**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Its funny to see 5~6 X-forcer CD after you use SS+CDfW to down an enemy in DPX's team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So his black doesn't count overkill, I took a repulsor blast to one of my guys with <100 hp and the x-enforcer tile didn't generate.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    The 5th upgrade of purple on average isn't that stellar

rank 4 purple: 6605 total damage

rank 5 purple: 9072 total damage

4 --> 5 = 2467 more total damage + additional tile for strike tile and carry over damage purposes

isn't stellar? bruh...

i'm going to mark these paragraphs with the ability color markers because i'm bored and people can skip to whatever point on the power they want to hear and btw Eidehua this is not aimed towards you, this is just my views.

purpleflag.png I think people are severely overlooking how stupidly powerful this move is even if you don't hit all the tiles. For all intents and purposes countdown for what is basically an advance version of hawkeye's speed shot for 7 AP where you can fire it when you want and don't care if they get hit cause you'll still get the damage.

purpleflag.png For the sake of argument let say you pair DP with a strike tile maker like rocket, 1044 strength tiles, ha ha fun and games until CDFW comes out. each time those bad boys get pop imagine how awesome it is that the 1044 is being applied to them again and again, this is all theoretical yes, but its still amazing potential. Technically you could also say strike tiles being out help make up for any CDFW tiles that might be missed due to ticking to zero

redflag.png people leaving red at 4 or 3 makes me pretty sad face, rank 5 is so powerful and the complaint seems to be that it's 13 cost but I dunno what these mythical battles are where people can't gather 13 of one color every other round. people pull off things like righteous uppercut or full blast which are both single target nukes of similar damage when maxed but guess what the difference between OoB and these moves is, its that unlike RU or full blast, OoB doesn't need to meet a condition to do similar damage. You could argue that if you pop it when DP is really healthy you're kinda wasting whatever the healing is valued at in AP cost but I would still call **** on this since 1) it becomes more valuable the more danger you are in because its friggen true healing and 2) you probably just disemboweled someone with that 7678 damage.

blackflag.png .......why do some people have such a hard on for this move? if it can't meet its condition it's USELESS AT MAX, unless you just want a chuckle now and then from a 3.4k backhanding. last man standing? man I wish I had that purple or god forbid that disemboweling red maxed out so I can safely win and not waste even more valuable health packs, the goal is kinda to not make it a priority to have your team damaged. On defense smart players are already going to be chopping away at DP to get this passive out of the way anyhow, maxed out red is really still better served here because it can delay and delay is really the key word here folks because delaying can = winning for you.
  • eidehua
    Options
    I'm not arguing against the potential damage of 5 purple, but rather the average. I think this needs the probabilities simulated to fully see the average damage change for purple. I don't know man, but a lot of the guys who have him maxed are 3/5/5, some 5/3/5, even a few 4/5/4. (well i'm just checking the top 10 in pvp alliance guys).
    One reason perhaps that luke cage can get his yellow off more often is his protect tile, match damage does add up.

If you don't hit all 6 tiles, it still does a ton of damage at 4 covers. It definitely needs to be simulated to see how the average tile destroyed changes from 4->5.

You know, I don't think black at 3 will force your enemies to attack deadpool first if they have a higher priority target.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    If you assume that 2/3 of the tiles will be destroyed on average, and on average you'll get purple off twice in a match, dropping to 4 costs you almost 3300. I don't know that you can make that up by increasing another ability by 1 cover.
  • simonsez
    Options
    the complaint seems to be that it's 13 cost
    No, my complaint is that in typical circumstances I can get similar damage if I go red5/black3 vs. red3/black5; but with the latter, I can use someone else's red, that's going to do way more damage than the 250/AP that red3 is doing.

And your argument that the passive is moot on defense ignores that his red is moot on defense as well, since anyone smart enough to target him first is also going to be smart enough not to give him 13 red.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marcus, I'm with you on the whole "oh no it's 13" At worst 13AP means you are in the 5 match category. Other skills that fall into that

redflag.png Pistol
    blackflag.png Full Blast
    purpleflag.png Whales
    yellowflag.png Righteous Uppercut
    purpleflag.png Reality Crush
    yellowflag.png Twin Pistols
    greenflag.png Call of the Storm
    redflag.png TBTI
    greenflag.png Godlike Power
    blackflag.png Fastball Special

The more I play with numbers, the more I'm beginning to settle on 5/3/5 but do think 3/5/5 would be fun, DPX is one I will try to get 2 of.
    What really swung me was 2 things. 1. You have to activate black twice with a 3/5/5 to just be short of a 5/3/5. 2. The game swing of red isn't 7678, its 12239. Not sure about the rest of you, but I have been losing a lot more in PvP and having a guy smacking face for that would really help.

I do think 3/5/5 though is the better PvE build, but if I'm playing PvP (which is my preference) I want speed and power, I'm not going to let the AI get anything off if I can help it, and as for a deterrant, players will just play around him like Jean Grey
  • eidehua
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    If you assume that 2/3 of the tiles will be destroyed on average, and on average you'll get purple off twice in a match, dropping to 4 costs you almost 3300. I don't know that you can make that up by increasing another ability by 1 cover.

I think this assumption takes you from 3.333 tiles to 4 tiles on average, which I'm not sure adding one more tile would actually do.
  • simonsez
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    I think this assumption takes you from 3.333 tiles to 4 tiles on average, which I'm not sure adding one more tile would actually do.
    In other words, you don't think that you can destroy 2/3 of these on average? I think it's a pretty fair estimate, especially since many times, you'll be chaining this with SS and getting ALL of them.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    No, my complaint is that in typical circumstances I can get similar damage if I go red5/black3 vs. red3/black5; but with the latter, I can use someone else's red, that's going to do way more damage than the 250/AP that red3 is doing.

And your argument that the passive is moot on defense ignores that his red is moot on defense as well, since anyone smart enough to target him first is also going to be smart enough not to give him 13 red.

But you are forgetting an important part of red power, Heal! Red power also heals Deadpool for 4000 hitpoints! It is not just a damage dealer power! And that is a lot. And that helps team sustainability. If you team him with XForce and you play it safe, you can make a lot of matches without using any health pack! And that is quite important.

It is true that red is a color owned by IMHB, but you are probably not going to play Deadpool with him, so then it is not as problematic.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    But you are forgetting an important part of red power, Heal!
    I'm not forgetting it, I'm just prioritizing offense over defense. Dealing extra damage is going to win you more matches than an occasional burst of health or other forms of damage mitigation. That's why most people have KK's yellow at 3, Cage's red at 3, Cmag's yellow at 3, XF's yellow at 3, etc.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

Can anyone state for me a red power that yields more damage than a max out of bullets that doesn't have to meet a condition, isn't CD based or requires a sacrifice of health? dude of course other reds are going to do more damage than a rank 3 red, because its rank 3. you say similar damage but black 5 still requires you to sit there and wait for the damage to come where once you have 13 red you can fire that SoB and throw it at their head and most importantly the target of your choice, black resolving won't always be the person you wanted to hit.

simonsez wrote:

sorry man but I gotta call **** on this mainly because **** happens and if you've played this game long enough this is a fact i'm sure you're well aware of. As long as you're targeting DP his passive WILL NOT trigger, there is no reason for it to go off if he's the one you're bursting down first. Red on the flip side still can, yeah you can be a smart player and deny him red but just as I stated above **** happens. Sometimes I eat a cyclops full blast obviously not because I wanted too but because AI got a cascade or something and they were able to pull it off.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Options
    Curious if you have Deadpool and Carnage together.

You have Deadpool Countdown tiles on the board, and trigger Carnage Rules.

You destroy tiles and of course will trigger damage if you hit a countdown tile....

DOES HITTING THE COUNTDOWN TILE with this move give you the extra Damage from Carnage's ability???

Thank you
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    But you are forgetting an important part of red power, Heal!
    I'm not forgetting it, I'm just prioritizing offense over defense. Dealing extra damage is going to win you more matches than an occasional burst of health or other forms of damage mitigation. That's why most people have KK's yellow at 3, Cage's red at 3, Cmag's yellow at 3, XF's yellow at 3, etc.

But this is different because this is True Heal, it has nothing to do with KK. And the difference with the others is that this one does damage and heals at the same time. Imagine that Luke would create a shield AND a strike tile or XForce would do damage and heal if the counter gets to 0 or if it is destroyed? Would then these powers be superiors to the alternatives?

This is why I think you cant forget the heal part so easily, because it is not and OR, it is an AND (and true heal)
  • So I am thinking of in the future running icon_deadpool.png with icon_thing.png so I am currently leaning toward 355 build since I could use The Thing's redflag.png to do as much/more damage as Deadpool's redflag.png and Thing's passive would allow Deadpool's blackflag.png to go off more frequently than otherwise. But where I am torn, is the thought that with the 355 build, Deadpool can really only be used with The Thing, whereas at 535, he can still be used with The Thing (albeit less effectively) but he would be much more functional with more pairs, especially those with no active red ability.
  • eidehua
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    In other words, you don't think that you can destroy 2/3 of these on average? I think it's a pretty fair estimate, especially since many times, you'll be chaining this with SS and getting ALL of them.
    It makes sense, but I'm not sure how the probabilities would work out exactly ie with turul simulator. Maybe its like 3.33->3.66, but yes I was only looking at it as 3->3 or 4->4 not a small increase which is probably true, so yeah it is better.

Gagutz wrote:
    Curious if you have Deadpool and Carnage together.

You have Deadpool Countdown tiles on the board, and trigger Carnage Rules.

You destroy tiles and of course will trigger damage if you hit a countdown tile....

DOES HITTING THE COUNTDOWN TILE with this move give you the extra Damage from Carnage's ability???

Thank you
    Yeah, I believe Carnage Rules would do damage from the ability and the tile
  • simonsez
    Options
    black 5 still requires you to sit there and wait for the damage to come

sorry man but I gotta call **** on this mainly because tinykitty happens and if you've played this game long enough this is a fact i'm sure you're well aware of.
    Come on, you can't have it both ways. First you're telling me that you've got to sit and wait for damage, as if attacks are rainbow colored unicorns that hardly ever happen. Then you're telling me that **** happens and you're going to get your 13 red on defense. You can't be THAT selective on which **** is gonna happen. There's obviously a case to be made for Red5, but not when you use this kind of inconsistent logic.
  • So I am thinking of in the future running icon_deadpool.png with icon_thing.png so I am currently leaning toward 355 build since I could use The Thing's redflag.png to do as much/more damage as Deadpool's redflag.png and Thing's passive would allow Deadpool's blackflag.png to go off more frequently than otherwise. But where I am torn, is the thought that with the 355 build, Deadpool can really only be used with The Thing, whereas at 535, he can still be used with The Thing (albeit less effectively) but he would be much more functional with more pairs, especially those with no active red ability.

I am doing the same thing lol. Going 3/5/5 with a thing that has maxed 5 red. I think it will be solid. Plus, you can team them up with a couple people. Wilson Fisks black will destroy a DP countdown, doing 5k damage from fisk and then the countdown damage. Of course you can team with Xforce as well. I am sure there are some other good combos. My initial thought was with Jean, since jeans purple can negate any 'tile stealing' the opponent does but too few colors colors to work with. Could also go antman and be a CD machine!
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    In Pool Party event, i played my 514-DPX with maxed WFX and maxed 4*Thor.
    I think his performance is really quite good. DPX 's red healing saved me a couple of times when i was almost defeated.
    Two red color may seems overlaping each other but i use them in different cases. When i have enough charged tiles on board then Smite comes first. Otherwise(or if DPX is almost dead) i use OoB. SS+CDfW are always the skills I aimed to fire first. Usually that may down one opponent shortly,so it can buy me some time to gain Blue AP for Power Surge to stun someone or Red AP for OoB/Smite. Overall I think it's fun to play with this team.
    [Offtopic] My DPX+WFX always struggle for Red, Black and Purple APs with Fistbuster. This makes me excited and nervous icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Anyway i dont have full-covered Kingpin and Thing so i decided to settle DPX with 5-3-5. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • simonsez
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    I'm not sure how the probabilities would work out exactly ie with turul simulator. Maybe its like 3.33->3.66
    Turul's simulator isn't going to factor in chained attacks that will destroy more tiles than just playing randomly. Kinda like how it will underestimate tile-change abilities like Doom blue and Cyc Yellow, because it can't factor in intelligent use of those abilities. And 3.33 -> 3.66 is wildly inconsistent, because on the one hand you're assuming you're only destroying 1/3 of a tile on average, but on the other hand, you're assuming you're destroying 3.33 out of 4 tiles.