**** Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ****

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood doesn't work with Ant-man at all. Purple is a trap so it obviously doesn't work and yellow shouldn't work either (the passive portion is what does the damage). Blue, however, doesn't work. The tile stealing occurs at the beginning of the turn and the CD tile is just there, Intimidation doesn't let you speed up the stealing (although it helps blue and yellow reach 0 faster for the resolution effect).

Except specifically with Carnage, 5 blue is pretty much overkill. Normal play wise 5/3/5 is a lot more reliable (Grow's damage is based on the specific cover you're trying to activate it on, purple will do 10k and blue will do 5k like this).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think we can safely stop looking for an explanation of why people are 4*s now. They're 4*s because the devs decided they were.

That's definitely true. Hulk and Sentry should be 4*. Elektra and Starlord should not. Heck, Scarlet Witch isn't even 4*!

It's not based on the character, because if you were to pit Elektra against most of the 3*'s in the comics, she wouldn't even have a way to kill them. Bladed weapons and martial arts only go so far, and then you're fighting a Superman expy and the Hulk.

Let's go back even further and ask what an Elektra vs. Ares battle would look like.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, dude is actually pretty fun. Need a yellow generator, I want to just pump out yellow all day.

animations are great too, not long, but super effective.
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His purple can pile up fast!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think we can safely stop looking for an explanation of why people are 4*s now. They're 4*s because the devs decided they were.

That's definitely true. Hulk and Sentry should be 4*. Elektra and Starlord should not. Heck, Scarlet Witch isn't even 4*!

It's not based on the character, because if you were to pit Elektra against most of the 3*'s in the comics, she wouldn't even have a way to kill them. Bladed weapons and martial arts only go so far, and then you're fighting a Superman expy and the Hulk.

Let's go back even further and ask what an Elektra vs. Ares battle would look like.

I think there are two major factors determining if a character is a 4* or not.

First is Power, which includes the character's power level in the source material. This is why Hulkbuster, X-Force and Professor X are 4*'s, with The Thing being the most recent of this type. They makes sense to their characters, are strong in game and everyone is happy. Well, except Devil Dino, but he gets a pass based on how fun and camp he is.

Second is Complexity, how unique, different and/or difficult the abilities are to understand and/or program. Electra's Black, Starlord's Yellow/Red and Ant-Man's Purple/Blue all count in this regard. The abilities are hard to comprehend and could easily confuse newer players. This is the exact reason why Moonstone's Black was changed. I'm sure we will see CountDown stealing again, but at 4* instead of 2*. I also believe this is the justification for Invisible Woman, because Invisible is trickier than it appears and the only other character to use it is another 4*, Prof X.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ruckly wrote:
    Second is Complexity, how unique, different and/or difficult the abilities are to understand and/or program. Electra's Black, Starlord's Yellow/Red and Ant-Man's Purple/Blue all count in this regard. The abilities are hard to comprehend and could easily confuse newer players. This is the exact reason why Moonstone's Black was changed. I'm sure we will see CountDown stealing again, but at 4* instead of 2*. I also believe this is the justification for Invisible Woman, because Invisible is trickier than it appears and the only other character to use it is another 4*, Prof X.
    3* vision would like to have a talk with you... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruckly wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think there are two major factors determining if a character is a 4* or not.

First is Power, which includes the character's power level in the source material. This is why Hulkbuster, X-Force and Professor X are 4*'s, with The Thing being the most recent of this type. They makes sense to their characters, are strong in game and everyone is happy. Well, except Devil Dino, but he gets a pass based on how fun and camp he is.

u give them too much credit. 1>2>3 definitely see an increase in power/complexity, but 4* is weird
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruckly wrote:
    Second is Complexity, how unique, different and/or difficult the abilities are to understand and/or program.
    Vision should be a 5* then icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Ruckly wrote:
    Second is Complexity, how unique, different and/or difficult the abilities are to understand and/or program.
    Vision should be a 5* then icon_e_biggrin.gif
    And would still seem like trash...
    - Unreall
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey there, MPQ fans!

It's time to head over to Marvel.com to get the lowdown on Marvel Puzzle Quest's newest Hero - Ant-Man!

Shrink yourselves down and crawl over for a revealing interview with D3 Go!'s Joe Fletcher as he outlines design choices and skills for Scott Lang. Preview screenshots and power peeks are included.

You can READ IT HERE.

Quote:
    "Marvel.com: And how does Scott dish out the pain? Swarms of ants? Thief/karate skills? Dashing good looks?

Joe Fletcher: How about all of the above—minus the good looks; hard to show off a winning smile when you’ve got a large silver mask covering your face. Like I said before, we managed to squeeze in four powers in three through some creative use of power switching. He’s a bit like Vision in that a couple of his moves can change depending on other abilities."
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So based on the interview, it appears like the 30 day event is not going to refresh or anything, so if we can grind all the rewards out in a day, there is nothing new there for the next month, right?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    So based on the interview, it appears like the 30 day event is not going to refresh or anything, so if we can grind all the rewards out in a day, there is nothing new there for the next month, right?

Yes, as confirmed by Ice in the other thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I can't really say whether he's good or bad, but he's definitely fun.

IMO he's a icon_vision.png-gone-right.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruckly wrote:
    This is the exact reason why Moonstone's Black was changed. I'm sure we will see CountDown stealing again, but at 4* instead of 2*.

Actually, no. They said why they chanced Moonstone's Control Shift. It was because testing CD tile stealing is very expensive for the developers. You basically have to test every new power in the game with moonstone to see how a stolen tile would work and not break the game. Having it exist as a mostly unused power or a mostly unused character made no sense whatsoever. I doubt we'll see it's return. For example, what the heck would stealing Vision's Density Heavy do? Would it give only moonstone an attack bonus? No one an attack bonus? Maybe Vision STILL has an attack bonus? What is there's a vision on both teams? Software breaks without this questioned answered, so it must be thought about, developed and tested.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it really any more complicated than Marvel made a movie about him, thus he's a four star?

Fun to play btw. Good job.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruckly wrote:

You underestimate Vision. But much like gamora, patch, captain marvel and hulk. You need them fully leveled and tanking lots of colors to work. Trust me if Visions blue is out and there are cascades that's essentially a 723 strike tile out there. Visions red needs to be a tad cheaper or the red alone needs to do more damage and he's solid

Anyway his is about Antman. Ran some theoretical numbers and his yellow if left unchecked and assuming no tiles destroyed and you can have 9 yellow strike tiles out, he does 14,265 if all of yellow goes unchecked

I had been wondering if 5/5/3 might be the better build so you could maximize the grow, but nope, 5/3/5 all the way. You could maybe argue 3/5/5 because blue cd tile can't be overwritten like a trap tile, but....the trap tile won't expire and there isn't a whole lot of skills creating purple special tiles other than 2* Bullseye. So 5/3/5 Antman people don't even think about anything else
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Ruckly wrote:

You underestimate Vision. But much like gamora, patch, captain marvel and hulk. You need them fully leveled and tanking lots of colors to work. Trust me if Visions blue is out and there are cascades that's essentially a 723 strike tile out there. Visions red needs to be a tad cheaper or the red alone needs to do more damage and he's solid

Anyway his is about Antman. Ran some theoretical numbers and his yellow if left unchecked and assuming no tiles destroyed and you can have 9 yellow strike tiles out, he does 14,265 if all of yellow goes unchecked

I had been wondering if 5/5/3 might be the better build so you could maximize the grow, but nope, 5/3/5 all the way. You could maybe argue 3/5/5 because blue cd tile can't be overwritten like a trap tile, but....the trap tile won't expire and there isn't a whole lot of skills creating purple special tiles other than 2* Bullseye. So 5/3/5 Antman people don't even think about anything else
    And with it never expiring, if it is in the right place, grow is very easy to get off.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    So 5/3/5 Antman people don't even think about anything else
    Carnage is making me want to go 5 blue. I can't help but think that these two were specifically designed to play together.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Because you cast it 3 times? The countdown doesn't generate a strike tile every turn. It works like Escape Plan, tile resolves and turns into a strike.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Even the loaner at lvl 70 proved he deserves the 4* rating. i dread the day i come up against a 270 in PVP, that is an autoskip.

So, any guesses on final round of next gauntlet? Thing, Ant-Man,?