Comments

• ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Overpowered character released
    1 week later, fully covered and leveled Carnages start appearing in PVP
    1 month later, top end PVP cluttered with Carnage and 2 random
    2 months later, Carnage nerf announced. Mass uproar and rage quit threats

This cycle is getting so predictable that if they can't even see it coming, they fully deserve the incoming abuse in 2 months time.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    Carnage/Cyclops/Hulk. Or even Carnage/Hulk/featured.

Just sayin

Friendly abilities don't trigger Hulks black, otherwise Sentry's old green would have been pretty crazy with him.
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I
    Fans of Sentry’s sacrificial stylings will definitely find a place for Carnage on their teams.

Sentry is a character that utterly dominated the meta for close to 6 months after his release. It was absolutely impossible to compete in the pvp space without an optimally built sentry. It was so bad that he had to be nerfed into oblivion to rebalance the game. This quote shows that demiruge is aware of the similarities of this design and sentry. Why are they trying the same thing all over again? What is the reasonable argument that Carnage won't just become an essential feature of high-level pvp play? Am I just being too pessimistic because I hate self-damage as a mechanic?

Nope, I am there with you. Top players will use him for quick shield hops/defense, and those will be the people who will dominate PVP. With boosts you will only need 10 red ap to do 10k damage across their whole team. It's going to be a shark tank again when doing shield hops.

It's the Sentry fiasco all over again for all the same reasons.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now all we need is a Spider-Man that could actually go toe-to-toe with him and not just create lame protect tiles, stun ineffectually, and heal for no good **** reason.

/angry Spidey fanboy rant
  • Unknown
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Such a teen angst / mad at my Mom and Dad / I love blood and gore and Mortal Kombat, that has not been relevant nor prevalent since the 90s, SHOULD NOT be a 4* character. So, I truly hope that he is not.....

Too late for that. One of the pic has shown that his maxed level is 270, so he's settled as 4* character. icon_e_sad.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, I see Spider-Verse used. I see Eddie Brock mentioned. Wait a minute... Release 3* Venom (Eddie Brock). Make a new PvE, then call it Maximum Carnage. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:
    i'll accept all this....if it means we're also getting a spidey buff

otherwise..

men4g.jpg

One of these days Bag-Man will be buffed to level 270 and you will feel his powah. Fear the Bag.

Hahaha, I like jokes.

But seriously...

BUFF SPIDEY.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    That mention to Eddie Brock's Venom being a more powerful villain than 1* Venom, really gives me hope for a 3* classic Venom.

I am hoping for a new PVE.. Maximum Carnage! Buff Cap, Spidey, 1* Venom, Iron fist.. Reward us with a 3* Venom, Eddie Brock. Ah that would be great!
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Hey, I see Spider-Verse used. I see Eddie Brock mentioned. Wait a minute... Release 3* Venom (Eddie Brock). Make a new PvE, then call it Maximum Carnage. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Didn't see u made a similar post briefly before me. This just shows that this needs to happen!
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MFU wrote:
    So funny. Even before released, he nerfed.
    Happens with pre-release content. We're still balancing up till the second they're put out (and beyond really). A few previous preview characters have had the same thing happen. Sometimes it's because we're still actively doing balance passes as the info is put up, like this change. Other times it's because of direct user feedback. This particular change would have happened either way since it was internally led. You just wouldn't have seen it happen is all. icon_e_smile.gif

Just put red at 11-12, Supernova costs 11, does about the same AoE no target and ends the turn, because it's that powerful, how does something twice as powerful, cost 2 turns less of matches and not end the turn become remotely balanced?

You guys have said health matters as well, and he's got the 3rd highest hit point level. This is pay to win at its worst. Boost 4 red, 1 match I go off, pay more $ for health packs and not worry about shielding since no one would attack a Hulkbuster/carnage insert anyone team.

I love the flavor and style but this is Sentry all over again but with marshmallows and sprinkles

Not only is his health the 3rd highest but he doesn't even damage himself, just everyone else!

Plus after seeing Kingpin get feed Yellow, if we see Carnage get fed red I'm going to break my phone.. Fix goon feeding.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Weeklong pve for a new 4*. With Fury, IM40 and 2* torch as essentials. Sigh...
  • Unknown
    Options
    ICEX, thanks for releasing the info and even tweaking the character pre-release! I like those prereleases. That said, please nerf carnage further, as others have stated he is clearly overpowered and will dominate pvp. Then once everyone has carnage maxed and he comes up in every high end pvp match, and once we all start calling MPQ HB/Carnage Puzzle Quest, you will nerf (and for good reasons). We will tell you how unfair it is since we invested cash to compete in pvp, some of us will rage quit, others threaten a lawsuit, and you will do it again with another character.

Can we avoid this cycle? Makes everyone on edge and stops me from truly enjoying the game.

Carnage has high health, does tons of damage and his red is ridiculously cheap. I would suggest increasing the cost of his red to help balance him out a little
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ICEX, thanks for releasing the info and even tweaking the character pre-release! I like those prereleases. That said, please nerf carnage further, as others have stated he is clearly overpowered and will dominate pvp. Then once everyone has carnage maxed and he comes up in every high end pvp match, and once we all start calling MPQ HB/Carnage Puzzle Quest, you will nerf (and for good reasons). We will tell you how unfair it is since we invested cash to compete in pvp, some of us will rage quit, others threaten a lawsuit, and you will do it again with another character.

Can we avoid this cycle? Makes everyone on edge and stops me from truly enjoying the game.

Carnage has high health, does tons of damage and his red is ridiculously cheap. I would suggest increasing the cost of his red to help balance him out a little
    But think of those 65 point losses you wont be getting anymore. Honestly though, this character isn't even OP. He's good, but definitely not OP.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Carnage Rules - 11 greentile.png AP
    Carnage unleashes a torrent of piercing tendrils! Destroys 6 random tiles and deals 228 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Destroys 8 random tiles. Level 3: Destroys 10 random tiles. Level 4: Destroys 12 random tiles and deals 283 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Level 5: Destroys 16 random tiles and deals 328 additional damage for every special tile destroyed.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 10 tiles / 452 per special destroyed Level 4: 12 tiles / 560 per special destroyed Level 5: 16 tiles / 651 per special destroyed

Clarification please The random tiles that are destroyed, do they do any damage when they are destroyed? Like is this Juggernauts Green ability "unstoppable crash" that cost 6 Green AP? That Special tile destroyed stuff has a Doctor Octopus taint and raises the cost by 5 more green and is very random.
    Also does the special tile damage occur, if you destroy your own special tiles as well as the enemies? Like say the ones generated by the black passive?

Could you drop that special tile destroyed doctor octopus taint and charge 6 green like Juggy? After all, this guy is basically 4 star Juggernaut. Cheap Red does massive damage to opponent and damage to himself. Green seems almost identical, and well you added a passive. I am almost tempted to call Carnage "Lazy Juggernaut."

Also why do none of his abilities generate web tiles?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with actual character information instead of stubs. Also, the damage on levels 4 and 5 of Carnage Rules have been reduced slightly from the initial preview. icon_carnage.png

Curious to know why Carnage was chosen to be a 4* or in the game at all.
    We finally have a good spider man character, shhhhhh icon_e_wink.gif

Do you see web tiles? Nope. Sorry this is more like a four star Juggernaut.
  • Unknown
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with actual character information instead of stubs. Also, the damage on levels 4 and 5 of Carnage Rules have been reduced slightly from the initial preview. icon_carnage.png

Curious to know why Carnage was chosen to be a 4* or in the game at all.
    We finally have a good spider man character, shhhhhh icon_e_wink.gif

Do you see web tiles? Nope. Sorry this is more like a four star Juggernaut.
    So Carnage, A spider-man character, is not a spider-man character, because he doesn't use web-tiles?

Doc Ock doesn't use web tiles

Kingpin doesn't use web tiles

PS: You honestly WANT other spider-man characters to use web tiles?

PPS: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 1696,d.aWw
    Cyclopes wrote:
    I really like carnage. And would be willing to pay money for him even if he was bad because I like him. Just like I did for Cyclops. But sadly I won't be able to go to since he's a 4*

there's nothing stopping u from paying $ for Carnage
    whitecat31 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Carnage Rules - 11 greentile.png AP
    Carnage unleashes a torrent of piercing tendrils! Destroys 6 random tiles and deals 228 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Destroys 8 random tiles. Level 3: Destroys 10 random tiles. Level 4: Destroys 12 random tiles and deals 283 additional damage for every special tile destroyed. Level 5: Destroys 16 random tiles and deals 328 additional damage for every special tile destroyed.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 10 tiles / 452 per special destroyed Level 4: 12 tiles / 560 per special destroyed Level 5: 16 tiles / 651 per special destroyed

Clarification please The random tiles that are destroyed, do they do any damage when they are destroyed? Like is this Juggernauts Green ability "unstoppable crash" that cost 6 Green AP? That Special tile destroyed stuff has a Doctor Octopus taint and raises the cost by 5 more green and is very random.
    Also does the special tile damage occur, if you destroy your own special tiles as well as the enemies? Like say the ones generated by the black passive?

Could you drop that special tile destroyed doctor octopus taint and charge 6 green like Juggy? After all, this guy is basically 4 star Juggernaut. Cheap Red does massive damage to opponent and damage to himself. Green seems almost identical, and well you added a passive. I am almost tempted to call Carnage "Lazy Juggernaut."

Also why do none of his abilities generate web tiles?

u want him to be more OP? Why are u obsessed with web tiles?
  • Arsael
    Arsael Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    a SPider-ma 4* is needed
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dont mind Carnage as he is right now but only if Elektra is up-balanced to match Carnage in power and health. After all, she's supposed to be a 4*. Right now she's 3* tier. And the recent 4*s are all a whole lot better than her.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is pay to win at its worst.
    This is pretty much the best capsule review for this new character. Until and unless you guys ever change the health pack/healing mechanic, this sort of ability set is ****.

In the past, when many changes have been greeted by some with "because health packs", there has always been another segment of the community that would push back against the "conspiracy theorists". Not seeing ANY of that now, which suggests to me that the motivation behind this ability set is so transparent, there's no counterargument to be made. Somewhat refreshing that you've given up trying to be subtle, but that's not going to make the future meta suck any less.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    I dont mind Carnage as he is right now but only if Elektra is up-balanced to match Carnage in power and health.
    Why just her? There are plenty of 4s that don't match him in power and health. Ie, all but one.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    looks like he overslept lol

STILL NOT UP