**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Question on Countdown For What, if let's say I bring Daken/Blade and my strongest color is Red, will XDP CD's overwrite my strike tiles? We need some sort of defensive against this guy.
    I don't think so. XDP's purple should work like other CD tile creation abilities, which mean CD tiles will be created on basic tiles only. Overwriting special tiles seems to be a special case and they'll probably make it clear in the description like Cap's abilities
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Does Falcon trigger these or does he overwrite them, not destroy them?
    Does he trigger any overwritten CD tile? I'm pretty sure that the tile ceases existing at all when he turns them into Redwing.

This one is odd though because it says destroyed by any means. Trap tiles, which essentially these are just visible, only go off if they are matched away or blow up in a match 4, the fact that this says destroyed in anyway has me wondering. Do cap, falcon, StarLord destroy or convert?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    There really shouldn't be this much confusion.

CFW tiles detonate when destroyed.
    Judgement destroys tiles, Lightning Strike/Storm destroys tiles, Surgical Strike destroys tiles, King Finger destroys tiles, etc.

Redwing does not destroy tiles, none of Captain America's abilities destroy tiles, Coercive Field does not destroy tiles, Striking Distance does not destroy tiles.

It really would help if the designers/devs kept to a uniform language for describing gameplay mechanisms - they're really close, but every now and again something different slips through. They could make an ability quite clear by using bolded keywords like create, convert, destroy.

So Redwing could be used to clear away up to 3 CFW tiles if you can match Redwing away after each conversion. If Captain America can keep up his stun rotation and get a few shields going he might even be able to clear them all out - although with that much time, you should be able to kill Deadpool first.

What is still unknown is how the damage stack will resolve. I think currently our best example to base our guesses on would be matching XFW's Recovery CD during a cascade - in particular, matching an opposing Recovery CD. In this case, damage from the destroyed tiles is applied and then the cascade resumes/starts. I actually think CFW into SS will resolves as follows:

CFW damage
    SS damage
    tile cascade
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    Deadpool vs Deadpool has interesting synergy with X-Force.

Trigger an enemy's Deadpool and put X-Force in front.
    Enemy's Deadpool triggers your Deadpool.
    If you want, you can retrigger their Deadpool with Deadpool.
    Get X-Force to take the blow again, retriggering your Deadpool
    Then heal X-Force.

Hopefully Surgical Strike triggers the Purple ability too; damage after the fact? (eg 2nd target damage if first is downed).

--edit found it! Looks like yes!
    Countdown for What lays down the fake countdown tiles on the enemy’s strongest color and then Surgical Strike destroys every tile of the enemy’s strongest color!
    More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2495 ... z3hwkgGShH
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    It really would help if the designers/devs kept to a uniform language for describing gameplay mechanisms
    That'd be great, but based on the patch notes, they can't even distinguish strike tiles from attack tiles. Getting them to speak accurately about more nuanced mechanics is going to be tough.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Other than WXF, is there some other good choices to team up with DXF? Cyclops?SW?Kingpin?HB?
  • Designer/devs are not the same as marketing/publishing whom may not work as closely with the mechanics.
    Besides XForce, HB seems like the next best: red accelerator, strikes to work with the countdown tiles, though there is still the 2-color overlap.

Another possible Deadpool counter would be Thing. He takes the damage once, and then you've got massive protect tiles.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    By the way, we still haven't come up with a new nickname for DP 4 star. XPool? Sounds kind of stupid, but fits with X-Force. XDP? ForcePool? Dead Force? Left his whales at home Pool?
    I like DPX, myself. XDP also works, but things sound cooler when the X is at the end.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    vudu3 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    By the way, we still haven't come up with a new nickname for DP 4 star. XPool? Sounds kind of stupid, but fits with X-Force. XDP? ForcePool? Dead Force? Left his whales at home Pool?
    I like DPX, myself. XDP also works, but things sound cooler when the X is at the end.

Force-X?
    Men-X
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    FourPool aka 4Pool aka 4P is how I'm going to refer to the new Deadpool
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    Force-X?
    Men-X
    I'm talking about a random string of 3 letters letters. DMX. OSX. Nothing good starts with X except XYZ.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    So it seems like deadpool doesn't jump to the front with x-enforcer (like I assumed since it was similar to Life of the party). So Patch green then hulk matching means a ton of Anger and X-enforcer countdown tiles!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So SS -> CFW;

SS resolves damage first
    CFW resolves damage one CD at a time, so damage can roll over onto the next target.

I guess theoretically you could take out a whole team in this way.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Just tried WXF and DPX and that's really a fast and dangerous combination.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    So SS -> CFW;

SS resolves damage first
    CFW resolves damage one CD at a time, so damage can roll over onto the next target.

I guess theoretically you could take out a whole team in this way.

Is the combo broken? I think its strong but is it so strong that you think it will be nerfed?

And I think you can update your sig now we got x-force deadpool icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 18 ap combo that downs someone from 100 to 0. We have other of those, but this one takes two characters to use. I think it's fine.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    eidehua wrote:
    Is the combo broken? I think its strong but is it so strong that you think it will be nerfed?
    They highlighted this combo in the press release, so it's not like it's going to sneak up on them. If they nerf it after hyping it, that'd be a new all-time low.
  • Does anyone know if his enforcer generates multiple countdowns if hit by AOE? => eg partial Jean Grey (or other AOE) counter
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing with a 535 Deadpool, he's fun but doesn't really seem broken. Red is good if you can get it go off but 13 AP is a buttload. Black sucks, it creates a 1 turn CD tile like Hulk's Anger rather than an instant retaliation like 2* Storm or Jean Grey. Purple is fun but without some type of enabler only ~3 tend to go off (4500 damage for 7 AP is 643 damage per AP, decent but not excessively broken).

He technically works with Xforce but Xforce is so bad that its not really that great a team. Makes green do just about pre-nerf damage, technically combos with Surgical. The CD tiles pop after the target dies (somewhat similar to Fury's blue) so if you match 3/hit a bunch with green/surgical its possible for the spillover to go to the next target.

Purple frequently makes the inaccessible tiles in the corner CDs so they end up despawning without doing anything (even as a 5 turn tile). The benefit though is that it dries the board of that color so the opponent is less likely to get their strongest move off (though you will miss that color as well). If you cast purple but don't immediately have enough for Xforce's black it might render Surgical useless as there are no longer enough tiles to make it worthwhile.

Kingpin + Deadpool was fun, (both are boosted this PvE) 12 black + 7 purple was doing like 12k damage.

Fun to play, weaker than Kingpin but may take Xforce's old place as a reliable PvE character due to his true heal. Hate his active colors though, very hard to make a team around.

*Black appeared to go off due to AoE damage, I don't remember which one it was exactly (might have been TU RotP) but I saw it go off. Will need to test more.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    He technically works with Xforce but Xforce is so bad that its not really that great a team. Makes green do just about pre-nerf damage, technically combos with Surgical. The CD tiles pop after the target dies (somewhat similar to Fury's blue) so if you match 3/hit a bunch with green/surgical its possible for the spillover to go to the next target.

XForce is just no longer god tier. He's not even top tier (IMHB/PX/Jean), but he's solidly in the next class still. I still use him often, even as my IMHB, PX, and Carnage are up to speed.

For the combo, on an average board (9 strongest color), for 7 purple/11 black you're doing 7029 to the first enemy, then spilling another 9072 damage out. Combined with the damage to collect purple/black, its effectively a one-shot of IMHB, at a cost that's slightly lower than the old 4Thor.

On an above average board (12 strongest). 7P/11B does 18444 (1024 per AP). 14P/11B does 27516 (1100 per), again spilling over. That's a lot of power for what amounts to as little as 4 matches boosted (+4 purple, +2 black).

The downside is the same one Surgical suffers from. Opponents with an overlap of strongest color cripples it after one cast. But DP's red and XF's Green/Yellow are enough to finish the job at that point.