Game Crashes during matches after R77 Patch

Comments

• Zozou2016 wrote:
    If this information work, the game always crash when i got a whatssapp notifcation. So maybe the game is crashing when other apps interfere, i let my phone playing alone the game is not crashing yet. redcrit.png

You may be onto something here. I went into my settings and disabled cellular data for all apps except MPQ. I know it's a very small sample size, but I was just able to get through 2 matches in a row without crashing. Going to continue and see what happens.
  • Ok my mode didnt works, and play without internet conection and still crash!!! icon_redface.gif
  • After turning the cellular data off to all of the apps except MPQ, I haven't crashed once in 6 matches. Before I would crash every single time with the exception a 4 match streak sometime yesterday evening. If anyone else would like to try this, maybe we can patch it up ourselves for a bit until a permanent solution is found.
  • JD758 wrote:
    After turning the cellular data off to all of the apps except MPQ, I haven't crashed once in 6 matches. Before I would crash every single time with the exception a 4 match streak sometime yesterday evening. If anyone else would like to try this, maybe we can patch it up ourselves for a bit until a permanent solution is found.
    Still working??? i did that and nothing stil crashing!!
  • Zozou2016 wrote:
    JD758 wrote:
    After turning the cellular data off to all of the apps except MPQ, I haven't crashed once in 6 matches. Before I would crash every single time with the exception a 4 match streak sometime yesterday evening. If anyone else would like to try this, maybe we can patch it up ourselves for a bit until a permanent solution is found.
    Still working??? i did that and nothing stil crashing!!

Yes it is actually, iPhone 5 c version 8.3. Maybe it's just a fluke, but I will keep reporting back. So far though, not one single crash.
  • I tried the turning off the cellular data "trick," it seemed to work for a few matches. I still started crashing after about 10 minutes of play.
  • pliskin84 wrote:
    I tried the turning off the cellular data "trick," it seemed to work for a few matches. I still started crashing after about 10 minutes of play.

I also turned off the background data to those apps, doubt it really matters though once the data is turned off. I've been able to play since then, no crashes. Maybe I just got lucky.
  • Bcorm
    Bcorm Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I'm playing on an Android and it crashes immediately after loading, I can't even launch a match.
  • JD758 wrote:
    pliskin84 wrote:
    I tried the turning off the cellular data "trick," it seemed to work for a few matches. I still started crashing after about 10 minutes of play.

I also turned off the background data to those apps, doubt it really matters though once the data is turned off. I've been able to play since then, no crashes. Maybe I just got lucky.

Well...... The party didn't last long. I got about an hour or so and it started crashing on me again. Sigh.
  • I managed to get just over an hour of play today. Almost had the 800 points for a nice purple Bullseye and then it all fell apart. Crashed twice in a row and then I just gave up. This is just so frustrating.
  • Tuttle0606
    Tuttle0606 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Ign: tuttle6969
    iPhone 5s

I have found it I hard restart my phone I get about 20-30 mins of play time before it starts crashing again.
  • Corven Ren
    Corven Ren Posts: 25
    I have been crashing since the update as well. It crashes right after the title screen.
  • Username- Q2W
    iOS- iphone 5

I've given up due to the frustration. Jones'ing for my MPQ fix.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Has there been a dev post today or any official update? The last thing I can find is from yesterday afternoon.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I surprised that there hasn't been a red post on this in the last 24 hours? No
    Should I be? Yes

The communication from this dev team is embarrassing
  • So it's not even when you make a match. I did bullseye pvp and as soon as the board screen popped up it crashed.

What is it that happens in the background of the app that makes this happen?

I don't think it's anything to do with the game itself
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    brownedawg wrote:
    So it's not even when you make a match. I did bullseye pvp and as soon as the board screen popped up it crashed.

I confirm I tried t play while reading the forum and the game crashed while I wasn't looking...
  • Lee T wrote:
    brownedawg wrote:
    So it's not even when you make a match. I did bullseye pvp and as soon as the board screen popped up it crashed.

I confirm I tried t play while reading the forum and the game crashed while I wasn't looking...

That's how I've been testing it...I'll go into a prologue mission and just sit for five minutes there after making a few connections.
  • Based on the way it crashes I would guess there is a memory leak that slowly eats the phone memory until the phone shuts the app down. I would think the leak would be tied to the fix for either the smoke bug or the iw bug. I know finding memory leaks is tough. Hopefully it will be found soon.
  • So, all of my crashes seem to happen in the middle of a match. It doesn't appear to be dependent on any single action happening. I'm about 0-6 in match completion since this morning, and each time it crashes at a different time. Different players, different opponents, different modes. Some have been on a very solid home wi-fi connection, others on my phone network. Always seems to happen after I've gotten off one or two abilities and then I just do a random match, no KO.