjoy the new PVP more since it's not always Xforce + hood or Thor, there seems to be more viable combos now IMO. Just my .02, not like it really matters.

I'm not disagreeing with you that he needed to be changed as he was being used on every team. When someone is being used on every team it's usually a good sign that a change needs to happen. However, I do feel they went too far in the other direction. He is ****. He SHOULD be more powerful than other characters, maybe just not as powerful as he was.
  • So now that a yellow x-force prize is coming up, is the general consensus still that 553 is still the best way to keep him? Anyone out there with 5 yellows finding that any more useful or is it still best to just stick with the board clear option?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Clearing 15 vs 9 tiles is pretty big for cascades, so I'm sticking with 5/5/3. Yellow at 5 is better, but the tile can still get destroyed through tile destruction methods, which means it's potentially wasted AP. At least green is always a sure thing, but I'd say 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 are about equal now.