Game Crashes during matches after R77 Patch

Comments

• xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I just checked and I am still seeing crashes on iPhone 5. IGN is the same as here, xellessanova.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    My in game name is the same as my forum handle. I don't seem to be crashing quite as much as some other folks--only about 50% of the time and not always at the start of a battle. Yea me?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the information, everybody.

At this point, it seems like iPad 4 and iPhone 5/5s/5c devices are the only ones affected. If you are playing on an iPad 4 or iPhone 5/5s/5c and are NOT seeing crashes, please let us know.

Also, if anybody who is crashing or not crashing (on an iPad 4 or iPhone 5/5s/5c) would be willing to post or PM me their PVP name, that would help.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s - not crashing

PVP name - TazFTW

I wasn't crashing before or after the R77 update.
  • Deathclaw
    Deathclaw Posts: 59
    PvP Name: Deathclaw Wrex

I've been crashing since the update. Scared to start the Carnage event!
  • I'm currently experiences the crashing bugs. I have an iPhone 5.

My in-game name is pliskin84.

If there is anything you need, please let me know.
  • In Game Name is JD758. Still crashing on iPhone 5
  • Joining the choir! Already sent a ticket in. Crashing all day long, in all modes. Have only gotten through the first three nodes, and cannot complete the next. I guess "Carnage" went meta.

Username is also Brusk.
  • Same here very frustrating all my characters are dead and health packs gone as it crashes every fight

Hope they do the right thing for compensation
  • Experience the same issues. On an iPhone 5 v8.3. Frustrating getting half way through a match to have it shutdown completely downing each character as your only a couple moves from victory. Maybe everyone will receive a Carnage for having to deal with this!! That seems to be the only thing that is working!!
  • Demiurge_Kevin
    Demiurge_Kevin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Thanks, all. That's another good bit of data for us to work with.

This is really bizarre; we can't reproduce the crash at all here in the office. We've managed to look through crash reports enough to make some guesses at some code changes that could fix the crash. We're going to build a new version of the game and send it off to our testers to see if they can tell if the crash is fixed.

Unfortunately, right now, I can't give any assurances that we've found and fixed the bug. But we're working on it.

The bad news is that if you're affected, there's probably nothing you can do to help the issue until we can release a new version with a fix. I can't give any kind of dependable timeline for that. I don't really have any good information at the moment, just a ton of apologies. This has ruined our night as much as it has ruined yours!

We'll update this thread when we have any news. Signing off for now while we build the new version.
  • Shmorf
    Shmorf Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    In game name is Shmorf and I've been crashing on iPhone 5c on cellular.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Um not just iPad 4 users. My iPad 2 continually crashes. I just double checked after miles posted it was ONLY affecting iPad 4 and iPhone 5 users. Sure enough, first try at sim pvp it crashed before I could make my first move. IPAD 2 not working as well!!!
  • LJWilson and keeps crashing.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Lilc24

Ipad 4 and Iphone5s crashing.
  • Same here crashes every battle and takes health and losing ground in every event very frustrated

Hope they compensate as this crash is bad as it happens every battle
  • Versus name: gugldorf

Device: ipad4

Status: currently crashing at the beginning or during matches.
  • In game name BigBatda. constantly crashing since update 3 days of positioning down the drain crashing out the last 7 hours of event.
  • Bcorm
    Bcorm Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    It's still crashing on Android too.
  • Zanadin
    Zanadin Posts: 8
    My Versus name is: Zanadin

I play on an iPhone 5 which I updated to the latest OS version today to see if it would alleviate the problem. Before R77 I rarely experienced this type of crashing, but upon installing R77 I crash in 80% or so of battles either right when I enter, or after the first few matches. I've also tried turning off my wifi or restarting my phone, but they do not permanently fix the problem. Hope this helps.
  • "Teke184"

iPhone 5c

Crashing.

As a further note, I was able to complete two low level missions in Juggernaut PVE before crashing in the third. Maybe it is a memory leak issue.