The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tales From The Gauntlet

Facing the first essential of the last group -- Gorgon, Devil Dino, and Hulk. I've got Mystique (required), 2* Magneto, and 3* Cap (about lvl 142 unboosted). My plan is to use Mags' purple to boost into Cap's blue (and red hopefully), and once that gets going, use the Mystique purple/black combo to lay the smack down.
    [...snipped for brevity...]

Just wanted to thank you for this play-by-play. Not only was it entertaining, but I was able to recreate it and beat that darn node - the last one left for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For those of you without whale points (I only have a 2 cover DP and something like 9k DPP), and facing L395 Ultrons, what I found worked was Max Critical Boost + Hulk + 3Thor + Surgical Strike team-up (to Ultron), but focusing on Loki first to get him low enough that he'd wipe from first COTS, then Ultron, then She-Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ares, Juggs, and Mystique. Any ideas that don't involve 4* other than XF? Thanks in advance.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those of you without whale points (I only have a 2 cover DP and something like 9k DPP), and facing L395 Ultrons, what I found worked was Max Critical Boost + Hulk + 3Thor + Surgical Strike team-up (to Ultron), but focusing on Loki first to get him low enough that he'd wipe from first COTS, then Ultron, then She-Hulk.

If Hulk is 166, match damage isn't enough to trigger Anger (525 match damage, he needs 574+ to trigger). Thor tanks red over him and a moderately leveled IW tanks green over him so I could only get him out front with black. With a really lucky cascade I managed to kill Loki but I was unable to deal with the bombs before I could kill Ultron.
  • Unknown
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:
    Ares, Juggs, and Mystique. Any ideas that don't involve 4* other than XF? Thanks in advance.
    I think I beat that with LCap/Cage/OBW. Denied red and green like crazy and kept using Cap's red. Purple is also very high on the list. Difficult node, but I guess I was lucky and beat it in first try. By the end, Cap was down, Cage had 300 health left and OBW was at ~1k. Her blue saved the day. icon_e_smile.gif
  • grifterx777
    grifterx777 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Woohoo! Got my HB! Thanks so much for the help, guys! The forums are a big help. Especially, when you're stuck. Did the last node with IW, Hood, and Lazycap. I went for Ultron first, Shehulk second, and then Loki.

Lazycap is my MVP. In the end, my Hood only had about 500 health, Lazycap had under 1000, and Sue with 7000. Loki still had 10000 plus health. I finally managed to store enough AP to to cast force bubbles and blow them up. Followed it up with Lazycap's red and boom! Hello, Hulkbuster icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    If Hulk is 166, match damage isn't enough to trigger Anger (525 match damage, he needs 574+ to trigger). Thor tanks red over him and a moderately leveled IW tanks green over him so I could only get him out front with black. With a really lucky cascade I managed to kill Loki but I was unable to deal with the bombs before I could kill Ultron.

He also tanks team-up tiles. But you're right about green. My IW is still only @ 148, but also only at 4 blue, so unable to freeze bombs, but I was still able to do it. Might not work for everyone, but just saying what worked for me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any further advice on the Hood/Hulkbuster/Iron Fist fight?

Still giving it some time to get my health packs back and allow everyone to heal up. Going to try again with Steve and...maybe Loki?
  • razput1n
    razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any tips for simulation 39? Blade, Punisher and Magneto lvl 315... they keep wrecking me and I have no whales icon_e_sad.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A cheaper team that I should've thought of sooner for the Ultron node: IW / LCap / MMags. Purple accelerates into red + blue, don't be afraid to use IW's blue to lock bombs if you can't get shields off in time. I'm boosting +2 all ap / +2 bp / +2 ry but I've had pretty high success rates.

Advanced tactics: If you're forced to use a shield to take out a bomb that is potentially matchable, stun She-Hulk over Loki. Priority to match red is dropped when she is stunned and potentially blue too (not sure if Ultron prioritizes blue).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Oh God I finally did it...

Daken, Mystique and Steve against Hulkbuster, Hood and Iron Fist.

I'd tried using Cyclops and that had kinda worked, but since he's only level 89 he died quick. Problem was always a case of the enemy getting their powers way quicker than me. When that failed I swapped Cyclops for Captain Marvel...but her only match tile was green and there were maybe 5 tiles on the board, so she couldn't generate enough red for me. No blues for stun and defense...ultimately failed.

So out of desperation I brought in Daken for some extra damage boosting. I managed to get reds pretty quick and took down Hood and thankffully I had some blues to start stunning and giving myself a break from the AP stealing and constant attack tile generation. I slowly whittled down IF to about 5000HP and noticed HB had 12 black...but not enough reds or blues yet. Stunned him, used Steve's red on IF. Mystique at this point had 106 health, Daken had about 2200 and Steve was around 3300. It felt kinda bleak, but I had some strike tiles down and enough reds and blues to maintain the onslaught. HB came out of stun and readied his overdrive...but Mystique had 13 purple and 12 black. So I whacked him for just over 10k damage. Shields returned, whacked him for another 5k damage, he was down to about 5k now. Just had to survive when he came out of his stun.

When his stun had failed, I knew someone needed to die, so I put Mystique out in front and prayed he wouldn't get a cascade. He used overdrive, made a match for yellow...and that was it.

He had about 2000 health left after that move. My shields came back, I bounced it off his stupid head...and won.

Only the second time I've managed to beat the gauntlet. First time in a long, looooooong time I've managed to get a 4* cover from a PvE reward (one time I came third, short by about 100 points). Also my first Hulkbuster cover! Now all I need is Professor X.

Well...also need Yelena and Venom, but they're far too rare to be worth bothering with.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Node 41: Fury, XF and Thoress. Any tips?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:

Standard fast or ap denial teams.

E.g.

Cage/Loki/obw
    Patch/Loki/blade
    Khan/Loki/Cage
    Khan/lazy cap/ Loki
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:
    Those three can hit hard... but are very slow to gather AP.
    I was surprised how efficient Cap/Hood/Loki were against them despites very low health of Loki and Hood: with two AP thiefs, you shouldn't see any enemy fire an ability!
  • igz
    igz Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having a very hard time with Gauntlet. On Sim 37 and am missing some essentials along the way. Think it may be time to start investing some of my iso on the 3* or figure out some interesting new teams to set a BP and HB cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    joecoolmd wrote:
    I was surprised how efficient Cap/Hood/Loki were against them despites very low health of Loki and Hood: with two AP thiefs, you shouldn't see any enemy fire an ability!

I am also concerned about their low health (Hood has the lowest health of any 3*) but I'll try it. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    joecoolmd wrote:

Standard fast or ap denial teams.

E.g.

Cage/Loki/obw
    Patch/Loki/blade
    Khan/Loki/Cage
    Khan/lazy cap/ Loki

Thanks for the ideas. I would love to try KK but mine is weak.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The final essential was a pain. I got destroyed 2 times in a row and retreated 3 others. finally, I gave up trying to win by earnings enough purple AP to whale the node. I found it impossible with both loki and especially she hulk draining me.

I had a Deadpool team up lying around so I went with Ms. Marvel with yellow and team ups boosted. I made sure to match every one of those two that I could. IW got killed by ultron as did Daken who I just threw into the lineup with the intention of sacrificing and would be able to use fairly quickly soon after because of his fast regeneration. Anyway, I able to cast strategic command and then looked to the heavens and said let it rain whales haha

It was one painful node to say the least.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    joecoolmd wrote:

Definitely this, that was pretty much my A-team for this event. Unbuffed, Steve's 166, Loki and Hood are 121. Once you've taken enough blue and start putting the blue protection tiles down (or even better, yellow), it doesn't matter what level Loki and Hood are. I got through that particular node with Steve losing about 3000 health. He tanked most of the nodes for Hood and Loki while they stole everything. They didn't get a single move off the whole time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:
    I used Cyclops, Groot, Hood
    Took Fury first because IMO demolition is the strongest threat, then XForce, Thor