**** Jean Grey (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• WarPigg wrote:
    Hi everyone, first post after reading for months because I had an epiphany:

How many new 4* characters have we been getting lately? And look at Jean's "Full of surprises" pic... (http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/mpq ... jean-grey/)

We have 5* characters coming our way in the near future, and change pink for orange and 5* Phoenix will be one of them
    i don't get it
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    WarPigg wrote:

How many new 4* characters have we been getting lately? And look at Jean's "Full of surprises" pic... (http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/mpq ... jean-grey/)

We have 5* characters coming our way in the near future, and change pink for orange and 5* Phoenix will be one of them
    i don't get it
    He's saying if you take the image from Full of Surprises and change the pink to orange it could work for a 5* Phoenix.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    WarPigg wrote:

i don't get it
    He's saying if you take the image from Full of Surprises and change the pink to orange it could work for a 5* Phoenix.
    Okay....I guess...?
  • Phoenix isn't a 5* level character, depending on the point of the story not even a 4*. Dark Phoenix tho is surely a 4* level or higher if ever introduced a 5* tier.

Also, that's not all about real power. Look at magneto, one of the strongest mutants has no 4* version while thing, elektra and star-lord are there. What about doom, who is a God in various points of the "main" story or in other universes and still a 3* in MPQ.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    So what are some teams people with fully covered Jean are running?

I've been using Jean/Hulkbuster/Random

Who is boosted? And how is she covered?

I'm currently at 5/3/5 and find that I'm using her purple way more than I'm using her green. Therefore putting her with SW makes sense to get the AoE off early. Otherwise I'm using her on D and O as a match 5 counter with Cyclops/Marvel (OR Cyclops/Buster) to complete the rainbow. On D she is great, because if you let her hang around she makes you pay, but if you try and down her too early the Cyclops battery goes off and you are eating face lasers.
  • Buret0
    Options
    So... I just randomly sent my SW/JG/Rags team in to PvP against a Patch/Hulk/Rags team.

Lol.

So... Jean Grey IS the hulkbuster.

Reverse Hulk bombing is now a thing. Hulk gets angry and creates a bunch of match 5s. Jean stuns them all and his team loses all the Green AP and then they nearly wiped with AoE damage.

Oh, not a good time for Hulk to get angry? Make him as angry as you want and then destroy all of his anger tiles with a single purple blast. Sure that might make him angry again, but more likely it will make him dead.

Note... I also just faced a 270 4Pool. Jeannie put him in his place too.
  • Glad to hear some other people wrecking faces with Jean icon_razz.gif Mines 5/4/4 and only lvl 180 (waiting on the alliance green for the season) and she is a real beast!
  • Buret0
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    Glad to hear some other people wrecking faces with Jean icon_razz.gif Mines 5/4/4 and only lvl 180 (waiting on the alliance green for the season) and she is a real beast!

Mine's 5/3/5 211, but boosted to 286 for now. Her anti-AI cheating cascades move has proven useful more than once. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Buret0
    Options
    I also didn't think that I would love full of supplies as much as I do.
    I don't get it as often as I get Mind Over Matter; however, while there are times that there are no enemy special tiles on the board, you can always use four more supplies.

Edit:

And I should note that Mind Over Matter does not destroy charged tiles or Force Fields, despite how Hexbolt treated them (you could not destroy a friendly charged tile with hexbolt).
  • I usually team her up with Carnage (who has 5 red and 5 green) because his red + her purple can take down a fair amount of opponents, and with boosts its only 2 reds and 3 purple matches for almost 8k damage to 1 person and 5k + to the others. It's a constant conflict on the green though. Some matches the AOE is better, other matches with a messed up board, carnages green takes care of business. I would prefer not to overlap colors, but red + purple is too much for me to not bring carnage along icon_razz.gif

Glad green is working out though. When I get 5 green things will be much better I think!
  • Buret0 wrote:
    full of supplies
    what jean grey are u using? icon_razz.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    full of supplies
    what jean grey are u using? icon_razz.gif

giphy.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    surprised how more people aren't saying how stupidly overpowered JG is, I know this is a 4* but her purple does way too much damage for its cost, she basically has KK's embiggened bash on two different abilities with powerful added affects.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    she basically has KK's embiggened bash on two different abilities with powerful added affects.
    I like it when 4*s are clearly better than 3*s. I'm crazy that way...
  • surprised how more people aren't saying how stupidly overpowered JG is, I know this is a 4* but her purple does way too much damage for its cost, she basically has KK's embiggened bash on two different abilities with powerful added affects.
    overpowered? I thought the massive amount of jean greys at high point values in PVP were because they were FANS icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Jean is not OP, she feels almost perfect for a 4 star in terms of damage health and ability cost
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont think she is overpowered, we see so many because she is very good, but so are Kingpin or Xpool, the difference is that she plays really well with IMHB, has one ability to help you against AI cascades and AI cant play her wrong (the other two shine when used by humans).

I would make her purple do 3000 damage though, It is true that purple does a little too much for 10 AP. But JUST A LITTLE too much icon_razz.gif
  • The only time Jean feels OP is when she stops a cascade (especially if it was an ability based one, like GSBW, or KK etc). The rest of her abilities, while great, don't seem to be too broken.

We don't want her to just be 4* KK, so I am happy that her AOE has some cool features tacked on. Using purple to switch carnage tiles, or goon tiles or Thing tiles is really awesome. But if your opponent doesn't have tiles you need to switch, you can go after green and get yourself some additional damage/defense. She's perfect! icon_e_smile.gif (plus she is a pretty sweet PVP deterrent).
  • Jean is not OP, she feels almost perfect for a 4 star in terms of damage health and ability cost
    don't listen to this man, he's biased icon_lol.gif

dark-phoenix-wins-o.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry if I happen to cringe at almost 4k team damage for only 10 cost that ends up doing a total of 11664 total damage, its more akin to a cheaper RoTP with little more damage and no drawback to it and actually removes special tile advantage on the board.

Like I said, I get that she's a 4* but isn't this a bit much?