Lightning Rounds - New heroes!

Options

Comments

• Toxicadam wrote:
    Rich Get Richer...

The LR's have always been for the 'richer' user. You shouldn't bellyache, there are plenty of 'poors' that are benefitting from the MMR system according to the top ten lists of the recent PvE and PvP tournies.

Biggest difference is that LR is one huge pool of players. Finishing top 25 to get a 3* recruit token is still only for the rich. As some have even stated, their lvl 100 teams may not be enough. The MMR (whatever that stands for) won't be that beneficial. Teams with lvl 30 heroes can't finish matches fast enough to contest.
  • Big pool of people = less high level tokens to give out.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else come up against Raidergaim in the LR?
    He was doing extremely well considering he had a level 15 punisher 85 wolv and 61 thor.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Is it not possible to tank anymore?

I tried to tank this LR and I won 4 matches against seed teams using only Lvl 1 Yelena, Lvl 6 Bagman, Lvl 30 Patch

I finish my fourth seed team off and I come out to a defensive victory over a team with 100+ Spidey and others. How is that even possible?

Was it just the one anomaly?

If so it could have been something as simple as the person had to retreat for whatvever reason.

Ended up being an anomaly lost a bunch of matches after that. I don't know why anyone would yield now though with retreat tanking eliminated
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What was the high score for the last LR? Trying to decide if I should grind the current one.
  • Just had one of the poor lowbies I was clobbering successfully retaliate against me twice and I'm at a complete loss as to how he can manage to beat my team. Not only did he beat me, but he beat me faster than I beat him.
    22cstorm/40IM35/15patch(the one provided) against my 103patch/85obw/77ares
    My patch has over 8000 hp and with 5 in yellow regens over 500hp per turn, he alone should be too difficult for that roster imo, let alone the other two. I'm normally very hesitant to call anyone a cheater but I just don't see how this is possible, especially so quickly. Any ideas?
  • Nightboat wrote:
    Just had one of the poor lowbies I was clobbering successfully retaliate against me twice and I'm at a complete loss as to how he can manage to beat my team. Not only did he beat me, but he beat me faster than I beat him.
    22cstorm/40IM35/15patch(the one provided) against my 103patch/85obw/77ares
    My patch has over 8000 hp and with 5 in yellow regens over 500hp per turn, he alone should be too difficult for that roster imo, let alone the other two. I'm normally very hesitant to call anyone a cheater but I just don't see how this is possible, especially so quickly. Any ideas?

Patch activates tiles, he sacrifices IM35 and C Storm messes your **** up.

My only theory.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I started playing the Lightning Round that just started at midnight on the east coast...In the first 19 minutes I have been attacked 10 or 11 times. That is impressive.
  • What was the high score for the last LR? Trying to decide if I should grind the current one.

Final top scores seem to hover around 550
  • Twysta
    edited February 2014
    Options
    After a fight one of my matches actually disappeared.
    Literally.
    I can only select between 2 people. There's no 3rd option!

It's back now icon_razz.gif
  • I started playing the Lightning Round that just started at midnight on the east coast...In the first 19 minutes I have been attacked 10 or 11 times. That is impressive.

One of the rounds I saw no seed teams at all, so some real player has to take the role usually reserved for BaconMagic.
  • Twysta wrote:
    After a fight one of my matches actually disappeared.
    Literally.
    I can only select between 2 people. There's no 3rd option!

It happens in tournaments if you are on patchy internet connection. Once you win another battle the game should sync with the server and the node will return.

And I find that if your net connection is great, you sometimes don't get any seed teams icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Twysta
    Options
    Long live seed teams.

Heroes get remember but legends never die!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    are some guys boosted more than others in LR?

the reason I'm asking is that my patch does 29 damage on yellow attacks. My spidy does 28. In the tournament however, the boosted stats are patch 50, spidy 51?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LR has finished... too bad, it was quite fun!
  • I will miss seeing my 10K health Hulk and IM40, and my 7K health Widow. That team will only be stronger 2 weeks from now when the heroic LR's make their return (assuming next week will be villains).
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow.. got pissed that I missed the top25 in the last second (was 19 and won my final match) to settle for my 2x**Heroic cards. I pulled a ***spidey and ***mags. Although it's a pull from the nurf deck, not a bad consolation prize!
  • Cut off point for top 8 is usually at least 400+

My aim is usually in top 25. But I got tinykitty'ed at the last second in the last round. Ended up with 2 Heroic tokens. Still not too bad I guess.
  • I loved these LR. Really helped me get some of the 3* heroes that was really hard for me to come by as i only started 3 weeks ago. Managed to get 9 3* tokens that helped me het some much needed spidey and left me with only needing 1 more yellow patch. For anyone saying top 25 was impossible for people other than max. 85 patch, 55 punisher and whatever other hero was given lvl 15. I managed 2 top 8 and 4 top 25 and tanked all day today.
  • I loved these LR. Really helped me get some of the 3* heroes that was really hard for me to come by as i only started 3 weeks ago. Managed to get 9 3* tokens that helped me het some much needed spidey and left me with only needing 1 more yellow patch. For anyone saying top 25 was impossible for people other than max. 85 patch, 55 punisher and whatever other hero was given lvl 15. I managed 2 top 8 and 4 top 25 and tanked all day today.

A question for you too: how you consistently defeat the 3x100+ groups with that company? And how come you're not attaked for insane amount of points, in place of the said high teams?