**** Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ****

Options

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So at max he essentially needs 18 AP in some combination of 9 bluetile.png 9 purpletile.png to do 10k dmg. Am I understanding that correctly?

These powers like icon_vision.png are very confusing.

5 blueflag.png seems to be a must. With all these special tile creators ( icon_carnage.png ), special tile conversion / stealing is becoming more and more useful.

Buff icon_doctoroctopus.png

edit: it costs 18 bluetile.png or 18 purpletile.png I think I understand now
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crooks isn't all that great with only 3 covers, but I think 5 covers is overkill.
    Ever play with Carnage or play an Ultron event?
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Crooks isn't all that great with only 3 covers, but I think 5 covers is overkill.
    Ever play with Carnage or play an Ultron event?
    Ultron. Tinykitty. Totally forgot about him and his sentries. Ant-Man will be hyper-useful against them.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    cynder9792 wrote:
    Man another 4*?? We already have 12. Where is the 2* cyc that was rumored? But I guess on the flip side the events have been pretty lax since Thing was released so idk but it just seems like d3 is flooding the game with 4*s so people spend 2500hp per cover. If they are gonna keep on the same pattern maybe lower the cost of 4* covers to 2k HP.....I mean really this will be the 3rd 4* since the last 3* was released (bullseye classic)

Ant-Man being a 3* was very unlikely when he really comes with a own 30 days event because the effort must be worthy, but i do understand that 3 4* in a row isn't satisfying for any not 4* transition player...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best all-enviroment build looks like 5/3/5.

-cheap yellow is more powerful
    -tile steal wont repay itself unless superboosted special tiles.
    -going for high dmg Grow is unreliably expensive.

However, I expect yellowflag.png passive to deal all damage at once, not seperately per Countdown tiles. (like Squirrel Girl destroying tiles all at once, unfortunately).

purpleflag.png should generate non-purple attack tiles too. Number of tiles generated bonus (2 or 3) will be usually irrelevant.
  • Unknown
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Best all-enviroment build looks like 5/3/5.

-cheap yellow is more powerful
    -tile steal wont repay itself unless superboosted special tiles.
    -going for high dmg Grow is unreliably expensive.

However, I expect yellowflag.png passive to deal all damage at once, not seperately per Countdown tiles. (like Squirrel Girl destroying tiles all at once, unfortunately).

purpleflag.png should generate non-purple attack tiles too. Number of tiles generated bonus (2 or 3) will be usually irrelevant.

Given you will likely cover every purple tile in attack tiles is not 3/5/5 a better choice for build? Yea you miss some attack damage but you also get to keep your attack tiles while saving up that 18 blue for 10k knock out punch.

Yet another character the AI is going to have trouble playing.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What about 5/5/3? Double the chances of a 10k knockout for 18AP
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's very difficult to predict the best build yet. You really want to have 5 in either (or both) Blue and Purple to make sure that Grow will deal 10k damage, but Yellow is his more spammable ability and the one putting the hurt earlier and at faster pace, especially at 5 covers. 5/3/5 initially sounds like the best idea since his blue is only conditionally good against special tiles generators (though he's GREAT at that). OTOH, the blue tiles are the ones that you'd be happier to sacrifice to Grow and having such a strong weapon against certain characters like Daken, Blade, Storm or Carnage is definitely an asset.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Given you will likely cover every purple tile in attack tiles is not 3/5/5 a better choice for build? Yea you miss some attack damage but you also get to keep your attack tiles while saving up that 18 blue for 10k knock out punch.

No, because a level 3 Pym Particles means that Grow will also be level 3, which only does 4397 damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure how I'd want to build him.

yellowflag.png has the advantage of being his cheapest power, but it's really not all that impressive. You should get ~3000 damage out of it and 3 strike tiles, since some countdowns will probably be matched away before the 3 turns end.

purpleflag.png creates 500 worth of attack tiles per turn, but it's limited to purple tiles, so you will rarely get more than 1500 attack tiles on the board, even assuming the trap isn't matched away or disarmed.

blueflag.png can be either amazing or a waste of an ability. If your opponent creates a lot of special tiles, the ability is amazing. If he doesn't, the ability might as well be 18AP - do 10k damage

I'd probably go with 3 blue, because it can be semi-dead against the wrong teams. Either way, I don't think he's going to see a lot of use in high-level play.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, so 1 of each cover to compensate for last night and this mornings outage sounds good.

Really though, i cannot wait to roster this guy, since he is tiny, does he only take a 1/2 price roster slot?

He is going to be the penultimate support char in the 4* range. Tile creation alone. The big damage is just a bonus!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/5/3 for since ill be using him a ton with carnage and they are a complete rainbow team by themselves. Simple strategy is put out Antman blue, carnage procs his passive, steal enemy attack tiles next turn, rinse repeat till you're doing 1k+ damage a turn.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    5/5/3 for since ill be using him a ton with carnage and they are a complete rainbow team by themselves. Simple strategy is put out Antman blue, carnage procs his passive, steal enemy attack tiles next turn, rinse repeat till you're doing 1k+ damage a turn.

100% agree here, his use as support over dd makes 5/5/3 ideal, save your blue for Fury.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm leaning 5/4/4 or 5/3/5.

With Scarlet in existence, 5 purple is mandatory, IMO. This is your most likely case for casting the 10k damage.

You only give up 567 on yellow to get the extra 4k on grow from 5 blue, but the utility of that power is pretty useless otherwise (who generates 3 tiles to steal that quickly?), so I don't think 5/5/3 makes a lot of sense without a blue generator.

After that, it's a question of 1955 from grow + extra utility with Carnage, or an extra 1647 damage from yellow. At 4, it's 2268 (189x4x3turns). At 5 it's 3915 (261x5x3).

Without Carnage, I think 5/3/5 is easily best.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    who generates 3 tiles to steal that quickly?.

Daken, Blade, Gamora, BP, Patch, 2* wolvie.. etc...

I have seen a Daken get a nice cascade and have 6 strikes out after the first turn....
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    who generates 3 tiles to steal that quickly?.

Daken, Blade, Gamora, BP, Patch, 2* wolvie.. etc...

I have seen a Daken get a nice cascade and have 6 strikes out after the first turn....

Blade at best does 2 per, so you're on pace with 4 blue.
    Panther produces 3. Steal two, match the 3rd. Problem solved.

On the others, 6 tiles and you're caught up in 1 turn, again excluding what you can match away.

Falcon's purple and the Ultron/Sentries are the only ones who can really overwhelm a board, but I think that's too niche to need 5 blue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 for since ill be using him a ton with carnage
    Same here. I don't understand the thinking that his blue is a waste in the wrong situation. Just use him in the right situation.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Does the Purple attack tiles that spawn overwrite a defending Ant-man's Purple trap tile? Just a thought
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nylarx wrote:
    Does the Purple attack tiles that spawn overwrite a defending Ant-man's Purple trap tile? Just a thought

Of course it does overwrite.

stealing spammy low/medium special tiles: Not a very big, game-changing advantage
    stealing good quality offensive tiles: Better, but since this is a CD-based stealing, you have to suffer at least 1 hit of that good quality strike or attack tile. But more like 2. (enemy deploy + hit -> cast CD -> enemy hit -> steal)
  • Malcrof
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Nylarx wrote:

Of course it does overwrite.

stealing spammy low/medium special tiles: Not a very big, game-changing advantage
    stealing good quality offensive tiles: Better, but since this is a CD-based stealing, you have to suffer at least 1 hit of that good quality strike or attack tile. But more like 2. (enemy deploy + hit -> cast CD -> enemy hit -> steal)

Or pair with hood black.