Lightning Rounds - New heroes!

Options

Comments

• I'd laugh if d3 set up antitanking bots or something. B@conm@gic going around losing on purpose to ppl all over the place go stop thier tanking lol.

Hey! I legitimately lost to B@conm@gic today! IT WAS GLORIOUS!
  • On the subject of the seed teams, I think it'd be hilarious if BattleAngel shows up on your PvE bracket with a rating of 54000 for Heroic Oscorp.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

I'd laugh if d3 set up antitanking bots or something. B@conm@gic going around losing on purpose to ppl all over the place go stop thier tanking lol.

Bacon received his first progression reward. What have you done!?

Now we'll all have to face M.Storm at level 2
  • Didn't think LR can be f-d up more, but teh devs found it. Now instead of running all maxed villains people can fight buffed max spidermen in every round as if it wasn't bad enough just plain.

Just great.

And for lightning: how much time it takes to kill off the usual parties with max-black hulk and spiderman onboard?
  • Also, I love it....Patch's BEST THERE IS does 0 damage for me, no matter how many times I use it.....
    (If) he isn't matching anything, that's not a bug.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Only played about 45 minutes and got top 50 with a 78 Spidey/60 Hulk/50 Patch.....didn't think I'd even get that high.

....AND with the Heroic, I get Bullseye....
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Didn't think LR can be f-d up more, but teh devs found it. Now instead of running all maxed villains people can fight buffed max spidermen in every round as if it wasn't bad enough just plain.

Just great.

And for lightning: how much time it takes to kill off the usual parties with max-black hulk and spiderman onboard?

Less time than it used to take to kill off buffed doom / rag / magneto without a maxed magneto.
  • I'm really enjoying this LR. Wish I wasn't at work so I could actually grind away for 90 mins.

Buffed Patch is a joy to play with.

If you don't have the buffed characters leveled up, just take your free iso from the seed teams and go play Shield Training.

Sick of all the whiners. Play more or pay more... it's not rocket science.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

I'd laugh if d3 set up antitanking bots or something. B@conm@gic going around losing on purpose to ppl all over the place go stop thier tanking lol.

Bacon received his first progression reward. What have you done!?

Now we'll all have to face M.Storm at level 2

I'm so sorry.... it was the bacon....

C'MON MAN, BACON!!!

/sobs quietly
  • OMG PATCH (125 5/5/3 )IS SEXY!!!
    All I can say
  • Wish I actually ever GOT the seed teams :/ I haven't seen them in a week or two at all. Early starts late starts...they just aren't there for me...mmr hell I guess..
  • Wish I actually ever GOT the seed teams :/ I haven't seen them in a week or two at all. Early starts late starts...they just aren't there for me...mmr hell I guess..
    Same here. Join when event starts -> all level 85s and 100s
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wish I actually ever GOT the seed teams :/ I haven't seen them in a week or two at all. Early starts late starts...they just aren't there for me...mmr hell I guess..

You need to join at exactly when the event first starts, on the second. I was able to get 4 seed teams this way.
  • I love the 1 chance system. Do 1 match to get 25 points. Log in 2 hours later to find you earned the 100 point reward from defensive victories.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    Oof - rewards got nerfed hard. Now if you want a 3* cover, you have to place top 25, AND hope it's for the hero you need?
    What were the old reward thresholds? I could never even get close.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UncleSam wrote:
    I'm surprised DD is not in there. Maybe he'll be the next powered up 2.5 day pvp event.
    I'd bet this new LR format was finalized before he was ready. Maybe they'll add him in a few weeks.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Oof - rewards got nerfed hard. Now if you want a 3* cover, you have to place top 25, AND hope it's for the hero you need?
    What were the old reward thresholds? I could never even get close.

25-50 got 1 diabolical ltoken
    8-25 got 1 pre-determined villain's covers (whichever one was required for that round)
    3-8 got 2 covers
    1-2 got 3 covers.
  • Anyone feel like coining the new MR HidDLeston? Gray Suit Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Punisher, Spider-Man, Wolverine, assuming they keep rotating in the same order as listed on the splash screen. Unhelpful W could be Widow or Wolverine and P Punisher or Patch.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    No need for a mnemonic -- they're in alphabetical order.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Anyone feel like coining the new MR HidDLeston? Gray Suit Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Punisher, Spider-Man, Wolverine, assuming they keep rotating in the same order as listed on the splash screen. Unhelpful W could be Widow or Wolverine and P Punisher or Patch.

WHIPSaW Claws(that way you know that the last W is Wolverine)