**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Demolira wrote:
    The important question here is: Do you earn Deadpool points for playing a game with X-Force Deadpool?
    No. Deadpool only communes with whales when he is wearing red.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we expect a 4* DDQ with this new one? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    If/when we make such an update, it'd probably coincide with a new Versus season. So no, no change with this version of Deadpool's release.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Demolira wrote:
    The important question here is: Do you earn Deadpool points for playing a game with X-Force Deadpool?
    No. Deadpool only communes with whales when he is wearing red.

Who can argue with that logic?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hmmm - so if you cast Countdown for What? and then XFW Surgical Strike I get the combo can do Uncanny amounts of damage.
    But will they always be combined or will Surgical Strike and the Countdown's resolve independently?
    In other words, if Surgical Strike downs a character, will the Countdown tiles detonate on the next character standing, or will all the damage from Surgical and the Countdowns be combined into one spectacular taco salad of destruction on a single character?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmmm - so if you cast Countdown for What? and then XFW Surgical Strike I get the combo can do Uncanny amounts of damage.
    But will they always be combined or will Surgical Strike and the Countdown's resolve independently?
    In other words, if Surgical Strike downs a character, will the Countdown tiles detonate on the next character standing, or will all the damage from Surgical and the Countdowns be combined into one spectacular taco salad of destruction on a single character?

This is incredibly important, because as long as there are a decent number of tiles left of the strongest color, SS will usually be enough to kill or almost kill a guy. You are just throwing away all this extra damage if they resolve on the same guy even if he would've been downed by SS alone. I don't see myself using Deadpool purple without X-Force SS.

By the way, we still haven't come up with a new nickname for DP 4 star. XPool? Sounds kind of stupid, but fits with X-Force. XDP? ForcePool? Dead Force? Left his whales at home Pool?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thinking about teams besides the obvious X-Force one. I know it doesn't have full rainbow, but what about HB? You try to get through 14k in health for DP and still have 17k left in HB. You can't attack anyone but DP this entire time, or DP sets off his black. Meanwhile, if DP collects enough red OR black, there is a chance of him using his red from HB overdrive, and healing up a bunch. You really have no choice but to take out DP first in any 4 star team, since Iron Fist punches won't chew through 14k health fast enough. That leaves a lot of time for HB to get ready.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    I mentioned Kingpin above and I stand by it, because Countdown For What and Wilson's Gambit are a perfect combination, and if CFW and Maggia Goons tiles are on the board at the same time it turns into a minefield for the enemy team.

Also, DeadForce makes a strong counterpick for X-Force Wolverine if both teams have the same strongest color, because then Surgical Strike nukes both sides.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    If/when we make such an update, it'd probably coincide with a new Versus season. So no, no change with this version of Deadpool's release.

So you're saying there's a chance... icon_e_wink.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    when we make such an update, it'd probably coincide with a new Versus season. So no, no change with this version of Deadpool's release.

Fixed. Please?

typvKIa.png?2
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    So I'm thinking if you match 2 XFW Recovery tiles in one go, they do process their damages separately. If the same principle applies, would destruction of CDfW tiles from Surgical Strike cause the following sequence of damage?

1) Surgical Strike on (x + y) tiles, where y are CDfW tiles.

2) Separate process of each CDfW tiles (y * 1512) damage.

If that's the case, we may have just found our new juiced up Sac Rupture combo.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    If I get a DXF, i am gonna team that up with XFW and make the whole team BLACK icon_cool.gif
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TOFU3 wrote:
    If I get a DXF, i am gonna team that up with XFW and make the whole team BLACK icon_cool.gif

Something tells me we will get 4* Psylocke at some point to complete the trio. And even if they didn't have official team bonuses, the outstanding synergy would be fun.

Ha, just realized he is great to take on hulk bombing. Especially since you can then take him to story mode with Cyclops or someone else and heal him.
  • WXF, DXF, PXF uh? Sounds interesting.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question on Countdown For What, if let's say I bring Daken/Blade and my strongest color is Red, will XDP CD's overwrite my strike tiles? We need some sort of defensive against this guy.

Yes XFW combo will be powerful but it's Kingpin I am more worried about. Kingpin has a lot of CD characters to play with, he's fingering more than I did in Highschool icon_lol.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question on Countdown For What, if let's say I bring Daken/Blade and my strongest color is Red, will XDP CD's overwrite my strike tiles? We need some sort of defensive against this guy.

Yes XFW combo will be powerful but it's Kingpin I am more worried about. Kingpin has a lot of CD characters to play with, he's fingering more than I did in Highschool icon_lol.gif

I haven't laughed as much on this forum as I just did reading that! icon_lol.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does Falcon trigger these or does he overwrite them, not destroy them?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Does Falcon trigger these or does he overwrite them, not destroy them?
    Does he trigger any overwritten CD tile? I'm pretty sure that the tile ceases existing at all when he turns them into Redwing.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    It's impossible to say, because there's no tile in the game that activates when destroyed by any means now. Awaken The Hand countdowns only trigger when matched.
  • Falcon/Cap/Switch generally don't trigger(I guess you could test against Gorgon/4*Wov yellow). But as has been said, who knows.