**** Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ****

Options

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm at work and scared to click on any of these links... icon_e_confused.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    icon_antman.png They're icon_antman.png swarming!!! icon_antman.pngicon_antman.png

icon_antman.png Ahh! icon_antman.pngicon_antman.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's pretty neat how they work in the tile drop.

You magnificent bastard.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, look at my icon_antman.pngicon_thing.png
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    :antman: They're icon_antman.png swarming!!! icon_antman.pngicon_antman.png

icon_antman.png Ahh! icon_antman.pngicon_antman.png

1PqXyCn.png
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to say, this is one of the most confusing characters yet. Ice, can you please clarify the yellow passive? Are new countdown tiles created every turn automatically? Are new countdown tiles only created once all the old ones are gone? Are the red countdown tiles considered the Ants Ants Ants tiles, or the tiles they create?
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    that special tile steal seems like he was made to go with carnage....oh man....i want
  • IceIX
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    I have to say, this is one of the most confusing characters yet. Ice, can you please clarify the yellow passive? Are new countdown tiles created every turn automatically? Are new countdown tiles only created once all the old ones are gone? Are the red countdown tiles considered the Ants Ants Ants tiles, or the tiles they create?
    Countdown tiles are created on ability use. Each turn, they deal damage kind of like pseudo-Attack tiles. When they go off they explode one by one changing a Yellow Basic tile into a Strike tile. They're only AAA tiles while they are in CD tile form.
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    I like this guy. And not just because Ants! Ants! Ants! is the best power name in the game so far.

At first glance I'd say 553 is the way to go, to get the most out of 3 powers for the price of two. Although his yellow certainly isn't bad either.

Ice, am I assuming correctly that Grow will have the level of the power it replaces? So a 535 Ant-Man will have a L5 purple Grow and a L3 blue Grow?
  • binarypillbug
    binarypillbug Posts: 106
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was kinda hoping he'd be bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png, since there's already two with his colors.

And his yellow doesn't really feel very... yellow.

edit: not very important but the wiki link has an extra ) in it
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't realize Ant-Man and the Scarlet Witch were such best buddies...
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Also, does purple Grow zap just the trap tile, or the attack tiles that Pym Particles made as well?
  • IceIX
    Options
    I was kinda hoping he'd be bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png, since there's already two with his colors.

And his yellow doesn't really feel very... yellow.

edit: not very important but the wiki link has an extra ) in it
    Wiki link fixed.

His Yellow is a leadership ability. He's commanding a legion of ants to make his opponent rather uncomfortable.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Also, does purple Grow zap just the trap tile, or the attack tiles that Pym Particles made as well?
    Just the Trap tile (and the CD tile from Small Time Crooks). The Attack tiles from Pym Particles and the Strike tiles from Ants! are just regular old special tiles, not tiles tied to an ability.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, did this work? Want to start some more character threads Nonce? icon_e_wink.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I like this guy. And not just because Ants! Ants! Ants! is the best power name in the game so far.

I still think Squirrel Girl should have had a "Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!" power that had the animation of Whales (with a bunch of squirrels of course).
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    Initial thoughts: I think 5/3/5 is his best offensive and all-around build. Crooks isn't all that great with only 3 covers, but I think 5 covers is overkill. Sure, it pretty much ensures you'll be stealing all the special tiles, but how often does the enemy have 10+ special tiles to steal? I think Lang is better off creating the maximum amount of strike and attack tiles.

You could go x/5/x and make him the ultimate special tile thief. Either way, you need 5 covers in PP or Crooks to give Grow it's maximum punch.

Also, poor Elektra. For 8 AP, she'll do 1,200 damage/turn. For 7 AP, Ant-Man will do 1,300 damage/turn plus will spit out strike tiles that give an extra 450 damage. Per turn. (assuming CD's stay out the whole time)
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man another 4*?? We already have 12. Where is the 2* cyc that was rumored? But I guess on the flip side the events have been pretty lax since Thing was released so idk but it just seems like d3 is flooding the game with 4*s so people spend 2500hp per cover. If they are gonna keep on the same pattern maybe lower the cost of 4* covers to 2k HP.....I mean really this will be the 3rd 4* since the last 3* was released (bullseye classic)