**** Jean Grey (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

PS: after Ant man which I also think is really good, I am starting to think that D3 is making new 4 too powerfuls
    Weekly buffs still make buffed characters the best characters. Looking at the 4* tier the only 4 * that I really would not use in PVP when buffed would be strar lord and maybe Electra(not counting Dino devil). Star lord just does not have enough pop and I am no a fan of his CD. Electra is still situational and is better for PVE to go against all those Daken strike tiles. Jean,IMHB,Xfoce,4Thor,Kingpin can all do well in PVP as it is right now, and when they are buffed will be at the high end.

Forgot Carnage and Thing since I don't have a ton of there covers yet. Carnage is a pain and Thing is pretty awsome.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    So I think she is the new queen and she jumps to the throne of the game comfortably sitting next to IMHB icon_e_surprised.gif

PS: after Ant man which I also think is really good, I am starting to think that D3 is making new 4 too powerfuls

How often are you getting hit by 5 matches from the AI? I would say it happens to me 1/10-ish battles, and an ability that is used that rarely doesn't seem very useful.

I think she will be more useful as a defensive character, forcing human opponents to avoid 5 matches.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    So I think she is the new queen and she jumps to the throne of the game comfortably sitting next to IMHB icon_e_surprised.gif

How often are you getting hit by 5 matches from the AI? I would say it happens to me 1/10-ish battles, and an ability that is used that rarely doesn't seem very useful.

I think she will be more useful as a defensive character, forcing human opponents to avoid 5 matches.

Well I have to say that lately quite a lot ( once every four or five matches, but at least in PvE are not that devastating ). The thing is, I always win PvP matches except when AI gets crazy cascades, and with Jean abilitites, even at 3 covers, this will get minimized quite a bit I think, so I hope I will always win (and I will loose less health). The two turn stun will help regain foot after the cascade (more than the damage). Of course these are all conjectures untill i can try her in PvP, but she seems really good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Something about this "Jean is PX counter", I don't agree with it. I think it's the opposite actually, he makes her less powerful.

Think this way: if you have no PX and is facing a Jean, then accidentally or not make a match 5 you will just lose 6ap right away and stand still a couple turns doing no damage unless you have one or more attack tiles.

Now if you do have a PX you will generate 4ap before losing, so the outcome is just 2ap less than you had before. This for a 5 blue Jean, not everyone will run her like this. You also will nuke hard someone before being stunned, and while you are at it you will probably have some special tiles out.

And she needs 4 turns to get enough purple to fire, if there's enough purple matches and you let her get it. You can make more tiles all the time, it will take her some time to fire her purple two or three times if that ever happen.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Well I have to say that lately quite a lot ( once every four or five matches, but at least in PvE are not that devastating ). The thing is, I always win PvP matches except when AI gets crazy cascades, and with Jean abilitites, even at 3 covers, this will get minimized quite a bit I think, so I hope I will always win (and I will loose less health). The two turn stun will help regain foot after the cascade (more than the damage). Of course these are all conjectures untill i can try her in PvP, but she seems really good.

True, how often the AI 5 matches won't be absolutely apparent until you play Jean. People were surprised at how often Loki's green went off when he got it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts, but I noticed someone making a comment about how rare 5 matches are by the AI... Although this is true... I don't think Jean Grey's blue ability should just be seen as a single counter to the AI making a physical 5 match....

Characters that flood the board with a particular colour with their abilities, a very good example is Doom's blue at rank 5 which converts all blue tiles to black. There are others like Thor's yellow, Iron Fist's purple, Mystique's blue, Hulkbuster's blue, Kamala's purple, etc... These all have the potential to create 5 matches because of the flood of a single colour.

As such I wouldn't dismiss Jean Grey's blue firing as a rare occurrence when faced with the above characters and indeed anyone else who can covert tile colours.

In fact Grey's blue can potentially be a life saver given how often when Thor fires off his yellow followed by his green thereby usually significantly hurting one of your team if not taking them out completely.

Certainly if I was fighting Jean, I would think twice about firing off Iron Fist's black! cause my entire team out for two turns will more than likely mean at least one not surviving!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    Not that it's very hard to counter Hulk, but Jean Grey can stop him from getting too angry quite easily.

And what better way to showcase this than introducing the new character Jean Grey in the Hulk PVE?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Wait a second......what kind of Fantasy Edition MPQ have YA'LL been playing? lol.

The computer does Match 5s on me AT LEAST every other match. Whether that be level 2 Seed Teams in Lightning Rounds or Ares / Moomstone / Rags in PvE or lolSniper / Tommy Gun Idiot / Turn To Bugs in DDQ.

And I'm not talking about just ONE Match 5, I'm talking about Match 5 after Match 5 after Match 5. On their FIRST turn. So much so, that on their second turn, they completely wipe two of my characters in frenzy of abilities (usually from 2 - 4, within the same turn), leaving me wondering if I should just take the loss and hope my scaling goes down, or retreating, which will then kill that last character ANYWAYS.

Jean will be the very first character I will EVER spend money on, but I will do so most gladly.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Wait a second......what kind of Fantasy Edition MPQ have YA'LL been playing? lol.

The computer does Match 5s on me AT LEAST every other match. Whether that be level 2 Seed Teams in Lightning Rounds or Ares / Moomstone / Rags in PvE or lolSniper / Tommy Gun Idiot / Turn To Bugs in DDQ.

And I'm not talking about just ONE Match 5, I'm talking about Match 5 after Match 5 after Match 5. On their FIRST turn. So much so, that on their second turn, they completely wipe two of my characters in frenzy of abilities (usually from 2 - 4, within the same turn), leaving me wondering if I should just take the loss and hope my scaling goes down, or retreating, which will then kill that last character ANYWAYS.

Jean will be the very first character I will EVER spend money on, but I will do so most gladly.

Analyzing the board and weighing odds can reduce the frequency but yes, match 5s do happen. Best part is their turn ends immediately if her passive goes off so if their critical tile doesn't automatically resolve you get to use it
  • Unknown
    Options
    First of all, hi!! I've been reading a lot but this is my first post.

Just to share that I've spent some money just because I've always loved Jean and couldn't wait xD and it's pretty good with LC and Loki. Always talking about PvE. Haven't tried her on PvP.

You lack any kind of healing and you're missing some colors, but with a CPU 3-match, no damage and if 4 or 5 match, you know. If you try to get their colors, and break their specials, makes you feel unstoppable xD

BTW LC has 5 Red covers, Jean 5 Blue and Loki 5 Green.

Thanks for all the useful info you have always provided me! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi guys.

Pls can someone confirm if Jean Grey Passive cancel Xavier blue passive?

Xaviers passive is the one where u can a 5tile match
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When two passive abilities get set off at the same time, the one on the player's side executes first. So if Jean is on the player's team and Xavier is on the AI side, Jean should go first and stun him before Master Plan kicks in, but if it's the other way around then Master Plan will happen and then you'll get hit by Psychic Feedback.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Playing with a 4/0/4 188 Jean Grey, i'm gonna say right now, i honestly think her purple will get nerfed, for PVP it's not too bad, little more than rage of the panther with an added Bullseye purple. For PVE however....at 5 covers it destroys SIX enemy tiles, that includes countdown tiles AND does team damage. To me that's just too powerful for the devs to let loose.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even with just the covers i won in the event (3) she is actually useful! Her green works well in goon nodes, and triggers doc oc
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got her Blue stun to go off in that node in iso 8 brotherhood, the stun starts on your opponents turn. So if they ended with a match 5 match, it goes to your turn and its really just a 1 turn stun. It they use an ability that causes a match 5, then they can't do any more actions for that turn but it's still slightly less than a 2 turn stun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Just got her Blue stun to go off in that node in iso 8 brotherhood, the stun starts on your opponents turn. So if they ended with a match 5 match, it goes to your turn and its really just a 1 turn stun. It they use an ability that causes a match 5, then they can't do any more actions for that turn but it's still slightly less than a 2 turn stun.
    No, its 2 turns because their turn wouldn't end with the match 5, they would get an extra move off it.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    No, its 2 turns because their turn wouldn't end with the match 5, they would get an extra move off it.

Ah that's right, but it's still slightly less than 2 turns because they get a chance to use abilities first.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    **snip** at 5 covers it destroys SIX enemy tiles, that includes countdown tiles AND does team damage.

it also destroys profx's invisibility tiles... i haven't had the opportunity to try her out against trap tile makers... but really hoping she can counter those tinykitty calitropes...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have only used her in the season loaner-node. And she seems a little slow on her own, with 2 4-match powers and no acceleration. Kind of like fury in that the powers are good, but take a while to get going.

Can anybody who has her maxed comment on this? Does she really need someone like switch or khan or rags to fuel her powers?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have only used her in the season loaner-node. And she seems a little slow on her own, with 2 4-match powers and no acceleration. Kind of like fury in that the powers are good, but take a while to get going.

Can anybody who has her maxed comment on this? Does she really need someone like switch or khan or rags to fuel her powers?

People need to stop saying switch. Either SW or scarlet witch, switch is just stupid. Anyhow, I can get a maxed out one soon, but that isn't really relevant to your question. They obviously gave her the same colors and even had the same active colors as SW to make it stupid to bring her along. SW would literally be useless except for her blue. You could do it in PvE, but then you are giving up at least one active color. Khan would turn purple into green, and you would rather cast purple, so that makes no sense, and KK also has green of her own, and Rags sucks so I don't know why you would use him.