**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, as has been stated by others, the synergy with xforce wolvie is awesome. 5/6 active with 2 true healers and a purple-to-black combo that will drop almost anyone. Add in a good active blue skill (fury or maybe antman against special tile generators) and you have a very solid all around team.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing DP4 about 30 times with a variety of teams ...
    13 redtile.png L3: 3290, L4: 4753, L5: 7678 is used in about 40% of of my games.
    PA blacktile.png L3: 2x1460=2920, L4: 2x2109=4380, L5: 2x3406=6812 vs AOE attacks almost always triggered by strong opponents, often 4+ times.
    7 purpletile.png L3: 5x876=4380, L4: 5x1321=6605, L5: 6x1512=9072. -- Fun, but sometimes there won't be many of the "strongest color" tile. Very strong with either X-Force or Kingpin. Can be tricky to activate all the tiles without X-Force.

All are very strong. In the games I've played, the blacktile.png often kills opponents before I get a chance to build up redtile.png . The purpletile.png damage is conditional, it's tricky to get the full amount without X-Force, so the purpletile.png L3 to L4 to L5 jump aren't all that useful.

So... blacktile.png 5, redtile.png 4 or 5, purpletile.png 3 or 4.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think Deadpool's black can really turn around a fight. On offense, you are usually targetting the guy you want down first-- the most dangerous. If they do get powers off, you are less likely to win or you win at lower health than you'd like. Deadpool's black potentially lets you swing a loss game back perhaps more so than his red.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the DA PvEs, where all of the opponents spam abilities except Yelena, I can see 5 black being invaluable.

In PvP, you don't really want to be consistently taking 1300+ damage. Especially when one of the more prevalent opponents is Fist/HB, where they hit for 4k+, not 2k. In which case his black shouldn't do much.

I'm likely going 5/3/5 just because the synergy with XForce is too good to ignore his purple, and even in practice here, I don't think the black should take precedence, even if it's devastating when it triggers.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I disagree strongly with the general consensus of 535. After 10 or more fights with the loaner, I find that I rarely get the 13 redtile.png . On the other hand, Ragnarok and Ares get a few of their 6 AP abilities every fight, which triggers the black, as long as someone else takes the hit. Not to mention how amazing it is against all kinds of AoE.

People have been calling it a defensive ability, but I think blackflag.png actually shines on offense, where the AI can't just attack Deadpool to avoid it.

I also think the true healing is being massively overrated. Unless you're in a hardcore end-of-sub grind in PvE, I feel the 10 health packs last me long enough.
    loaner fights are barely fights at all
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another thing to consider in the red vs. black debate is that there is pretty strong competition for good red actives. Some people mentioned using IMHB as a red battery, but IMHB can just use his own red AP to nuke the opponent, and do it sooner. Sure, XFD's red at 5 covers is really impressive, but using him as a loaner I was surprised to see how often the AI triggered his black passive...

Interestingly, nobody is really suggesting 5/5/3. That might be his best build if you *don't* plan to run him with XFW regularly.

My only level 270 characters are XFW and 4* Thor, so 5/5/3 might make some sense if I used Thor for her blue and kept her red in the mix. Alternatively, I could max DP's red and re-spec Thor to 3/5/5 to maximize her stun, AoE, and overwriting. Actually, that last one is surprisingly tempting.

I'm only getting one cover out of this event, so it'll be a while before I actually have to make a decision on his final build.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

Interestingly, nobody is really suggesting 5/5/3. That might be his best build if you *don't* plan to run him with XFW regularly.

even not running him with with XFW, rank 3 purple is 4380 total damage vs rank 5's 9072 total damage which is a huge increase and hard to pass up damage for 7 AP, especially considering it has the added value of the damage going off one at a time, letting it spread to the next character if it kills the previous and can dip into strike tile over and over.

purple is too good not to max and it also kinda discourages board shaking unless you want to accidentally pop a few trap tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well it's good to see a debate on him, that usually is a sign of balance.

I've been kicking around numbers and do see a few builds that you can argue for so here they are.

5/3/5
    3/5/5
    5/4/4
    5/5/3

As you can see red generally is maxed, but 3/5/5 is decent, the problem with 4 red is that it's not worth gimping a purple or black for 4 red, so better to either go all in or not. I'm seriously debating a 5/5/3 Deadpool as a counter to Jean Grey, since if she AoE's you Deadpool will make her pay with 6K dmg to the face, the problem is you really **** purple and purple is the skill that you can just lay the board with. If Jean Grey becomes extremely prevalent, then I think 5 black Deadpool is a must as he can shut her down. But purple just proved to be too good to not have at least 4

Summation.
    purpleflag.pngCountdown for What--This cannot, be less then 4, that means a 5/5/3 build is out. I generally saw 1 maybe 2 tops of the tiles never went off, so you are gonna get decent dmg

blackflag.png X-Enforcer--Much better than we all thought, but can it be consistent enough?

redflag.pngOut of Bullets Great skill, but how often will we use it?

I'm throwing out 5/5/3, leaving with 3 builds IMO 5/3/5, 5/4/4 and 3/5/5. I"ll play with some more things and get back to yall. But love him.
  • eidehua
    Options
    While you might not seen the benefits of 5 purple vs 4 purple most of the time, I don't think the difference between 3 black and 4 black is significant enough (649 damage difference). So for black I think it's either 3 or 5.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    While you might not seen the benefits of 5 purple vs 4 purple most of the time, I don't think the difference between 3 black and 4 black is significant enough (649 damage difference). So for black I think it's either 3 or 5.

Not a bad conclusion. It is really going to come down to who you pair as DP's 4 star partner. If xforce then 5 purple is mandatory. If King Pin is your guy then 5/5/3 works since KP can only bust one at a time

I really think it's going to depend on 1 gal, Jean Grey. Because if she is dominating soon, for every AoE she fires she could put 6k on the board for you.
  • eidehua
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

Not a bad conclusion. It is really going to come down to who you pair as DP's 4 star partner. If xforce then 5 purple is mandatory. If King Pin is your guy then 5/5/3 works since KP can only bust one at a time

I really think it's going to depend on 1 gal, Jean Grey. Because if she is dominating soon, for every AoE she fires she could put 6k on the board for you.

Yep, I really like that multiple builds are pretty viable. One cool thing about Deadpool purple is that he is one of the few that benefit from being stunned -- his countdowns don't tick down and they still work (which I don't think is the general case? -- Does Starlords cd tiles still work when he is stunned?). And I think dp's tiles would work while being airborne.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

Yep, I really like that multiple builds are pretty viable. One cool thing about Deadpool purple is that he is one of the few that benefit from being stunned -- his countdowns don't tick down and they still work (which I don't think is the general case? -- Does Starlords cd tiles still work when he is stunned?). And I think dp's tiles would work while being airborne.
    depends on the CD. most CDs besides teamup ones won't go down. Then there's bagman teamup and enemy OBW
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Counter Jean Grey...Counter "Counter PX"? icon_lol.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went 355 personnally.. Red is good but there are many red users in 4* land than i d rather use over red dp., thing/carnage/HB comes into mind.. When buffed xf will fit the bill but otherwise i found him too squishy for pvp.. I will have finished my fight long before i collected reds.. That might not be the best build but that ll be the one that fits my way of playing the most.. We re debating within crews a lot over this and no consensus emerged..
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    I went 355 personnally.. Red is good but there are many red users in 4* land than i d rather use over red dp., thing/carnage/HB comes into mind.. When buffed xf will fit the bill but otherwise i found him too squishy for pvp.. I will have finished my fight long before i collected reds.. That might not be the best build but that ll be the one that fits my way of playing the most.. We re debating within crews a lot over this and no consensus emerged..

My only concern is that when DP buffed, black won't trigger as often
  • One of the times I've hated fighting the normal deadpool is when paired with someone like Colossus. Made me think of here, While XFW is being thrown around a lot (and I can see why), I wonder how Thing will work with him. Common solution to beating Thing is to just hit him hard first, but that can get you killed with XFDP. Hit XFDP hard, and thing will sprout those wonderful protect tiles, and somewhere in all the 'get the protects off the board' action that follows, XFDP will slice you and heal back up anyways. I don't hav enough experieince with XFDP (just loaner) to know if things board shake up will trigger his purple, but its somethign else to consider.

In simulator would anyone really want to fight Thing/XFW/XFDP?
    - Unreall
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

My only concern is that when DP buffed, black won't trigger as often

If your argument for 5 blacktile.png centers on Jean, it'll trigger the same buffed or not, because she'll cross the threshold either way.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    In simulator would anyone really want to fight Thing/XFW/XFDP?

I get PX/GSBW/SW, so sure, bring 'em on. Just have to be really sure you don't break the chain until you're done with Thing and XFDP.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

If blue is out while Vision is stunned, attack tiles are still modified but the CD does not go down. Starlord is probably the same, the trigger is if the tile is present.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I like 3/5/5 for now. If I'm going to go 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 eventually, it will be because I've found that pairing him with someone that makes a ton of Red gets his ability off more often. I think on defense in PvP you are going to want X/5/X and I just think that 13 Red is going to be tough to acquire without selling out on red generation (such as with Cyclops, Marvel, IMHB).