Lightning Rounds - New heroes!

Options

Comments

• grimeon wrote:
    Alright, I've got a lvl 106 IM40 and a lvl 103 Punisher! My time to shine!

Oh... all my opponents have 110+ GSBW, Punisher/IM40.

And when I try and tank they lose against me on purpose, lol.

I'd laugh if d3 set up antitanking bots or something. B@conm@gic going around losing on purpose to ppl all over the place go stop thier tanking lol.

I thought B@conm@gic was a bot for the longest time, every time I would enter a tourney after tanking he would be there with the same guest/lv1 storm/lv1 IM or whatever it was.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    grimeon wrote:

I'd laugh if d3 set up antitanking bots or something. B@conm@gic going around losing on purpose to ppl all over the place go stop thier tanking lol.

I thought B@conm@gic was a bot for the longest time, every time I would enter a tourney after tanking he would be there with the same guest/lv1 storm/lv1 IM or whatever it was.

I thought so too until that glorious day he posted on the forums...
  • jozier wrote:
    These events will be cool I guess, but they've handed out most of these heroes as placement rewards over and over again. Hopefully that means villains will be placement rewards more often as well.

I already have a 5/3/5 BW, 4/4/4 Hulk (so hopefully I get my black), 5/5/3 IM40, 3/5/5 Punisher, 3/5/5 Spider-Man, 5/3/5 and 3/5/5 Patch lol.

I think a lot of people are in similar boats with respect to having these heroes completed.

I'm not, so maybe some of you guys want to sit this one out?

I hear Heroic Oscorp is fun...

If you're in my bracket for Heroic Oscorp, please go to LR instead. Thanks.
  • Was thinking of doing this just for the Heroic Tokens to try to pull some 3* or 4*, but then I realized that all I would probably get is a 2* Cap or 2* Storm like the rest of my Heroic tokens....so **** it.
  • Phantron wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    These events will be cool I guess, but they've handed out most of these heroes as placement rewards over and over again. Hopefully that means villains will be placement rewards more often as well.

I already have a 5/3/5 BW, 4/4/4 Hulk (so hopefully I get my black), 5/5/3 IM40, 3/5/5 Punisher, 3/5/5 Spider-Man, 5/3/5 and 3/5/5 Patch lol.

I think a lot of people are in similar boats with respect to having these heroes completed.

If you're in my bracket for Heroic Oscorp, please go to LR instead. Thanks.

Haha, done!

Don't worry, with no Spidey and 230 villains, I wasn't competing with you in Oscorp.
  • I only need 4 of the possible 18 reward covers... not really worth for me to try hard here.
    I like the change and mix up with villains in long tournaments and heros in LRs.
    I don't like that the rewards are MORE RANDOM and MORE DIFFICULT to obtain, then again I don't need them, just feeling bad for those who do.

Also, the reward table looks made in a hurry, with a 200 iso reward pushed in there without logic, and the tier placement above and the one beyond being 140.
    Not really surprised, a bit disgusted for the lack in precision (then again better here than in something important as level scaling...... OH WAIT)
  • At 194 with a tank team in (Hulk/mWidow/Yelena).

I won't retaliate so have fun.
  • My strategy for Lighting Rounds was - and still is - get in ~2-4 matches to get either 50 or 100 Event Points, then quit. 70+140+250 Iso and a standard token (i.e. another 100 Iso) for 15-20 minutes of playtime is really good Iso return for me.

My lvl 59 3/3/0 Patch boosted crushes even level opponents, but my lack of any other threatening characters makes the crackback quick and brutal.
  • Also, I love it....Patch's BEST THERE IS does 0 damage for me, no matter how many times I use it.....
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, I love it....Patch's BEST THERE IS does 0 damage for me, no matter how many times I use it.....

It deals damage when most tiles have his "logo". ( He must be the biggest level hero in your team utilizing green, red, or yellow powers)
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    That's almost certainly because you have other heroes who are also boosted, such that Patch doesn't tank anything. Hulk's red and green scale exactly with Patch, and so does Model 40's red/yellow, so if you have a Model 40 and a Hulk who are higher level than Patch, Best There Is does 0 damage. But hey, strike tiles!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, I love it....Patch's BEST THERE IS does 0 damage for me, no matter how many times I use it.....

He had that issue for me in the buffed Thor tournament. Lazy bugger refused to tank anything and left it all to Thor.
  • turul wrote:

It deals damage when most tiles have his "logo". ( He must be the biggest level hero in your team utilizing green, red, or yellow powers)

AHHHHH...blarg Forgot about that LoL
  • grimeon wrote:
    grimeon wrote:

I can't tell.ig u are joking. Baconmagic is a bot. Sarcasm detector broken.maybe?
  • So I just noticed in the rewards for the lightning Rounds if you place 501-1000 you get 140 ISO... but if you place 1001-2000 you get 200 iso.

Surely this is a mistake?
  • jozier wrote:

To be fait..its basically the same thing lol. Spidey + whomever. Search for blue. Amass a small.amount. stun lock the opponent as need be. Slowly tko all but the last guy. Heal.with spidey. End match. Die of.boredom lol
  • grimeon wrote:
    grimeon wrote:

I thought B@conm@gic
    I can't tell.ig u are joking. Baconmagic is a bot. Sarcasm detector broken.maybe?

This should clear things up
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2899
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I can't tell who is joking and who isn't! (About BaconMagic)
  • Nemek wrote:
    I can't tell who is joking and who isn't! (About BaconMagic)

Good...its not just me then lol. Pandaberry i assume was showing that in a "he is fake but.someone made a joke account cuz they were bored and made a thread" sort of way...but again...still not sure who is joking lol. Better take my sarcasm detector to.the shop again. NOT...very nice...wowwie weewa......

aw crud...its falling into borat territory. Better go now.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've gotta say it's really fun playing with Hulk/IM40/Patch. So tanky yet so powerful. I'm keeping Patch at a higher level than Hulk so I can have Patch get more tiles for his red.