* Spider-Man (Original) *

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited September 2015 in Character Details
Spider-Man (Original) icon_spiderman.png
1 Star Rarity (Common) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 2754 Tile Damage: 8/31/27/24/7/7/3.5x

Web Swing - 9 redtile.png AP
The Amazing Spider-Man swings into battle, dealing a blow with the proportional strength of a spider. Deals 41 damage, then adds a Web tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals an additional 13 damage if there's a Web tile on the board. Level 3: Deals 44 damage before any bonus damage. Level 4: Deals an additional 20 damage if there's a Web tile on the board. Level 5: Deals an additional 31 damage if there's a Web tile on the board.
Max Level
    Level 3: 480 / 135 damage (615 total) Level 4: 480 / 203 damage (683 total) Level 5: 480 / 324 damage (804 total)

All Tied Up - 8 bluetile.png AP
Spider-Man slings webs, stuning the target for 1 turn and adding a Web tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Stuns an extra turn if 3 or more Web tiles exist. Level 3: Costs 1 fewer Blue AP to fire. Level 4: Stuns an extra turn if 2 or more Web tiles exist. Level 5: Costs 1 fewer Blue AP to fire.
Max Level
    Level 3: Costs 7 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 3 or more Web tiles exist. Level 4: Costs 7 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 2 or more Web tiles exist. Level 5: Costs 6 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 2 or more Web tiles exist.

Spectacular Strategy - 8 purpletile.png AP
Spider-Man uses his wits and webs to overcome incredible odds and win the day. Converts 2 random basic tiles to Critical tiles, then adds a Web tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: If there are 5 or more Web tiles, converts an additional 2 Basic tiles to Critical tiles. Level 3: Creates 4 Critical tiles if there are 4 or more Web tiles on the board. Level 4: Creates 4 Critical tiles if there are 3 or more Web tiles on the board. Level 5: Creates 2 Web tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: 4 Critical tiles if 4+ Web tiles exist. Creates 1 Web tile. Level 4: 4 Critical tiles if 3+ Web tiles exist. Creates 1 Web tile. Level 5: 4 Critical tiles if 3+ Web tiles exist. Creates 2 Web tiles.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• A 1 star character? Huh.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    1* spiderman
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    But....how can it be essential? icon_e_wink.gif

Looks like a character that might be able to combo with another 1* that already has "character specific" tiles it creates?

Edit - Team-mate comments that if so, it already looks better than the 3* counterpart. Let's see a "Lazy" version of this as the 3* upgrade! icon_e_wink.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    a new....1*? Have I gone back in time a year and a half?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't understand the purple progression. Level one creates 2 crits with no "if there are x specials" qualifier, but all above that do 4 but with a qualifier? So potentially zero crits for all but level one?

Edit: you'll take some heat for adding a 1* at this point, but to me, adding one of the most popular characters ever at the entry level to hook new players makes total sense. Especially if you're going to do a spidey story event.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Miles Morales is my guess.

I hope this isn't an essential character along with a 2 star as well in a pvp event though.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    Don't understand the purple progression. Level one creates 2 crits with no "if there are x specials" qualifier, but all above that do 4 but with a qualifier? So potentially zero crits for all but level one?

Edit: you'll take some heat for adding a 1* at this point, but to me, adding one of the most popular characters ever at the entry level to hook new players makes total sense. Especially if you're going to do a spidey story event.

I think it's that it has the basic affect at level 1, then has an additional effect level 2 and onwards.
  • stochasticism
    udonomefoo wrote:

I think it's trying to say you always get 2 and you can get 4 crits if there are a decreasing amount of character specific cough web cough tiles for levels 2-4.
  • IceIX
    udonomefoo wrote:

Level 1 creates 2 tiles at all times. Levels 2-4 create 2 tiles, but an additional 2 if the tile threshold is hit.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So 2* Bullseye's getting a minor buff. I'm sure that won't be at all irritating for a future 350-scaled Gauntlet node.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope we see these super awesome damage dealing skills in 3* land too!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope this isn't Miles Morales, mostly because he deserves better than being relegated to 1* land.
  • IceIX
    DayvBang wrote:
    I hope this isn't Miles Morales, mostly because he deserves better than being relegated to 1* land.
    It it not Miles Morales.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    It it not Miles Morales.

p1EEahjm.jpg
  • This pretty much screams Spiderman to me.

Also, the release of a new 1* right now feels really weird. We get 5 4*s in a row, and then a 1* all of a sudden.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    This pretty much screams Spiderman to me.

Also, the release of a new 1* right now feels really weird. We get 5 4*s in a row, and then a 1* all of a sudden.

This keeps the average * ranking of the releases constant.

Also, character is Pizza Dog, and the Character Unique tiles are clearly pizza slices. I want to believe.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    This pretty much screams Spiderman to me.

Look on the bright side...his roster slot costs the same! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    Talahamut wrote:
    Look on the bright side...his roster slot costs the same! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Being a 1*, you'll be seeing enough of the character in Standards that picking them up when you have a spare slot shouldn't be a huge deal in any case.
  • stochasticism
    IceIX wrote:
    Being a 1*, you'll be seeing enough of the character in Standards that picking them up when you have a spare slot shouldn't be a huge deal in any case.

I'm going to build one speced at 544 just so I can remember what it's like to build a character from scratch in a week instead of a year.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Ice, how will the release work for this character? Will they just be slotted into standard tokens, or will there be a release event for them?