**** Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) ****

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I have seen anyone mention this, but it is worth mentioning that the X-Enforcer power triggers regardless of Deadpool and the other character's health levels, unlike Life of the Party.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well after playing with him, I can say that maybe he is not top tier, but he is really fun (and very good too). And he has made XForce good again. The two of them play together really great, they are almost full rainbow, and the combo is even better than expected. I thought that Deadpools pruple was going to resolve all at once, probably being overkill, but after seeing that it explodes one by one, and that after killing one char jumps to the next we can say it is one of the best combos out there.

And the good thing is almost nobody is going to survive that combo so probably for the next char, the strongest color will be different. And if you can get to 11 black soon enough you can always test your luck with XForce green.

Another great thing is that both DeadX and XForce have true healing, so they are going to be great to endure long periods of play.

ps: now we just need archangel or a 4 psylocke to have the XForce team (and some good blue ability for the team).
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Does anyone else think of 'Turn down for What' When they use his Countdown for What? It's especially true when you manage to match 3 of his countdown tiles at the same time.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Nylarx wrote:
    Does anyone else think of 'Turn down for What' When they use his Countdown for What? It's especially true when you manage to match 3 of his countdown tiles at the same time.
    I do believe that is what the skill name is referring to. And yeah, his purple and red both feel satisfying to use.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know what determines what color countdown for what uses?

I tried to use it a few matches and it forced itself onto 1 the one unoccupied purpletile.png tile.

While another match, with plenty of free purpletile.png , it spread itself to greentile.png instead.
    I also remember it going to blacktile.png .

Edit- bad guys strongest. nevermind got it.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    His black doesn't require the character taking damage to be in front, so it will generate 2 cd's if the team is hit by an AOE. His red is a big jump in damage from 3 to 5, but with the cost I am not sure how often it will fire. Thinking 355 on this one, even though the true heal is nice. I also saw the bombs damage an invisible character, so that could be interesting.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Vael6943 wrote:
    His black doesn't require the character taking damage to be in front, so it will generate 2 cd's if the team is hit by an AOE. His red is a big jump in damage from 3 to 5, but with the cost I am not sure how often it will fire. Thinking 355 on this one, even though the true heal is nice.

4388 more damage and 2606 more true heal which is probably the best effect in the game on red going from rank 3 to 5 and you want to max out a passive that isn't as reliable because it requires you to take a pretty hefty 1357 damage?

just max the red, 7678 is enough damage to eliminate/finish off most threats and the heal restores 32.7% of his max health, even if you triggered 2 of his tiles from an AOE that would only be 6812 damage for taking a minimum of 2714 total damage to your team compared to paying 13 AP for a 7678 nuke + 4561 true heal.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    Absolutely. Red is great, not downplaying that, but it is expensive. Also, you want do in the back to maximize the use of black, so the need to heal him should be minimal. If you are gathering purple and black for a 1-2 alpha strike, trying to squeeze in 13 red as well is just not likely. Plus, the usefulness of his black against carnage tiles can shift the fight. Not to mention a 6k return hit balancing the scales after a carnage red. As for the 1357 damage, that is less than Thor's red does, which is arguably one of the lowest damage 3 star abilities. How often do you make it through an entire fight without getting hit by at least one ability? The fact that it is a cd is kind of bad, but considering you are probably gathering black for xf, there's a lower chance of it auto-matching or getting matched in one turn.
  • MarcusGraves
    Vael6943 wrote:
    Absolutely. Red is great, not downplaying that, but it is expensive. Also, you want do in the back to maximize the use of black, so the need to heal him should be minimal. If you are gathering purple and black for a 1-2 alpha strike, trying to squeeze in 13 red as well is just not likely. Plus, the usefulness of his black against carnage tiles can shift the fight. Not to mention a 6k return hit balancing the scales after a carnage red.

up to you man, I would hate to be stuck with his red at rank 3 whenever you do get 13 because its stats are really underwhelming at rank 3 where as the passive at rank 3 would still be passable.
  • daibar wrote:
    Does anyone know if his enforcer generates multiple countdowns if hit by AOE? => eg partial Jean Grey (or other AOE) counter
    Yes, it does
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    5/3/5 seems like the way to go for me. Both of his active powers are very good. But I intend to play so as to minimize the number of times I get hit for 1.3k damage, the passive is nice, but doesn't seem good enough to justify maxing (unless you want a pure defensive build, because 5 black does make the deadX/thing combo a bit more intimidating).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    5/3/5 seems like the way to go for me. Both of his active powers are very good. But intend to play so as to minimize the number of times I get hit for 1.3k damage, the passive is nice, but doesn't seem good enough to justify maxing (unless you want a pure defensive build, because 5 black does make the deadX/thing combo a bit more intimidating).

I think this is pretty close to being the best analysis of Red vs Black.

X-Enforcer really is a purely defensive ability - its role is to force Deadpool to be targeted before his allies. It doesn't mitigate damage or otherwise provide sustainability during extended pushes.

Out of Bullets is a decent enough attack which also has good utility in the form of true healing. On offense, it's most likely going to be used a finisher which also tops up Deadpool a little for the next fight. I think it'll definitely be useful for extended pushes.

Of the two, I think Out of Bullets is the better defensive ability as well. It's expensive, so any cheaper abilities are likely to be fired before the AI gathers AP. This also means it poses a late game threat - if you cannot down Deadpool before he gets 13 AP, he'll hit you for 7.5k and heal himself back by 4.5k - it's not quite the same as Grocket getting a yellow match and healing back to full, but it's going to leave one character hurting and probably prolong the fight by at least and extra turn or two.

On that criteria, I'm going to take Rank 5 in red over Rank 5 in black any day; so I can only really see one optimal build, and that's 5/3/5.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhetorical question: How do you handle X-force Deadpool when you play against him?
    In the one node you face him in Deadpool vs MPQ, I always go after Deadpool first to not trigger X-enforcer. That's, like, basic strategy. The one time he managed to launch Out of Bullets... it hurt a lot and slowed me down quite a bit.
    Much like Thing, the passive is pretty much irrelevant on defense since its main purpose is to make sure you target Deadpool/Thing first. Thus, it doesn't really need to be more than 3. Red, on the other hand... It won't go off a lot on defense, but when it does it can change the flow of the game. 5/3/5 all the way.
  • I disagree strongly with the general consensus of 535. After 10 or more fights with the loaner, I find that I rarely get the 13 redtile.png . On the other hand, Ragnarok and Ares get a few of their 6 AP abilities every fight, which triggers the black, as long as someone else takes the hit. Not to mention how amazing it is against all kinds of AoE.

People have been calling it a defensive ability, but I think blackflag.png actually shines on offense, where the AI can't just attack Deadpool to avoid it.

I also think the true healing is being massively overrated. Unless you're in a hardcore end-of-sub grind in PvE, I feel the 10 health packs last me long enough.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I have yet to get 13 redtile.png in a non-trivial loaner fight but black goes off all the time. It's a great way to deal with a fight that's swinging against you.
  • If you manage to pull a red it's good enough, but if it's being hard to use it once, imagine twice? Black triggering 3 times deals 10.2k damage and you can change the target and whoever will tank the AI powers, so looks better offensively than defensively.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Do people dislike full blast or righteous uppercut? Deadx's red similar damage and a ton of true healing for the same cost. And there are several good red batteries out there.

Plus, in order to trigger the black power, you have to let someone else in your team take some hefty damage, which is something I typically try to avoid. The black seems like hill's black. Very nice when it triggers, but not good enough on its own to justify using hulk (at least without patch). And unlike hulk, deadx's red is one that you want to use.
  • One thing that appears to make his black ability better than Hulks, is Deadpools seems to trigger AFTER all the on board shinanigans happens. So, it gets put in a place that wasn't automatically cascaded away. Hulks happens first and so it gets removed sometimes.

As a counter to black though, Jeans purple removes his 1 turn count down tiles. Also, him dying does. So on defense it really isn't that scary, you just have to focus him down and then blow your AOE's icon_razz.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I disagree strongly with the general consensus of 535. After 10 or more fights with the loaner, I find that I rarely get the 13 redtile.png . On the other hand, Ragnarok and Ares get a few of their 6 AP abilities every fight, which triggers the black, as long as someone else takes the hit. Not to mention how amazing it is against all kinds of AoE.

People have been calling it a defensive ability, but I think blackflag.png actually shines on offense, where the AI can't just attack Deadpool to avoid it.

I also think the true healing is being massively overrated. Unless you're in a hardcore end-of-sub grind in PvE, I feel the 10 health packs last me long enough.

Yes in a node of massively beefed enemies black has proven strong b1 problem, if Deadpool is last man standing the skill is worthless. I see your point but only one of his skills works 100% of the time and that's red. Even purple requires matches. I could see going 5/4/4 because the odds of all tiles blowing up may be low but red can swing a match and sustain. Yes red is expensive but DP isn't meant to play with another red user. In the end my goal is to end the match before the AI can use any skills, I'm not sitting around to let them go off
  • MarcusGraves
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Do people dislike full blast or righteous uppercut? Death's red similar damage and a ton of true healing for the same cost. And there are several good red batteries out there.

Plus, in order to trigger the black power, you have to let someone else in your team take some hefty damage, which is something I typically try to avoid. The black seems like hill's black. Very nice when it triggers, but not good enough on its own to justify using hulk (at least without patch). And unlike hulk, death's red is one that you want to use.

another strong point to make is the fact that DP's passive is dependent on having allies up, should things go wrong (and they can in this game) and DP is the last one standing, what good is that 5 in black going to do for you if you can't even trigger it? The red at rank 5 compared to 3 rank obviously will pull your **** out of almost any fire by providing you with 4561 health and 7678 damage is enough to outright kill or severely damage someone to near death.