**** Jean Grey (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    **snip** she stuns the other team, pre-empting their reaction to the additional match-5s?
    playing with her all day today, that's how i believe it will happen... fortunately i have not had a board go south on me giving the ai multiple cascades with multiple crits yet today...
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    Opposing prof X activated first, then my Jean grey activated. So Jean grey could potentially die first before countering prof X.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    No her passive does not counter prof X. The AI prof X triggered his floating head of doom before my Jean grey.
  • Interaction question:

My brother speculated the following scenario: My Jean Grey vs. an opposing Professor X. Enemy team makes a 5. Does her stun keep his ability from triggering? (Would it stop other "reaction" abilities like Daken and Mystique (when shapeshifted)?)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

People need to stop saying switch. Either SW or scarlet witch, switch is just stupid. Anyhow, I can get a maxed out one soon, but that isn't really relevant to your question. They obviously gave her the same colors and even had the same active colors as SW to make it stupid to bring her along. SW would literally be useless except for her blue. You could do it in PvE, but then you are giving up at least one active color. Khan would turn purple into green, and you would rather cast purple, so that makes no sense, and KK also has green of her own, and Rags sucks so I don't know why you would use him.

Switch is shorter than scarlet witch and easier to get past my autocorrect than sw. I would suggest getting used to it as it's a bit late to change the nickname now.

Agree that switch and grey have total color overlap, making them harder to play together, but switch is the only good purple battery in the game (there is mystique, but she is meh at best).

Khan is the best green battery in the game, but her own green is very good, so you might want to use it unless someone else is boosted. Same is all true of lazy thor, though at least his yellow doesn't conflict with grey.

Rags is the next best green battery, and his green sucks so you can easily ignore it. Definitely agree that rags is bad, but he can be useful as a blue or green battery.

Finally, you are kind of making my argument. Grey seems good but a little slow, and many of the characters that could accelerate her are less than ideal color pairings. Still would like to hear from someone with a maxed grey comment on this.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

People need to stop saying switch. Either SW or scarlet witch, switch is just stupid. Anyhow, I can get a maxed out one soon, but that isn't really relevant to your question. They obviously gave her the same colors and even had the same active colors as SW to make it stupid to bring her along. SW would literally be useless except for her blue. You could do it in PvE, but then you are giving up at least one active color. Khan would turn purple into green, and you would rather cast purple, so that makes no sense, and KK also has green of her own, and Rags sucks so I don't know why you would use him.

Switch is shorter than scarlet witch and easier to get past my autocorrect than sw. I would suggest getting used to it as it's a bit late to change the nickname now.

Agree that switch and grey have total color overlap, making them harder to play together, but switch is the only good purple battery in the game (there is mystique, but she is meh at best).

Khan is the best green battery in the game, but her own green is very good, so you might want to use it unless someone else is boosted. Same is all true of lazy thor, though at least his yellow doesn't conflict with grey.

Rags is the next best green battery, and his green sucks so you can easily ignore it. Definitely agree that rags is bad, but he can be useful as a blue or green battery.

Finally, you are kind of making my argument. Grey seems good but a little slow, and many of the characters that could accelerate her are less than ideal color pairings. Still would like to hear from someone with a maxed grey comment on this.

If IM40 could be used with Hulkbuster he'd be a god damn top tiered support. IM40 (yellow) + green/purple user (KK, IF, JG) + (red blue black) Hulkbuster is full rainbow. Psylocke is the only other character who fits the role currently.

Petition that they change IM40 into War Machine.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

If IM40 could be used with Hulkbuster he'd be a tiny kitty top tiered support. IM40 (yellow) + green/purple user (KK, IF, JG) + (red blue black) Hulkbuster is full rainbow. Psylocke is the only other character who fits the role currently.

Petition that they change IM40 into War Machine.
    ew...how about petition: they MAKE war machine a non-**** 3* since they're releasing new versions instead of fixing
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone done this yet? is it even possible?

i've seen it...
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Characters are able to be maxed once their PvE debut packs are released (when shard 1 of that PvE starts). Sure it takes a pretty penny to buy 42 packs until you get one of each cover, but there are those who have the resources to do so. Once all 3 covers are opened, one can max Jean buying covers directly. Others will win top 10 in PvE and then buy covers. ISO can be bought or banked. It's not feasible for non-whales, but not impossible.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the guy in 1st my sticks and stones slice has all 4* and 3* characters maxed.

i guess that's cool and kinda the goal of playing, but damn. probably gotta be putting some serious resources into it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    anyone done this yet? is it even possible?

i've seen it...

LLohm of Crewsaders had a maxed Jean Grey while the Hulk pve event was running. I would luv to hear how many 42 packs he bought to get all three JG colors; the draw rate was like 0.3% for each. icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    Characters are able to be maxed once their PvE debut packs are released (when shard 1 of that PvE starts). Sure it takes a pretty penny to buy 42 packs until you get one of each cover, but there are those who have the resources to do so. Once all 3 covers are opened, one can max Jean buying covers directly. Others will win top 10 in PvE and then buy covers. ISO can be bought or banked. It's not feasible for non-whales, but not impossible.

I personally have all three colors from spending two dozen hours grinding hulk pve for a top 10 placement. but no, I wouldn't blow another 200 bucks to buy covers directly. I have higher priorities for my $$$, like groceries. icon_lol.gif

The draw rate for Jean Grey was only 0.3%, so if you manage to get even one cover out of a 42 pack consider yourself lucky. icon_lol.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think I fought a maxed Jean Grey in the Fresh Cut PvP. Ratvader (don't know the Alliance) had her buffed to lvl 310.

In any case, the match didn't last long, a crit formed from the top during a cascade. Another improbably formed from when I used icon_kamalakhan.png 's Lvl 3 purpleflag.png.

That was basically game over for me.

I really wish the Devs would finally turn off ridiculous cascades in the player's favor and just make it random... icon_razz.gif
  • Take a look at any of the top 10 alliances in PVP for the season and you will find several members of each crew with the newest characters maxed.

I plan on whaling my Jean Grey out after:

1) Iso-8 brotherhood PVE ends

and

2) We have her PVE

My hope is that i will pull a cover from an ISO 8 token. We will also be able to earn one of her covers during her PVE. After those events, i will max mine.

marc
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    the guy in 1st my sticks and stones slice has all 4* and 3* characters maxed.

i guess that's cool and kinda the goal of playing, but damn. probably gotta be putting some serious resources into it.

People like that astound me. I mean...who's bank account did he hack into to afford the literal hundreds, if not thousands, of moolahs required to do that?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She is good, 5/3/5 if a cascade meaning match 5 starts it is very satisfying.
    My turn lol, but ya slow so a team character imo. Pve purple she is finally better than obw.

Still lots to try but she is fun.

Her slowness makes matches seem like a loss then u match both purple and green and so long other team.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People like that astound me. I mean...who's bank account did he hack into to afford the literal hundreds, if not thousands, of moolahs required to do that?

Some folks have the means to do that, and I certainly don't begrudge them that. I wish I could, but my hobby budget goes towards console games and other entertainment supplies.

What's I don't want to see happen is for MPQ become a pure pay to win model, where if you're not spending money like like a boss you're not able to truly play and enjoy the game. If they add more ways to acquire these new 4*s, we can avoid that. The model now however, is moving dangerously close to a pay to win model, where if you don't have a maxed Jean Grey/Deadpool team, good luck getting anywhere in PvP. And unless you are willing and able to spend the $$ to do this, you're not gonna have a usable JG/DP team anytime soon.

As I see it, there's two ways this can go, and we're just gonna have to wait to see which way it shapes up: either they release enough new 4*s until we have enough to satisfy whatever conditions the bean counters deem necessary to have a DDQ-type way to acquire them OR they release new must have characters (Jean and Deadpool seem pretty close to "must have") and nerf the current best characters (HB and ProfX IMO), thus creating a loop of pay to max/level, nerf, repeat. I really hope we go with option A, cuz I can suffer thru a few months of suffocating releases as long as there's a light at the end of the tunnel. If they go option B on the other hand, and start nerfing guys to force the "new best" on people, I and I'm sure a lot of other players are out.
  • Jean Grey? Who cares! Can't wait to whale on Xforce Deadpool.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee~
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree tanis, being a mostly F2P person myself. I'm hoping events like Growth Industries will become a regular occurrence for more 4*, because it's frustrating being a player stuck in 3* to 4* limbo. I'm not in a top alliance, no longer able to compete in PVP like I used to (not to mention not being able to reach 1k), and I've somehow taken a step back in PVE. I just feel plain stuck, which has me contemplating giving up. I'm hanging on to hope with the season 10-packs, but that seems to be my only hope. This is a once a month occurrence. DDQ has helped, but in order to level for those covers, you've got to compete in PVE, which is getting OLD in it's current format. Jean Grey also seems to be a MUST, but after getting shut out of The Hulk, I'm just going to have to cross my fingers and hope she comes my way by some other means. That's just to get her on my roster with a cover no less. What about the other 12 to max her? I've had IW and XF FOREVER, and their still not maxed! I hope something gives soon because I love this game, but if spending money becomes a necessity to get anywhere, it may be time to move on...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So after facing off a lot of 245 Jean Greys that were 5/3/4, I can say this.

Purple is very overpowered, blue never went off, green hurts like a mofo but at least you can block it. Purple either needs damaged shaved or an increase in cost because that's way too quick for that kind of AoE dmg.