Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is pay to win at its worst.
    This is pretty much the best capsule review for this new character. Until and unless you guys ever change the health pack/healing mechanic, this sort of ability set is ****.

In the past, when many changes have been greeted by some with "because health packs", there has always been another segment of the community that would push back against the "conspiracy theorists". Not seeing ANY of that now, which suggests to me that the motivation behind this ability set is so transparent, there's no counterargument to be made. Somewhat refreshing that you've given up trying to be subtle, but that's not going to make the future meta suck any less.

Whether it's an intentional move to up the use of health packs or just bad design, the result is the same - Sentry 2.0 but his best move has the major backlash damage of Supernova rather than the minor tickle of World Rupture. Not hard to see where that's going to lead.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Hopefully because they're reworking his red before putting his covers up as rewards. A bull in a china shop wouldn't produce anything half as broken as that move.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    shade_tree wrote:
    Hoping Carnage is similar - need some dangerous chars for balance.

Nah, D3 just looking for ways to sell more heals. icon_twisted.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    but wouldn't you like a stronger attack tile and just use red twice?

2x red deals 9.8 k to one and 3.6 k to everybody else. Not enough to finish most teams reallly. I first misread the red as 5 k to the enemy team / 2k to your team - that would have been the new sentry. But now i read it again it's become a lot less powerful.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options

I am hoping for a new PVE.. Maximum Carnage! Buff Cap, Spidey, 1* Venom, Iron fist.. Reward us with a 3* Venom, Eddie Brock. Ah that would be great!

If you read the interview, you'll learn that Carnage will debut in Iso Brotherhood event.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:
    I dont mind Carnage as he is right now but only if Elektra is up-balanced to match Carnage in power and health.
    Why just her? There are plenty of 4s that don't match him in power and health. Ie, all but one.

Because she's the worst 4* (in my opinion) and also because i have her max covered icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    but wouldn't you like a stronger attack tile and just use red twice?

2x red deals 9.8 k to one and 3.6 k to everybody else. Not enough to finish most teams reallly. I first misread the red as 5 k to the enemy team / 2k to your team - that would have been the new sentry. But now i read it again it's become a lot less powerful.

Or 7K to two and 3.6K to one. Even if you're facing two tanks, unless they have a Carnage of their own once you land that kind of damage it's going to be damn near impossible to lose the fight.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Overpowered character released
    1 week later, fully covered and leveled Carnages start appearing in PVP
    1 month later, top end PVP cluttered with Carnage and 2 random
    2 months later, Carnage nerf announced. Mass uproar and rage quit threats

This cycle is getting so predictable that if they can't even see it coming, they fully deserve the incoming abuse in 2 months time.

People have been parroting this for each 4* release (and some 3* ones!) since the nerfing of 4hor. It has yet come to pass ever since.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    said it was starting on the 4th. its almost 10am on the 4th and its not up not even the preview is up.. i wonder if

A they are pushing it back
    b. They are not going to have time slices
    C. they are going back to the old time slices
    D. they just forgot to add it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    said it was starting on the 4th. its almost 10am on the 4th and its not up not even the preview is up.. i wonder if

Maybe waiting for update to hit?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow... I guess they've learned absolute zero from sentry! They nerfed Sentry to slow down the very quick pvp fights! Someone care to explain to me how the hell is Carnage any different from pre-nerf Sentry?

Thing is the cost of that red is so low and there are currently so many red feeders its untrue! You got Cyclops who can feed red through his yellow and then there is Hulkbuster both his blue and black feed significant red if covered...

Yes we are going to see lots of carnage teams nuking the **** out of everyone in verses events! Just like pre-nerf sentry!

Done it yet again! This is just further evidence that the new characters aren't fully playtested and/or the development team is utterly clueless.

If anything this is just another character that STINKS of 'buy my covers whilst they're hot and we're gonna nerf you clueless when realise he's too OP'
  • slidecage
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

what update

i really love to see they scrap it and bring it back as an ultron event
  • Malcrof
    Options
    So would anyone use a red team up?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

what update

i really love to see they scrap it and bring it back as an ultron event

R77 is coming at some point in the near future i thought.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes!! Finally they brought in Carnage, always one of my favorite chars from the comics...I will be grinding this event for sure icon_twisted.gif
  • slidecage
    Options
    almost 10am and still nothing up the problem might be how they have PVE set up... if they programed it to be

7 day 4 day 3 day
    7 day 3 day 4 day
    7 day 4 day 3 day
    they had gaunlet running for 7 and then did a 3 day the system would then try to push out a 4 day event but they had brotherhood set for 7 it might of screwed up the system and they have to put it in by hand (what could be hours or days)

update just hit... no new PVE though
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If he stays as is, here is PvP for awhile

Carnage/loaner featured/doesn't matter for your team. You boost 4 red and green, and proceed to obliterate everyone as you push.

For defense you could use Hulkbuster, Cyclops, Hood, basically anyone that can accelerate red and no one attacks you.

What I can't wait for is Hulkbuster Overdrive triggering Carnage's Alien instincts to put attack tiles down with Hulkbusters strike tiles, plus Carnage can now use Symbiote Scythes which triggers alien again and then current target taking match dmg plus 2(354) then 4x103+2(354) for at least another 2K dmg as you end your turn.

This makes original Sentry seem tame
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is my question to the community who is saying 5,3, 5 build. Do you really think battles will last long enough to get 11 green? Sure if you plan on bringing Storm with you to fire hailstorm first it will down a character, but wouldn't you like a stronger attack tile and just use red twice? Is it the board shake to potentially get more red on a starved board? I originally though green did damage per tile not just special tiles, but now that I read it properly he looks like a red beast and that is his benefit. his green can be situationally powerful, but his black will keep people from using cheep powers that don't down people.

The gap from 3 covers to 5 covers is + 2X34 attack tiles, eg 68 damage. or 33% more. I'd generally be using the attack tiles to trigger extra damage with strike tiles, or using Xavier/Falcon to power them up, so their base strength doesn't matter as much. His green is something you'll probably use once per battle, and also somewhat counters an enemy Carnage.

The mirror PVP matches are going to be crazy.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    almost 10am and still nothing up the problem might be how they have PVE set up... if they programed it to be

7 day 4 day 3 day
    7 day 3 day 4 day
    7 day 4 day 3 day
    they had gaunlet running for 7 and then did a 3 day the system would then try to push out a 4 day event but they had brotherhood set for 7 it might of screwed up the system and they have to put it in by hand (what could be hours or days)
    I thought you said you weren't going to play this anyway, so why do you even care?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    That mention to Eddie Brock's Venom being a more powerful villain than 1* Venom, really gives me hope for a 3* classic Venom.

Ditto!!! The wording there seemed like the most obvious wink-wink foreshadowing I've ever seen in one of these interviews, and I'll be crushed if this doesn't wind up happening sooner than later.

I'd even be fine with ***Spidey being kept as-is if Eddie Brock is given moves that compliment Spidey's and encourage teaming up for web-tile synergy -- especially if a Maximum Carnage event happens down the road (which is a fantastic idea, everyone who suggested it!)