Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    So after facing off a lot of 245 Jean Greys that were 5/3/4, I can say this.

Purple is very overpowered, blue never went off, green hurts like a mofo but at least you can block it. Purple either needs damaged shaved or an increase in cost because that's way too quick for that kind of AoE dmg.

It does seem off that her purple is cheaper than khan's green, does more damage, AND has an awesome utility effect to boot in destroying enemy specials.

I still think it should be possible to avoid thebpyrple most of the time. 10ap is still a 4-match move, so it's deniable if you just focus on collecting purple. But that means you have to collect purple, so you should bring someone who can do something with it.

I still have not faced her maxed but I have to say that she should be more powerful than KK, this is why she is a 4! And yeah, purple is really good, but it is her very good ability. Green is not bad, but it is not great, and blue is good but very situational, so I think purple should be really good...

And AoE are not as devastating as they used to be after the big gain in hitpoints. 4000 to all hurts bad, but you can recover from it (it hurts more your health packs than your chances of winning).

Well sure, xforce should be more powerful than patch too, but it was a bit of a game balance problem with "surgical strike" did more damage than "best there is," also reduced the enemy's ap, caused cascades AND collected ap.

Even if it did exactly the same things it does now, but cost 12 ap (or arguably even 13), grey's purple would be significantly better than Khan's green. Having it be cheaper and much much better does risk an unbalanced power.

Also, compare grey's purple to 4* thor's yellow. What's the explanation for that? are charged tiles really that good?

I think it's too early to say if jean grey is overpowered overall (she may just be a powerful character with one outstanding ability who is a bit slow, kinda like fury), but it does seem fair to say that the purple is extremely good.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    After Luke's PvP and seeing multiple maxed Jeans or close to max 5/3/4 was common, I can honestly say this.

Blue--just like Loki you can play around it, never had it go off

Green--Strong, hurts, but only had it go off once after a big AI cascade

Purple--Had I not been running Thora, I would have gotten hit by this much more, as is, in the 14 matches against her, she got her purple off 4 times. And Thora kept it going off another 3, this skill is way too quick for the amount of dmg it does, and while Jean's health was boosted due to the bump thus increasing her chance of having it go, her dmg wasn't from what I saw. I don't want to see an AP increase, but this skill needs about 800 AoE shaved off it.

Edit: I do understand Jean was boosted, and more than likely her high health increased the rate of purple, which is where the other possible nerf should go if not to skill is that her 13K health is way too high for that damage output.

Dude, you gonna PhaserBolt a 12 year old in the face? That's cold, man. icon_cry.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Simulator I just came up against an interesting team, Jean, Witch and 2* Hawkeye. I guess the theory is that if I match 5 I'm stunned for 2 turns after which Hawkeye's speed shot does a lot of damage.

If only the opponent's Jean had any blue covers...
  • About those interaction between PX and Jean, I'm pretty sure it will work as it alredy does against Loki:

Our team made one crit? Our PX first, enemy Jean after.

Our team made two or three crits? Our PX will trigger them all first, then Jean will chain trigger hers, destroying ap and damaging everytime but still 2 turns stun as stun overlaps itself and doesn't adds up.

If she's still alive of course.
  • notamutant wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have only used her in the season loaner-node. And she seems a little slow on her own, with 2 4-match powers and no acceleration. Kind of like fury in that the powers are good, but take a while to get going.

Can anybody who has her maxed comment on this? Does she really need someone like switch or khan or rags to fuel her powers?

People need to stop saying switch. Either SW or scarlet witch, switch is just stupid.

She needs to be called switch beacuse SW just doesn't fit well into clever team names when discussing squad composition with your crew.

For example: "SwitchBlade of Fury" "CagedSwitchFist" "SwitchedSexGoddess"

See?

Fun, no? icon_razz.gif

easy...marc
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    In Simulator I just came up against an interesting team, Jean, Witch and 2* Hawkeye. I guess the theory is that if I match 5 I'm stunned for 2 turns after which Hawkeye's speed shot does a lot of damage.

If only the opponent's Jean had any blue covers...

Hawkeye fires if the offense matches 5 ... which make Prof X, GSBW, and Hawkeye fun.

Their theory must have been that Witch blue would sent off a match five...sort of giving Witch an offensive punch. And after Witch collects pink, Grey chimes in with her pink. And, should you match five, Grey will let you know....if she has any blue covers.

I formally acknowledge my idiocy, and throw myself at the mercy of the court.
  • djsquillz wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have only used her in the season loaner-node. And she seems a little slow on her own, with 2 4-match powers and no acceleration. Kind of like fury in that the powers are good, but take a while to get going.

Can anybody who has her maxed comment on this? Does she really need someone like switch or khan or rags to fuel her powers?

People need to stop saying switch. Either SW or scarlet witch, switch is just stupid.

She needs to be called switch beacuse SW just doesn't fit well into clever team names when discussing squad composition with your crew.

For example: "SwitchBlade of Fury" "CagedSwitchFist" "SwitchedSexGoddess"

See?

Fun, no? icon_razz.gif

easy...marc
    I like how someone saying her nickname is dumb causes even more ridiculous nicknames to pop up. This is a trend to get behind icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif.

I'm only sad, I, the man who deemed Ultron 'Tetris Ultron' don't have anything to add...Continue!
  • Mine is maxed out cover wise, but only level 140 right now.

Probably my favorite character in the game. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She is faster with SW but I don't think she is necessary. You could boost 1 purple to make it a 3 match instead of 4 for example to help.

I have her w If in the fresh cut pvp and it has been working. I'm mostly using her in pve in the essentials as I use px sw and gsbw otherwise.

She has greatly improved my essentials match as she brings a lot alone, or just with 1 good partner helping potential weaker teams if you don't have the essential covered well.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options

In any case, the match didn't last long, a crit formed from the top during a cascade. Another improbably formed from when I used icon_kamalakhan.png 's Lvl 3 purpleflag.png.

That was basically game over for me.

I really wish the Devs would finally turn off ridiculous cascades in the player's favor and just make it random... icon_razz.gif

When I fought Shamsali's max jean grey/hb team during Fresh Cuts, I made it a priority to avoid making 5-matching (first) and deny red (second). But during the course of the match, AI decided to give me not one but TWO lines of 5-matches, back to back, at the very top of the row. so I got the double aoe from a 345 jean grey, ap drain, and only TWO rounds of team stun rather than four. It turns out the stun effect is not additive, that is 2 + 2, but rather take effect side by side. Fortunately for me, AI couldn't do more than 3-match dmg for both turns I was a sitting duck, and better yet I had a ton of ap to fire off my powers to knock Jean Grey out. I was very fortunate to win my match despite triggering AI jean's blue passive twice in one turn.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just remember - those people fund the game we enjoy playing icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose wrote:
    just remember - those people fund the game we enjoy playing icon_e_wink.gif

You're welcome! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    anyone done this yet? is it even possible?

i've seen it...

LLohm of Crewsaders had a maxed Jean Grey while the Hulk pve event was running. I would luv to hear how many 42 packs he bought to get all three JG colors; the draw rate was like 0.3% for each. icon_e_confused.gif

Something I saw in Fresh Cut... This guy is in Crew, and the guy in 2nd place is also in the same alliance. He doesn't need Rank 1 for the JG cover, the 2nd place guy did, yet he finished first (he tried to do that since he was in 2nd). Why would you take Rank 1 from a fellow alliance that needs the cover? *shrugs*
  • sagapo wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    jredd wrote:

i've seen it...

LLohm of Crewsaders had a maxed Jean Grey while the Hulk pve event was running. I would luv to hear how many 42 packs he bought to get all three JG colors; the draw rate was like 0.3% for each. icon_e_confused.gif

Something I saw in Fresh Cut... This guy is in Crew, and the guy in 2nd place is also in the same alliance. He doesn't need Rank 1 for the JG cover, the 2nd place guy did, yet he finished first (he tried to do that since he was in 2nd). Why would you take Rank 1 from a fellow alliance that needs the cover? *shrugs*

One of my alliance mates with a maxed Jean took first in Psylocke PVP with 1850+ points. I was around the 1500 point mark. Never once did i think that it was weird or strange that he was grinding hard even though eh didn't 'need" the cover and i did. This kind of thing happens. Everyone has a differnt thing that they value or thing that motivates them. Some dudes like to grind as hard as they can all the time. Some folks are grinding for season placement.

If alliance mates are very close in score, OK maybe then they can discuss who "needs" the cover and who doesn't...maybe. But IMO in this instance, if i wanted the Jean cover that badly, i could have scored higher and won it fair and square. Once i reached a certain point threshold, i just wasn't motivated to hop anymore...jean cover or not.

marc
  • djsquillz wrote:
    sagapo wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    jredd wrote:

i've seen it...

One of my alliance mates with a maxed Jean took first in Psylocke PVP with 1850+ points. I was around the 1500 point mark and took second in the bracket. Never once did i think that it was weird or strange that he was grinding hard even though eh didn't 'need" the cover and i did. This kind of thing happens. Everyone has a different thing that they value or thing that motivates them. Some dudes like to grind as hard as they can all the time. Some folks are grinding for season placement.

If alliance mates are very close in score, OK maybe then they can discuss who "needs" the cover and who doesn't...maybe. But IMO in this instance, if i wanted the Jean cover that badly, i could have scored higher and won it fair and square. Once i reached a certain point threshold, i just wasn't motivated to hop anymore...jean cover or not.

marc
  • So what are some teams people with fully covered Jean are running?

I've been using Jean/Hulkbuster/Random
  • Using Carnage + antman + jean. Jean Purp or Antman blue can help with carnages tiles. Carnage red + jean purp = game over for lots of teams. Just got to 1k in Jean PVP based off this team.

Edit: Was using a 3/5/5 Antman, 5/3/3 Jean (which I just got the green for a 1k reward and also pulled a blue in the 950 event pack) so now she is 5/4/4, and 5/3/5 Carnage. Helps they were all buffed for the event.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have limited 4*s cover maxed so in Jean pvp her 5/3/5 plus standard build if and cage has done well, lots of defensive wins but that's expected with most using the loaner.
  • barrok wrote:
    Using Carnage + antman + jean. Jean Purp or Antman blue can help with carnages tiles. Carnage red + jean purp = game over for lots of teams. Just got to 1k in Jean PVP based off this team.

Edit: Was using a 3/5/5 Antman, 5/3/3 Jean (which I just got the green for a 1k reward and also pulled a blue in the 950 event pack) so now she is 5/4/4, and 5/3/5 Carnage. Helps they were all buffed for the event.

Ah, unfortunately I only have a 1/1/0 Carnage and a 4/0/0 Ant Man
    nwman wrote:
    I have limited 4*s cover maxed so in Jean pvp her 5/3/5 plus standard build if and cage has done well, lots of defensive wins but that's expected with most using the loaner.

I'll try that one out thanks!
  • WarPigg
    WarPigg Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone, first post after reading for months because I had an epiphany:

How many new 4* characters have we been getting lately? And look at Jean's "Full of surprises" pic... (http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/mpq ... jean-grey/)

We have 5* characters coming our way in the near future, and change pink for orange and 5* Phoenix will be one of them