Game Crashes during matches after R77 Patch

Comments

• AstinTO
    AstinTO Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    So much for that, just tried again. Crashed second match in.
  • iPhone 5 and iOS 8.3. Crashes both on WiFi and Celluar. I was at 950 points in PvP when I upgraded and the game crashed. When I got back, I was at 800. All those HP spent....gone.
  • chrisf
    chrisf Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    My iPhone5 is still on ios 7 and crashing, so it's not just an ios 8 thing.
  • Iphone5 wi-fi or cellular data game crashes reliably on deadpool's daily, missed scarlet witch cover yesterday, probly will miss vision cover today. Crashes sometimes in carnage brotherhood event. Only saving grace is u can usually dust hammer story line episode one, vs. the two lvl 1 spies with two moves so u can still collect ur daily resupply. (Phew 575 days and counting icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Any news from the devs?
  • georgexlii wrote:
    Snikt37 wrote:
    For anyone that cares about this sort of thing: I was able to get my daily reward and not lose my streak by playing an extremely short match. I went into the first open level of PVE against two level 1 characters and was able to beat it before the game crashed. I would be pretty annoyed if after 500 continuous days of playing at least 1 match that I lost my streak. I'd definitely quit at that point, so at least there's that...

And now I hate myself for giving so much time to a phone game icon_e_sad.gif

Remember, you don't lose your place in the daily reapply. It's total number of days played, not consecutive days.

Uh.....yeah...so...I've not missed a day since I started playing icon_e_sad.gif I didn't know that, since I have not been in a situation where I'd miss a day. Somehow you actually made me feel worse about myself.
  • AstinTO
    Just played 6 straight matches in the ISO-8 event, including the model 40 essential. No crashes.

Slight adjustment to my original method. I would buy a standard recruit between matches, THEN I SOLD whatever I got (all 1-stars anyway). Then play a match. No crashes so far.

I also noticed that there didn't seem to be any message pop-ups if something happened to a background character (ie.- I downed Belova with Storm when Belova was in the back - it didn't say "Yelena Belova downed". Or Wolverine healed after a yellow match, but no message popped up to mention his healing factor). Not sure if this is a change or a bug, or maybe I wasn't paying attention.
  • So...not fixed then. FFS!
    More wasted rewards, more damage & losing position(s) in vs events.
    Will not be spending any more money if this is the treatment you get
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Crash #5 for me just now. I've only been playing sporadically due to the high likelihood of crashes, but I thought I'd try (again) to get the Vision cover from DDQ. Got through the initial essential node ok, beat one wave of Big Enchilada and then crashed right as I was about to choose a tile for 3* Cap's red. So it's not just after making a match; it can happen on your turn while using abilities too.
  • AstinTO
    Using the recruit-sell-play method, I've also played 3 DDQ matches, and a PVP. A rather long PVP match crashed just as I was going to lose and the other team was in the middle of a cascade after a 5-match.
  • Cable_eel
    Cable_eel Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    AstinTO wrote:
    Using the recruit-sell-play method, I've also played 3 DDQ matches, and a PVP. A rather long PVP match crashed just as I was going to lose and the other team was in the middle of a cascade after a 5-match.

Interesting idea. But I tried it in both DDQ and PVP and was unable to make it through a match using your method.
  • AstinTO
    cable_eel wrote:
    Interesting idea. But I tried it in both DDQ and PVP and was unable to make it through a match using your method.

Yah, just had a PVP crash immediately on me. Well, it looked promising.
  • Is it possible that the game crashes when internet connection cuts out, even if it is only for a second? I don't know an awful lot about programming, but different internet connections working differently as far as likelihood of crashes made me wonder.
    I know that before the update, you only needed a connection at the beginning and end of a battle, but is it possible the update changed that causing the crash? Again, no idea if it helps/matters, but figured it couldn't hurt to throw in my two cents.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    georgexlii wrote:
    Is it possible that the game crashes when internet connection cuts out, even if it is only for a second? I don't know an awful lot about programming, but different internet connections working differently as far as likelihood of crashes made me wonder.
    I know that before the update, you only needed a connection at the beginning and end of a battle, but is it possible the update changed that causing the crash? Again, no idea if it helps/matters, but figured it couldn't hurt to throw in my two cents.

Usually with weak or loss of connection during or after a battle, there is an "agent we are having trouble communicating" screen that pops up, and waits to re-connect.
  • KonaMan
    KonaMan Posts: 6
    From my experience, you actually don't need any connection DURING the battle. You need it to start the battle, and you need it to actually sync up after the battle is over, but you do not need it to play the battle.

I have started a battle before getting in an elevator or subway, played it when I knew I had zero connection, and then waited to finish it once connection was back and everything worked fine.
  • The Superior Wilson
    The Superior Wilson Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I don't want to be "that guy", but I've thrown in the towel for the day. I wonder if their Adventure Time game suffers the same issues we seem to have event after event.
  • Devs:

Would log files be useful to you? If so, what's your preferred method/app for generating them and sending them to you?

I'm sure many of us would be happy to try to help you figure this out.
  • KonaMan wrote:
    From my experience, you actually don't need any connection DURING the battle. You need it to start the battle, and you need it to actually sync up after the battle is over, but you do not need it to play the battle.

I have started a battle before getting in an elevator or subway, played it when I knew I had zero connection, and then waited to finish it once connection was back and everything worked fine.

Yes, exactly! I am just wondering if that somehow changed with this update.
  • If this information work, the game always crash when i got a whatssapp notifcation. So maybe the game is crashing when other apps interfere, i let my phone playing alone the game is not crashing yet. redcrit.png
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    georgexlii wrote:
    Is it possible that the game crashes when internet connection cuts out, even if it is only for a second? I don't know an awful lot about programming, but different internet connections working differently as far as likelihood of crashes made me wonder.
    Seems unlikely. About 50% of my crashes happen as soon as the battle loads before I even have my first turn. I also had the game crash twice during the Under the Sea node in DDQ at the exact same moment--on the second wave when 2* Storm unleashed her second Wind Storm in a row but before the damage registered. Seems unlikely that a connection issue is the cause.