Lightning Rounds - New heroes!

Options

Comments

• entropic01 wrote:
    I got up to #2 and got hit multiple times in like 5 min by one guy knocking me to like top 25. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm running 105 Hulk / 105 Punisher / 100 Spidey. I'm pretty sure no one should be able to chew through that roster that fast.
    Quoting you but this is directed more towards top players in general--Do people actually need covers or just competing for fun?

All I need is red Hulk. Not worth it especially at launch when activity is potentially at a high.

Played it mostly for fun because Heroic mode is anything but at this point. Wasn't half bad for iso either since I wasn't boosting.

But you are right though, the payout is terrible for people who are pretty well developed. My Punisher, Spidey, and Gray Suit have all been done for quite some time. I am short 1 Green Patch, 2 Black Hulk, and a Blue IM40. However, I have no intention on leveling my IM40/Patch right now so I'm in no hurry for those. Black Hulk is pretty elusive for me, won two from the events for high finishes and used 1250 to buy the 3rd. Almost ready to lay down another 2500HP to just finish him off
  • I'm pretty sure the reward structure is designed to discourage powerhouse players from dominating since there wouldn't be much payoff in terms of covers. Of course, it doesn't sound like that's actually stopped anyone from beating people up with their level 141s, but if people have fun doing that then why not?
  • Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the reward structure is designed to discourage powerhouse players from dominating since there wouldn't be much payoff in terms of covers. Of course, it doesn't sound like that's actually stopped anyone from beating people up with their level 141s, but if people have fun doing that then why not?

I'm sure it'll slow down once the novelty has worn off and there's something worth playing other than a No Holds Barred and that PVE event which is an exercise in torture.
  • jozier wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the reward structure is designed to discourage powerhouse players from dominating since there wouldn't be much payoff in terms of covers. Of course, it doesn't sound like that's actually stopped anyone from beating people up with their level 141s, but if people have fun doing that then why not?

I'm sure it'll slow down once the novelty has worn off and there's something worth playing other than a No Holds Barred and that PVE event which is an exercise in torture.

Well anyone who has no maxed 3* heroes will likely be playing those LRs, and I assume that's still a lot of people. I doubt you'll see too much participation from the 3X141 hero guys, unless they want to just beat up people for fun.
  • I have insanely high MMR and half my fights are against 141s. I look at a Hulk/Spider 141, doesn't matter who the 3rd is I am getting the hell out of there lol.
  • I managed #34 in the Punisher round with a ~60th level Punisher (I pulled a 3rd Green cover from my daily reward heroic literally two minutes before the round started and have been levlling him from 53rd to 66th), a 70thlevelPatch, and a 64th Hulk. It's literally like 400 places higher than I've ever placed on a lightning round, but it would have been nice to get a Champion token, or at least get something useful from one of the two heroics I got.

With all my health tokens used up, and not having a good enough Spidey to feel competitive (he's 3/2/1 and 53rd level), I just fought the seed teams, but still got about 150 points from them in the opening ten minutes or so of that round. I'll probably do the same in the next before bed, but I doubt I'll fight another full round until tomorrow evening after work.

I'm liking these so far.
  • Just tried my first lightning round in like forever. Started easy in the beginning, but after 3 matches or so I'm matched with people who have 141 rosters. Got to like 300 and then got pounded to oblivion with my 135 punisher, 109 bwgs, 102 spidey. All the people attacking me have really good rosters too. But I don't really see anyone with more than 250 pts.

And looking at the leader board, it was this one guy who was there the whole time and his points keep increasing. Doesn't he get attacked at all? With less than a minute left, he got 551 pts. His roster was prob 90 punisher, 81 hulk, 70 spider-man. His roster is not that strong, yet he stays at the top. Didn't even he anyone in the top 10 shield either. I would have expected a lot of fluctuations at the top... ahh wells.

Lightning rounds are lame.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So for the last two lightning rounds I've just been having fun with 1* characters against the seed teams (I really do enjoy Modern Storm a lot) and playing just until I hit 50 to get the standard token. Redeemed them and got a Hood blue and Punisher red. Both covers I actually needed, too. It's nice when the RNG works in your favor.
  • Is it not possible to tank anymore?

I tried to tank this LR and I won 4 matches against seed teams using only Lvl 1 Yelena, Lvl 6 Bagman, Lvl 30 Patch

I finish my fourth seed team off and I come out to a defensive victory over a team with 100+ Spidey and others. How is that even possible?
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Is it not possible to tank anymore?

I tried to tank this LR and I won 4 matches against seed teams using only Lvl 1 Yelena, Lvl 6 Bagman, Lvl 30 Patch

I finish my fourth seed team off and I come out to a defensive victory over a team with 100+ Spidey and others. How is that even possible?

Was it just the one anomaly?

If so it could have been something as simple as the person had to retreat for whatvever reason.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:

I'm still tanking pretty successfully, so it might be an anomaly.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Black Hulk is pretty elusive for me, won two from the events for high finishes and used 1250 to buy the 3rd. Almost ready to lay down another 2500HP to just finish him off
    Hopefully someone more obsessive can correct this if I'm mistaken, but I think the only ways anyone has better than 4/5 in that is lucky pulls or buying at least one with HP. Two top 1500s in the back to back Hulk events, and I think it was a tournament progression award twice. He was confirmed in the token pool a while ago now, though, which I assume includes the black. I've pulled yet another green off a heroic. Bit odd compared the weeks-long Punisher deluge and all the Patches that went in the bin during TaT, but maybe they want to keep that one a bit exclusive for now, for whatever reason.
    No need for a mnemonic -- they're in alphabetical order.
    Egads, you're right. I even wrote it out with the G (and B) first, but any Widow is just "Widow" in my head (not like you can use two at once), so I didn't see it. Still kinda like walkyourpath's WHIPSaW. Sounds painful.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    Black Hulk is pretty elusive for me, won two from the events for high finishes and used 1250 to buy the 3rd. Almost ready to lay down another 2500HP to just finish him off
    Hopefully someone more obsessive can correct this if I'm mistaken, but I think the only ways anyone has better than 4/5 in that is lucky pulls or buying at least one with HP. Two top 1500s in the back to back Hulk events, and I think it was a tournament progression award twice. He was confirmed in the token pool a while ago now, though, which I assume includes the black. I've pulled yet another green off a heroic. Bit odd compared the weeks-long Punisher deluge and all the Patches that went in the bin during TaT, but maybe they want to keep that one a bit exclusive for now, for whatever reason.

Yeah, there have been only 4 black Hulk covers available to win. Two from The Hulk and two from Hulk Smash (progression). He's also been available in a number of different tokens now, too. Personally, I spent the HP on the last cover during the Avengers Elite tourney.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

Yeah, there have been only 4 black Hulk covers available to win. Two from The Hulk and two from Hulk Smash (progression). He's also been available in a number of different tokens now, too. Personally, I spent the HP on the last cover during the Avengers Elite tourney.

I got a red hulk, my first, a few hours ago from a standard pack that I won in a LR.
  • So I'm playing this for ****s and giggles. Seems like either I end the match without taking any damage at all or I just get destroyed LoL
  • Not fighting for placement - I just need one green GSBW, and that's coming in daily rewards in 4-5 days, so I'm treating these like the villain lightning rounds and farming some easy ISO up to 100 then putting it in park. Enjoying playing with the buffed heroes for a change. Helped me see what a full-strength Patch will look like, and I like it, using my LR ISO to level him next (85 right now).
  • Nemek, have you been tanking hard? This Hulk round I can see you, Joe IM35 and seems like more or less anything in between. I think they've been putting gerbils in the Babbage Engine for Makeing Matches again.
  • entropic01 wrote:

I'm still tanking pretty successfully, so it might be an anomaly.

Also tanked a couple of them, beating seed teams with my tank team. Been hit multiple times on both occasions.
  • Not fighting for placement - I just need one green GSBW, and that's coming in daily rewards in 4-5 days, so I'm treating these like the villain lightning rounds and farming some easy ISO up to 100 then putting it in park. Enjoying playing with the buffed heroes for a change. Helped me see what a full-strength Patch will look like, and I like it, using my LR ISO to level him next (85 right now).

i'm with you -- enjoying the easy source of ISO. Trying to max my gsbw/hulk/spidey team right now....hulk at 135 the others at 130. It's a shame I could care less about the tokens but it's pretty fun with the buffed heroes.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Nemek, have you been tanking hard? This Hulk round I can see you, Joe IM35 and seems like more or less anything in between. I think they've been putting gerbils in the Babbage Engine for Makeing Matches again.

Hah, I saw you pop up on my list as well. I tanked earlier in the week, but by now I think I'm close to where my MMR should be. I see a lot of 100ish opponents after I go through all of my seed teams in these LRs.