Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Come on, DAD... It's just one more slot. I mean look at how many YOU have...

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    20CP spent later

"Look at my 5* Kang cover! And it's blue!"

"..."

I look forward to his post in the best moment thread.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have found that just buying the slot in anticipation is a better course of action.
    1) You look like a generous parent.
    2) You don't have to listen to endless whining before buying it anyway.
    3) You get out of potentially more expensive future purchases because you already bought them something.
    4) You can use the "one for you, two for me" principle and buy yourself a new 5* cover.
    5) Kang will send you away if you don't.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like the plan but it does come with some good and bad:

1.) I'll take it out of his food budget...he needs to understand MPQ is suffering!
    2.) No amount of roster slots will stop endless whining
    3.) Damn it...too late...stupid Nintendo Switch...
    4.) I won't be able to afford that due to answer 3
    5.) That sounds quite a good option! Hit me Kang!

• DAZ0273
    Options

And now I am trying to bring a 5* Deadpool to a 3* Deadpool party in Deadpool Daily Quest...

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Getting nearly zip-zap-zop:ed to death on the 20/8 DDQ Mighty mighty Tossdown node. I think that little toad jumped at my Bullseye 12-14 times. The screen was nearly all charged tiles and I nearly bombed that one. Did not realise what a deadly combo Storms attacks and zip-zap was. Wonder if that was intentional?

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options

@qandols said:
    Getting nearly zip-zap-zop:ed to death on the 20/8 DDQ Mighty mighty Tossdown node. I think that little toad jumped at my Bullseye 12-14 times. The screen was nearly all charged tiles and I nearly bombed that one. Did not realise what a deadly combo Storms attacks and zip-zap was. Wonder if that was intentional?

Do you know what happens when a toad gets hit by lightning?!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LHammer said:

@qandols said:

Same thing that happens to everything else.

KGB

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Except that this time the toad stood for the deadly damage. But good references to the film.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023
    Options

@LHammer said:

@qandols said:

I googled this and Google didn't know apart from believing Storm BUT it did have a link to a Frog being hit by lightning! As I am already in too much trouble for posting pictures of things I will not do so but here is an excerpt from the story:

Extra crispy frog legs were on the menu after this unfortunate amphibian got struck by lighting during a storm Down Under.

Belinda Brustolin was at home in Girraween, in Australia's Northern Territory, with her four children and dogs when she saw a bright flash and the bolt struck an electricity pole in her front yard just 20m away.

While neither Brenda nor her children were injured by the near miss a green tree frog hiding in a power box attached to the pole wasn't so lucky.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With Omega Red entering the Latest Tokens, I pulled 50 of them, trying to get him some extra covers. The net pull rate was slightly above average, as I got nine five-stars. However the distribution was:
    7 Gwenom (now champed)
    2 Venomsaurus
    0 Omega Red

I guess you could call him Zero-mega Red.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I dunno if I’m just cursed or what, but thus far this year there has only been 1 pull session that I’ve had in Latest Legends where i had a higher 5* pull rate than what the 1 in 7 would suggest. Today I went 12/123 and only 2 of them were Omega Red and of course it would work out like that since he’s the main one I wanted to pull.

Anyone got some luck they wanna throw my way to get me out of this despair?

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

Last Sunday I unloaded my 102 anniversary tokens, on the theory that I could get enough roster slots and HP to handle the new covers I'd get. That part worked. It worked even better when I got another 2500 HP from the metasentials tokens.

One of the things I put in my new slots was a duplicate 1* Hawkeye, because I had a ton of red covers and a few purple and yellow. I got him to 3/5/2 and still had 5 reds on the vine. But, I'm thinking we've got lightning rounds coming up and I should easily be able to get the covers I need to ascend in a couple more days.

Since then I've gotten 6 more 1* Hawkeye covers. No points for guessing the color spread.

Yes, they're ALL red.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Adric1123 said:
    Last Sunday I unloaded my 102 anniversary tokens, on the theory that I could get enough roster slots and HP to handle the new covers I'd get. That part worked. It worked even better when I got another 2500 HP from the metasentials tokens.

One of the things I put in my new slots was a duplicate 1* Hawkeye, because I had a ton of red covers and a few purple and yellow. I got him to 3/5/2 and still had 5 reds on the vine. But, I'm thinking we've got lightning rounds coming up and I should easily be able to get the covers I need to ascend in a couple more days.

Since then I've gotten 6 more 1* Hawkeye covers. No points for guessing the color spread.

Yes, they're ALL red.

I still haven't got any 1* Hawkeye Yellow covers. None.

• sambrookjm
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Adric1123 said:

Yes, they're ALL red.

I've got a 5/5/2 2-star Wolverine just waiting for a third yellow cover to get champed. Currently, I've go sixteen covers saved for him. This is easily a new record for me...but at least we can save covers for 2-stars and above this time. My pre-saved covers Nick Fury started out 0/9/0, and eventually reached 2/13/1 before finally getting the proper cover distribution.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

If it's any consolation (and I'm pretty sure it won't be) I like "clowder of tinykitties" very much.

• sambrookjm
    Options

@DrClever said:
    If it's any consolation (and I'm pretty sure it won't be) I like "clowder of tinykitties" very much.

I'll take what I can get. :) That was the funniest name for a group of cats that I could think of, so I went with it.

I figured out that the odds of that happening were 3,000-to-1, since there are 60 1-star tokens, and a 1-in-50 chance of getting a four star off of a beginner support token.

• sambrookjm
    edited December 2023
    Options

Playing the Dr Doom PvP, I went against a Profe$$or X/5-star Cyclops team. After the first turn, thanks Prof X, my boosted Beta Ray Bill had lost 130K health, and the opposing team had:

10 / 8 / 22 / 14 / 6 / 12 / 11 AP

The icing on the cake is that I had enough blue AP, thanks to boosts, to cast BRB's blue. Several more cascades followed suit thanks to Cyclops and Doom, which gave me multiple protect tiles. The enemy team up? Loki's Trickery, which cost 11 AP.

Second turn AP totals:
    5 / 24 / 15 / 4 / 8 / 7 / 7

On the bright side, Hela stole a few green AP from the other team...