**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    I'm not sure how the probabilities would work out exactly ie with turul simulator. Maybe its like 3.33->3.66
    Turul's simulator isn't going to factor in chained attacks that will destroy more tiles than just playing randomly. Kinda like how it will underestimate tile-change abilities like Doom blue and Cyc Yellow, because it can't factor in intelligent use of those abilities. And 3.33 -> 3.66 is wildly inconsistent, because on the one hand you're assuming you're only destroying 1/3 of a tile on average, but on the other hand, you're assuming you're destroying 3.33 out of 4 tiles.

Yeah there is an pretty hard to judge benefit from 5 to 6 tiles, especially since we would more likely cast it if we can make a match with the strongest color. So yeah I am thinking 3/5/5.

I think with most 4*s (and characters in general) you wouldn't mind leaving a skill at 3, but with deadpool you really do want him 5/5/5, so dam he is well designed and dam do I want a 5/5/5 4pool
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm officially x/x/5 Deadpool. He's all about purple, that's why you would struggle getting the red because you would be chasing green, black, purple. From my experience in PvP if you chase more than 3 colors things get problematic. If you pair DP with XForce you won't get red much, because your goal is getting P, G, B. As good as the Thing seems, you would chase purple, red, green, now all of a sudden you have that red.

3/5/5 and 5/3/5 will be determined by the partner.
    Here's my summation, this is PvP only btw with random 3 star as middle

X-force-3/5/5 chasing Grn, Prpl, Blk
    Thor--Either really, chasing Prpl, Blue, Red, but depending on charged tiles on whose red
    King-Pin--5/3/5, chasing Red, Prpl, Blk
    Fury--5/3/5, chasing red, Prpl, blue
    Carnage--3/5/5, chasing Red, Purple, and Green? While you are chasing red, because carnage so low AP no point for DP
    Thing--either. Chasing Prpl, red, green you will easily get enough red while trying to get things to get DP
    Elektra--5/3/5--chasing Prpl, red, Blk
    IE--3/5/5, chasing Prpl, green, blue. My he goal is to go purple to blue to green so red will take awhile to get
    Jean Grey--either and even 5/5/3. If your goal is Jean's purple then this is the one time where 5/5/3 rules as you would chase red, green, purp.
    Antman--either, although I would lean 5/3/5 as AM's yellow is weak and I would chase red, Prpl, blue
    Devil Dino--5/3/5, chasing red, purp, green
    Captain Falcon--3/5/5, chasing purple, red, yellow, but Falcons will be lethal when combined with yellow
    Prof x--5/3/5, you need red and purple only
    IMHB--3/5/5, chasing purple, black, red. IMHB owns red, DP would be there to protect
    StarLord--either, I would lean 5/3/5 if you chased purple, red, yellow as you would fire a 11 AP red

As you can see DP works well and except for Jean Grey, all best build is on the partner. Only solution

2 Deadpools in your lineup
  • eidehua
    Options
    Yo phaserhawk I see my krakadoom team won against yours. Curious, im forgot what team i was running, xforce/4pool/rags? My 4pool is 3/4/5 right now. I'd be interested to know what ur experience against deadpool? Or was it just lucky cascades for xforce or something
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Just in time for rocking out at the pool side, Deadpool brought along some home-made selfies that he's willing to share with all you happy forum-goers. Just click on the thumbnail to be taken to a larger image, suitable for framing. Or pasting above the porcelain throne to gaze at in wonder hours after a delicious chimichanga. Ya know, whatever floats your boat.

Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_01_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_02_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_03_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_04_Thumb.png

Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_01_Red_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_02_Red_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_03_Red_Thumb.png Deadpool_X-Force_Poster_04_Red_Thumb.png

Event_PVP_DeadpoolXforce1024x768_Thumb.png Event_PVP_DeadpoolXforce1366x768_Thumb.png
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I like 4* Deadpool's look because he looks like what I imagine a Snake-Eyes variant would look like in game. And I'm a big G.I. Joe fan.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Until now I never realized how prominent Wade's . . .um. . ."package" is in that second image.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Yo phaserhawk I see my krakadoom team won against yours. Curious, im forgot what team i was running, xforce/4pool/rags? My 4pool is 3/4/5 right now. I'd be interested to know what ur experience against deadpool? Or was it just lucky cascades for xforce or something

Oh my I got crushed. Was running HB/Cyc. Yeah I never got a turn. Start of AI third turn DP had tiles out. Then I ate a 4th turn Surgical. Massive cascades into purple plus Xforce, had rags not used up red, I would have eaten one of those. At one point it was over 8-9 seconds of watching the AI go to town. I hadn't even dropped Deadpool to below 9000 and game was over,
    However, Deadpools purple is legit. In fact the second time he used it he only got 2 off before tiles expired, and then got enough for a 2nd surgical, except only 2 green in board so it didn't hurt, but yeah purple is the sheet. I'm thinking though 5/3/5 as due to purple you have to take DP out, so defensively his black is not a deterrent. Using black against a cheating AI though would have helped
  • Look great on an s6.
  • Fisk black plus DP purple is sick. Gets out so quick and does so much damage.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    The problem about Deadpool purple is... you can't counter it literally. Stun and match? Nope. Cascade? Nope. The only thing you can do is wait til the timer goes off (which will not happen most of the time since there are so much bombs and the human or ai will match it eventually) and ap steals. (still difficult since it is a very cheap move). I would suggest that the developers should make stuns on dp will not activate the bombs when matched. Otherwise I can see DP is the new pre nerf x force, thoress
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The problem about Deadpool purple is... you can't counter it literally. Stun and match? Nope. Cascade? Nope. The only thing you can do is wait til the timer goes off (which will not happen most of the time since there are so much bombs and the human or ai will match it eventually) and ap steals. (still difficult since it is a very cheap move). I would suggest that the developers should make stuns on dp will not activate the bombs when matched. Otherwise I can see DP is the new pre nerf x force, thoress

Jean grey purple gets rid of them.
  • The problem about Deadpool purple is... you can't counter it literally. Stun and match? Nope. Cascade? Nope. The only thing you can do is wait til the timer goes off (which will not happen most of the time since there are so much bombs and the human or ai will match it eventually) and ap steals. (still difficult since it is a very cheap move). I would suggest that the developers should make stuns on dp will not activate the bombs when matched. Otherwise I can see DP is the new pre nerf x force, thoress
    nahhhhh
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    nwman wrote:

Well, sadly there is only one character to counter him. With not a lot of people owning Jean, Dp can easily dominates
  • nwman wrote:

Well, sadly there is only one character to counter him. With not a lot of people owning Jean, Dp can easily dominates
    so if not many people have jean, how many have DP? slow your roll buddy
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Well after playing with the loaner a bit, and a friends account who had him 3/3/3, I have a little bit more information on how to play Deadpool and hopefully can further help people with their builds. Bare in mind this is only for PvP, PvE is a whole other icon_beast.png And it changed my way of thinking

To go along with my prior post, PvP really is about 3 colors you are chasing plus maybe an optional 4th when those don't present themselves. Example, Fistbuster. You are chasing Purple, Black and Red. If you can't make those you are probably matching green or blue, unless say your featured Hero is Thor, you may opt for yellow, but generally unless the featured has an amazing skill, you aren't going to deviate much from the course.

Now with Deadpool assuming he was 5/5/5 you would obviously chase red and purple, but his Black has been the topic of much debate. From my experience, black does trigger quite often, but.......you must/have to adjust your lineup to use it effectively. Unless you are going up against an AoE powerhouse like Jean, where it won't matter, you want anyone on your team tanking a minimum of 2 of the 3 primary colors you are chasing. Why? Because if you don't, when DP sticks his headout and the AI blasts you, nothing happens. This is one reason why a 3/5/5 Deadpool works very well with a XForce Wolvie. You are going for purple, green, and black and XForce tanks 2 of those 3, this then enables your passive to have a much higher rate of triggering. The same goes with say HB. You would be chasing red, black, purple with him, and HB will tank 2 of those, therefore a 3/5/5 build will work wonders. The Thing is the only exception to the rule as it won't matter since if the dmg is high enough, he would jump in to protect Deadpool thus triggering the passive, so it won't matter that while chasing red/purple/green in that duo, that DP tanks 2, since the Thing if made 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 would trigger whenever DP would trigger. As of right now, these are the current big players in PvP from 4* land

X-Force, HB, Thor, KP, Thing, Sam Wilson (he will be seriously look at him), Jean Grey, Carnage, PX (more for climbing, not high levels). They are the playable even when not buffed. Fury is the one guy that when buffed you will see at high levels so he is an outside 9th. AntMan, while not bad isn't a serious PvP player without a partner.

So of the 8 regulars that you will almost always see at high levels regardless if buffed or not are XF, HB, Thor, KP, Thing, JG, Carnage, SW (again, he's essentially a harder hitting squishier Thor),

In those, all of them, I mean all of them would tank 2 of the 3 main colors you would chase. Of those 8, red is only not going to be chased with XF, because all the rest need it, or would be one of your main 3. Now HB would take red from DP, as well as Caranage, but Thor and SW would be dependent upon the board, if not enough charged tiles or shields, Deadpools is much stronger. Now 2 of the 8 would actually be okay with DPX going 5/5/3 that would be KP and Jean Grey.

XF--Deadpool would work best at 3/5/5
    Carnage--DP would work best at 3/5/5 (in fact this might be a very scary duo) Carnage, with his special tiles plus DP's and then Carnage Green, oh man
    HB--DP would work best 3/5/5

Jean Grey--Honestly I think 5/5/3 DP works best here, you are going for red, green, purple, and honestly Jean's purple is better, not by much

KP--red, purple, black are you colors, The question is how do you value purple, you could get away with 5/5/3 DP here, but honestly any build works well with KP but having red as a back up would be nice

Thor and SW are similar--you want red in all cases and with Sam you want a yellow to red combo, thor you want a blue to red. In either case purple is key, but Sam could be better with a 5/3/5 DP because his shields could mess up the passive, I don't know.

Thing--I really think a 5/3/5 works best here, just because if you are chasing red, green, purple, its not too hard to wait for one more match to Launch Deadpools red.

At least that was my original line of thinking, until I kept playing and playing

Here's the final kicker though. Of all those 8 guys, who can reliable destroy Deadpools without just matching them away? XF always with black, otherwise Carnage, Thing and KP are the only others that can reliably pop those tiles, and KP is the only one other than XF that can always do it with black. Everyone else just has a chance with Green.

So to me 3/5/5 always for Carnage and XF
    5/3/5--Thing
    5/5/3--Jean Grey, HB, Thor, SW
    KP--really any build

Hope that helps. But if Carnage/DP proves as good as I think it can, 3/5/5 might just be the best build. I do like the XF, but that's some squishy 4*'s where compared to the rest of the field. So if Carnage/DP or XF/DP prove to be the duo to beat I would recommend a 3/5/5, but if it's just a decent pairing, DP works best in reality as a 5/5/3 with purple more as an annoyance, because other than matching you have no other 4* other than XF, Thing, and Carnage that can destroy a mass of them. I am by no means saying other builds don't work, but DPX is a guy that's not going to just be played when he's featured. He reminds me a bit of Quicksilver. I built him 5/5/3 for PvP only, but in reality building him 5/3/5 will allow you to use him more. Deadpool I think is the same in this situation. 5 purple looks amazing, but when you think about how to trigger it realiably, I found myself more than once having 3-4 of the tiles expiring because I had no ways to explode them if I didn't run Carnage, or XF, or Thing. I think I am going to go 5/5/3 after that, but again, if Carnage is the beast I think it may be, I just may specialize like I did Sentry(3/5/5)/Hood(3/5/5) and do a 5/3/5 Carnage with a 3/5/5 DP and make a PvP hopper from hell, but this is on paper and with limited testing.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    nwman wrote:

so if not many people have jean, how many have DP? slow your roll buddy

You can overwrite them with 3* cap abilities without triggering them.
  • Griv74 wrote:

You can overwrite them with 3* cap abilities without triggering them.
    I was going to point that out, but I didn't feel like.....going through that entire person's argument there was um...ALOT that wasn't actually true. Like OMG PANIC NERF DEADPOOL OMG
  • eidehua
    Options
    Phaserhawk I was thinking in the same lines as you earlier on, which was why I was thinking about 4 or 3 purple, but while you have changed your mind about 5 purple I have changed my mind about 3 purple, aint that some icon_thing.png !
    There is a big damage difference between 3 and 4 purple even if you shatter say 3 tiles, and the thing I noticed about 5 purple from playing it is that you are more confident launching it and getting at least 2 or 3 for a match that turn, since there is a higher chance with that extra tile that a match-3 you see will have purple countdowns to do damage. He does need to be played with a board shaker to refresh the board after his first purple though, but I still think at least 4 purple.
  • Can anyone state for me a red power that yields more damage than a max out of bullets that doesn't have to meet a condition, isn't CD based or requires a sacrifice of health? dude of course other reds are going to do more damage than a rank 3 red, because its rank 3. you say similar damage but black 5 still requires you to sit there and wait for the damage to come where once you have 13 red you can fire that SoB and throw it at their head and most importantly the target of your choice, black resolving won't always be the person you wanted to hit.
    You mean like HB red?
    9 AP = 5670 (minimum)
    12 AP = 7560 (one match past minimum)
    13 AP = 8190 (same as OoB)

And lets assume that for out of bullets you need 5 match-3s, so 15 AP total:

15 AP = 9450 repulsor punch

You dont NEED to use black to feed red for HB, but doing so will accelerate all damage aftewards thus you will be saving more health than the 1500 lost.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing with him I have to say that black is better than what I thought (specially in an event where the Hood is buffed), I still think red should be at 5 (not even 4) if you dont want to cripple his active capabilities (because you know, somerimes things dont go as planned and your IMHB or XWolvie could die and then you dont have nothing to defend yourself) so now I am thinking of going 5/4/4. You dont cripple purple that much going from 5 to 4, and black gets also a little bit better, so... But this one is one of those very hard to settle, kudos to devs.

Ps: And he is very fun to play!