Lightning Rounds - New heroes!

Options

Comments

• Who on earth would pay 6000 HP for that 10 pack?

SIX THOUSAND! That's absolute insanity.
  • I'm having way too much fun with buffed Hulk + Punisher. Never been more happy to see the hordes of OBW, thor, and wolvie (2* at least). Image related =D

The first actual enjoyable addition in a while, it gives me hope during the dark times. The reward nerf is kinda sad, I miss the 26-50 token range, but it gives me hope there might FINALLY be some villain content soon

MEXC0Sf.jpg
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    HcrxGda.jpg
  • Waggon wrote:
    I'm having way too much fun with buffed Hulk + Punisher. Never been more happy to see the hordes of OBW, thor, and wolvie (2* at least). Image related =D
    MEXC0Sf.jpg

What are you talking about? All I see is lv100+ Patch/Hulk/Punisher/IM40/Spidey...
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Waggon wrote:
    I'm having way too much fun with buffed Hulk + Punisher. Never been more happy to see the hordes of OBW, thor, and wolvie (2* at least). Image related =D
    MEXC0Sf.jpg

What are you talking about? All I see is lv100+ Patch/Hulk/Punisher/IM40/Spidey...
    This. But I do love me some Molotov.
  • Waggon wrote:

The first actual enjoyable addition in a while, it gives me hope during the dark times. The reward nerf is kinda sad, I miss the 26-50 token range, but it gives me hope there might FINALLY be some villain content soon

MEXC0Sf.jpg

Don't worry...you will see just Spiderman+ hulk/punish/widow combos and those combinations alone soooon enough if u are actually winning.
  • Competition is fierce. Much harder and slower than Villain rounds.
  • abuelo wrote:
    Who on earth would pay 6000 HP for that 10 pack?

OOC, what makes you think that? 6 3-star heroes for 6k is 1250 HP less than buying one cover each. If a player needs at least one cover per color for each of those characters (e.g., is 2/2/2 across the board for all of 'em), wouldn't it be a good deal?
  • Hm my heroes are not levelled high enough for this. Too many 141s floating around.
  • Waggon wrote:
    I'm having way too much fun with buffed Hulk + Punisher. Never been more happy to see the hordes of OBW, thor, and wolvie (2* at least).

Yep, only all-buffed teams over 100, nothing else. Oh wait, there was an evolved Hood for the mix.

Though the image is cool, and everyone deserves a molotov really, especially the devs.
  • jozier wrote:
    Hm my heroes are not levelled high enough for this. Too many 141s floating around.
    yea. Luckily I just need 2 black hulks and I never use him (and not 100% sure I want 5 or 4 in black...probably do 5 tho) so I am likely to just go.ISO grinding. Atm my goal.is to join as early as possible (whoever told me to join early as possible was right) and.see how many bots in can get before it becomes real.ppl. I got up to 270 on bits this round before they disappeared. Nice little ISO haul. Before I would have just went the whole round for ISO but the effort and irritation of using spidey isn't worth it. I have enough of that blue blue blue making sure I break 10k in the awful pve event right now.

They need to add another 4**** so we.can.have a 4**** tournement/lr lol. Iw boosted 300%! Now she makes your characters SUPER INVISIBLE.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just lost 12 points for winning a match...
    Thought it might've been because someone attacked me while I was in my last fight, but nothing came up.

I hope that's not a thing...
  • Twysta wrote:
    I just lost 12 points for winning a match...
    Thought it might've been because someone attacked me while I was in my last fight, but nothing came up.

I hope that's not a thing...

Yea, it happens once in awhile, your point lossage is applied before the notification shows up that you were attacked and lost.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got top 8 pretty easily,but already had the covers for the 2 tokens that I got. I guess given that I only need GSBW green/purple and spidey purple, the odds for me getting something I need are extremely low. I should probably just stick to tanking and iso farming the seeders.
  • Forge wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    Who on earth would pay 6000 HP for that 10 pack?

OOC, what makes you think that? 6 3-star heroes for 6k is 1250 HP less than buying one cover each. If a player needs at least one cover per color for each of those characters (e.g., is 2/2/2 across the board for all of 'em), wouldn't it be a good deal?
    Only if they buy the ISO to level them afterwards!

I suppose it's a 'good' deal relative to the sheer insanity of their other prices.
  • jozier wrote:
    Hm my heroes are not levelled high enough for this. Too many 141s floating around.
    Me too, my best team is 105 Frank 82 spidey and 78 hulk, having a real hard time getting even close to 250. Love to get some tokens out of these...
  • Finished JUST out of top 8 with the following team:

55 Punisher (leveled him a couple times during that round)
    72 Patch
    85 OBW

I tanked the first three rounds hard with xx buffed hero / 35 M Storm / 25 M Widow. It works, but has drawbacks. I was in the top 25 before I saw a single team that had more than 0 points. Beyond that, I never saw a single team with a hero over lvl 85. I topped out between 425 and 450 points. I didn't finish my last match in time, which would have put me top 8, I think.

I got a yellow Spidey with my token. My Spidey is currently 3/2/3. I guess I'll wait to see if the nerf comes through in the next seven days.

EDIT: Forgot to mention--I did not get attacked ONCE. I started playing the moment the round began.
  • Does matchmaking seem goofy for other people? I run with a 2* team. So my first match is another team around the same level/difficulty as me, some OBW, some Wolvie, maybe a low level Spidey. The next two fights are the filler teams, lvls 2-15, super easy. Then all the teams suddenly become exclusively 3* teams 20 levels higher than I am and double the HP - IM40, Hulk, Punisher, 115lvl Spidey. This or something similar has happened in every single LR I've tried today. It's like it's matching me with the wrong teams. Never experienced this before.
  • I got up to #2 and got hit multiple times in like 5 min by one guy knocking me to like top 25. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm running 105 Hulk / 105 Punisher / 100 Spidey. I'm pretty sure no one should be able to chew through that roster that fast.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I got up to #2 and got hit multiple times in like 5 min by one guy knocking me to like top 25. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm running 105 Hulk / 105 Punisher / 100 Spidey. I'm pretty sure no one should be able to chew through that roster that fast.
    Quoting you but this is directed more towards top players in general--Do people actually need covers or just competing for fun?

All I need is red Hulk. Not worth it especially at launch when activity is potentially at a high.