The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:
    Any suggestions for Punisher, CMags and Blade that doesn't involve a 4*? thanks a lot.

I don't remember specifically who I used, but I'll often bring Captain Marvel against CMags, in case he casts his yellow. Or, since all 3 generate special tiles, I'll bring Doc Ock for his blue and black. Bring along an ap denier like Loki or Hood. Or Shulkie to steal special tiles, deny ap, and give an area attack -- which you can cast a lot if CMarvel's passive gets dinged.

I'd attack Blade first -- his purple at this level will decimate your team right quick -- then Mags, then Punisher.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:
    Any suggestions for Punisher, CMags and Blade that doesn't involve a 4*? thanks a lot.

Came close with Hulk/Patch/(She Hulk/Loki) but they kept running out of steam at the end. Hulk/Patch/Elektra worked well. Just owned it with Patch/Daken/Loki, build up black and green then berserker/trickery after a Magneto yellow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Remember guys, hulk bombing with KK and IF (max critical boosts) is still one of the best ways to kill an overscaled node.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I still have 5 essentials and node 42 to fight before completing gauntlet.
    <snip>
    I just have completed this node 42 at my first attempt using Cap/Loki/Hood

I knew this team was considered efficient in this thread but I didn't dare trying it since now because I was afraid to use two support char with low health and only one hitter. I must say, I couldn't have been more successful, almost suffered no damage icon_eek.gif .

Only once, the enemy team had an opportunity to fire a power: Hulkbuster had 9 blue AP ready to generate some red (and some punishment for me)... but Cap stunned him twice until his teammates stole those blue AP.

Consequently no enemy power was used and each enemy was downed, by 5000 hp slices, shield after shield icon_captainamerica.png

OK, time for the 2nd essential Starlord/Kingpin/Hood icon_twisted.gif

Edit: in Torch essentials, I used
      XF/Loki/Torch against Starlord/Kingpin/Hood XF/Loki/Torch against ProfX/4Thor/Fury
    Indeed, AP steal + Flame Jet work well against slow enemy character.
    Now, only the 3 last Mystique/IW essentials remaining, all 395 lvl.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm stuck on the next to last essential. I nearly beat it the first time, barely losing after the end of a very long match. Played it at least 15 times since, and get wiped in the first 5 rounds every time. Any advice welcome, beyond the obvious - delete my entire roster, and the game from my phone, and find some other pastime that I actually enjoy.

This is the HB / IF/ Hood node.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    I'm stuck on the next to last essential. I nearly beat it the first time, barely losing after the end of a very long match. Played it at least 15 times since, and get wiped in the first 5 rounds every time. Any advice welcome, beyond the obvious - delete my entire roster, and the game from my phone, and find some other pastime that I actually enjoy.

I assume you don't want an advice implying Deadpool's whales?
    I'm interested in the answer because I have reached this node too. I didn't try yet though.
    I can just share the teams I plan to try soon:
    Since now I was incredibly lucky with Lcap/Loki (or Hood, but impossible here).
    I'm curious about the efficience of a standard Hulkbombing Hulk/Patch or Hulk/LThor
    and maybe XF/cage to use the black generated by Mystique

As you tried several times, you might have already tried these teams...
    Could you share what are the main difficulties of the node?
    IF's attack tile is the first problem?

Hang on, don't throw your phone and good luck icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't have usable XF or Cage. I did try Hulk-bombing, but Hood just sucks up the green, and they don't deal enough damage to generate rage quickly enough before building up their red etc.. to sucker punch you (or they match the rage tiles).

In terms of whaling, I was saving those for Ultron, but kind of irrelevant, because except that first match, I can't build up AP to get off any powers at all before they unload, whether normal or team-up AP.

My Loki isn't high enough level to really be much use (plus I'm fairly certain they'd take him out just with IF's match damage.

Been mostly running that first team that I almost won with ( Cap / Mystique / Torch ). Using any non-boosted chars usually just causes them to get wiped by IF's green tile before they can be useful.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    I don't have usable XF or Cage. I did try Hulk-bombing, but Hood just sucks up the green, and they don't deal enough damage to generate rage quickly enough before building up their red etc.. to sucker punch you (or they match the rage tiles).
    I think Hulk/Patch is too much self damaging but I almost made it with Hulk/Thor
    IF's attack tile triggers Anger each turn and I fired call of the Storm many times, downing Hood then IF. Unfortunately, after two attempts, I never managed to prevent Hulkbuster to build AP and wipe out my team icon_e_sad.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I think Hulk/Patch is too much self damaging but I almost made it with Hulk/Thor
    IF's attack tile triggers Anger each turn and I fired call of the Storm many times, downing Hood then IF. Unfortunately, after two attempts, I never managed to prevent Hulkbuster to build AP and wipe out my team icon_e_sad.gif

Hulk/Patch worked really well every time I tried it (166 Patch + Hulk vs. 395 enemies). Use the +green/black damage, +all damage, +crit damage boosts that you probably have stocked up to 30. Having 5 covers in Anger is pretty much essential though, you'll be doing 1-2k damage AoEs per anger proc.
  • DrNitroman
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Hulk/Patch worked really well every time I tried it (166 Patch + Hulk vs. 395 enemies). Use the +green/black damage, +all damage, +crit damage boosts that you probably have stocked up to 30. Having 5 covers in Anger is pretty much essential though, you'll be doing 1-2k damage AoEs per anger proc.

I tried your method, it worked, thanks!!
    Indeed it was perhaps overkill because I actually used all the %damage boost available. A bit less would have do the trick I think.
    Hood died in 3-4 turns (I didn't count), then IF in 3 more turns, a few turns later Hulk died from his own anger... leaving an Hulkbuster with only 5000 health and an easy kill for Patch with 'Best there is'

I said it was a bit overkill but on another hand it's this quickness that prevent Hood to steal any AP icon_rolleyes.gif
    Anyway, you saved me 28000 DP points! icon_razz.gif

Edit: Done, I finished the Gauntlet by dropping some whales on this last Ultron node. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Good luck everyone for completing this event!
  • Unknown
    Options

Used Deadpool (5 black), Storm 2*, Mystique - all at lvl 94 vs lvl 250ish
    Was thinking to Whale but then I noticed Deadpool's Black regained more health than he lost to IF tile. So I targeted Hood and matched Blue. Stunned HB while taking out Hood. Targeted IF next. HB got enough black before I could take out IF so i used the stun I had saved for this. Matched enough Purple & Black for Mystique's combo to take out IF while HB was still stunned knowing he would be able to use Red once he came out and kill one of my characters. Decided to let Deadpool die since he had served his purpose and I didn't have enough red/purple covers to do much dmg with him. Chipped away until HB got black again. Sacrificed Storm since her colors were low. HB's self dmg from black brought him down to 2000ish health. Didn't have enough purple but was able to match black to fire Masterstroke and win with little health left.

Used that Whale on the final Essential! It was close though to accumulate enough purple. Had to make sure I saved matches for other characters to bring them to front so ultron bombs killed them rather than Deadpool.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just cleared 41 with L Cap, Blade and Hood. I don't think anyone has posted using this team so it's just a suggestion. Nightstalker + hood for AP denial and then cast blades purple. Hood kept cap supplied with enough red to cast off shots
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I got lucky and beat it with 166 Groot, 40 Mystique (single cover), 166 Loki
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stuck on IF/Hood/HB too.

Just had bad boards, really. IF getting lucky black cascades leading into Overdrive. Lack of reds in general, or the usual thing where there are no reds until you do your move, but that creates reds which the enewmy immediately matches away. The AI becomes way better at AP denial than you simply due to the awful board that only gives you a move or two anyway.

I really wanna beat this. Good thing is if I can't do it legit I have about 22,000 Deadpool points I should have enough points in a couple of days to whale it before the whole thing ends.
  • frachr
    frachr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yo ho! Finally beat the final essential against Ultron + Loki + She-Hulk. Steve Rogers and Hood made it happen!
    Thanks all!
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:

Finally worked, after two tries. Had previously tried that combo and quickly got wiped due to funtime (tm) cascades. Now just need to take down Ultron. Still considering whether or not the grind for 4*'s (and MPQ in general) is worth it. Thanks for the help!
  • Unknown
    Options
    joecoolmd wrote:

I don't remember specifically who I used, but I'll often bring Captain Marvel against CMags, in case he casts his yellow. Or, since all 3 generate special tiles, I'll bring Doc Ock for his blue and black. Bring along an ap denier like Loki or Hood. Or Shulkie to steal special tiles, deny ap, and give an area attack -- which you can cast a lot if CMarvel's passive gets dinged.

I'd attack Blade first -- his purple at this level will decimate your team right quick -- then Mags, then Punisher.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, CM, Doc Ock and SH are very low level for me. However, I will bring Hood or Loki and focus on Blade and CMags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    joecoolmd wrote:

Came close with Hulk/Patch/(She Hulk/Loki) but they kept running out of steam at the end. Hulk/Patch/Elektra worked well. Just owned it with Patch/Daken/Loki, build up black and green then berserker/trickery after a Magneto yellow.

Thank you for your input. My Hulk and SH are low and I only have 3 Elektra covers but I will definitely try Path, Daken and Loki.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In Alpine tactics I have left the essentials for the moment because I wanted how far I would be able to go with LCap/Cage/OBW, but the performance of the team has been admirable. When OBW is protected from the match damage, she is really great. I would love to use Loki, but, sadly, he is only lv 90 and I don't have enough ISO to level him high enough. The only nodes remaining are the 2 essential trees and the last node. I hope I can beat 5 of them and use Deadpool (currently with 62k points) for 2 troubling nodes. Most likely, one of them will be the IW essential because mine is only 70 3/3/3. Fingers crossed Mystique will be enough to make a difference despite she will be 110-120 once I spend some ISO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    joecoolmd wrote:

Patch, Daken, Loki crushed that team, took next to no damage and the enemy got no powers off!! Thanks a bunch!!