Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options
1178179181183184186

Comments

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,139 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Ouch. Right in the Monday's.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    You'll get 10 HP for it.
    Just like the daily rewards, where you're not sure if that's better than getting nothing.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Bowgentle said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    You'll get 10 HP for it.
    Just like the daily rewards, where you're not sure if that's better than getting nothing.

    Haha. I wasn't even suggesting getting in-game currency. Just stupid little badges or something to celebrate some of the more ridiculous RNG shenanigans that go on in this game.

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,139 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    I'm 3-for-3 in those, although not just today. (at least...not yet! There's still second half of the grind! :smile: I'd been 970+ a few times before, but this was the first one where I was literally the last person in.

  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    I'm 3-for-3 in those, although not just today. (at least...not yet! There's still second half of the grind! :smile: I'd been 970+ a few times before, but this was the first one where I was literally the last person in.

    My worst was like 994 but even then I joined a bracket that wasn't very competitive and still ended up in the top 20.

  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Logging in. > @SnowcaTT said:

    Well, in the other thread I say "DDQ, always, every day". So this is the corollary?

    Scaling has been preventing me from even playing PVE, so "not playing PVE again today" is right up there. MMR isn't much better, so "only seeing max teams all day long in PVP" is right up there also.

    Teams recovering health at end of matches would eliminate both of those problems and keep me having fun and playing. But having fun and lots of play are sort of the antithesis of the game philosophy around here, I think.

    Still logging in eight years after this thread began, that's my worst every day.

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,139 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    How about "Finish the round you entered at #1000 at #101" as a 2-for-1 bonus achievement?

  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    How about "Finish the round you entered at #1000 at #101" as a 2-for-1 bonus achievement?

    Oh wow. There is just no way to "Like" that post but the bonus badge idea makes me want to...

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    How about "Finish the round you entered at #1000 at #101" as a 2-for-1 bonus achievement?

    Omg! Insult to injury. The RNG gods really came for your soul this time.

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,139 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    How about "Finish the round you entered at #1000 at #101" as a 2-for-1 bonus achievement?

    Omg! Insult to injury. The RNG gods really came for your soul this time.

    I picked up Mortal Kombat 11 on a recent Steam Sale, and have been button mashing that for a while. I can suddenly picture the RNG God as Shang Tsung.

    FINISH HIM!
    Shang Tsung Wins.
    Fatality.
    Flawless Victory.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    Just joined Venom Bomb as Player #1000.

    There should be badges in the game for stuff like this.

    Join a PvE at #1000.
    AI hits you with a cascade that creates 5 or more critical tiles.
    AI downs your full 100k health character on turn 1.

    Stuff like that might actually make it fun.

    How about "Finish the round you entered at #1000 at #101" as a 2-for-1 bonus achievement?

    Omg! Insult to injury. The RNG gods really came for your soul this time.

    I picked up Mortal Kombat 11 on a recent Steam Sale, and have been button mashing that for a while. I can suddenly picture the RNG God as Shang Tsung.

    FINISH HIM!
    Shang Tsung Wins.
    Fatality.
    Flawless Victory.

    Your soul is mine!

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 782 Critical Contributor
    Options

    Cost myself a t10 in Hearts of Darkness(cl9) because I suck at knowing how much time I need for final clears. Either finish to quickly or run out of time. Looking forward to my next meltdown in The Hunt.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I lost a PvP match where the AI brought two 3* characters. I'm a 5* player.

    The AI's first move netted them around 60 AP. It was embarrassing.

  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    Cost myself a t10 in Hearts of Darkness(cl9) because I suck at knowing how much time I need for final clears. Either finish to quickly or run out of time. Looking forward to my next meltdown in The Hunt.

    I’ve always been terrible at that too. CL9 was a little bit easier for me to judge it as it wasn’t too difficult. It always seemed like the fastest i was able to get all my clears done were the times when i lost track of time and I needed to bust **** to get them all done quickly and somehow when I was playing at that level even if I started much later than normal on those hectic runs I was still able to complete it all just in the nick of time.

    Then of course I try and replicate that the next time and I’d either finish way early or late lol.

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,042 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Currently on a 5/88 streak pulling once Magik left.

    What's worse is that what I did get put HE to 4-0-0 with 3 covers worth of shards. There is probably no path to completing him now and I'm not sure of the others in Latest either given I'm 7+ covers short of where I should be (roughly 2 covers per character).

    KGB

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 782 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @bigjojo04 said:

    @WilliamK1983 said:
    Cost myself a t10 in Hearts of Darkness(cl9) because I suck at knowing how much time I need for final clears. Either finish to quickly or run out of time. Looking forward to my next meltdown in The Hunt.

    I’ve always been terrible at that too. CL9 was a little bit easier for me to judge it as it wasn’t too difficult. It always seemed like the fastest i was able to get all my clears done were the times when i lost track of time and I needed to bust **** to get them all done quickly and somehow when I was playing at that level even if I started much later than normal on those hectic runs I was still able to complete it all just in the nick of time.

    Then of course I try and replicate that the next time and I’d either finish way early or late lol.

    I call that my Quicksilver gear lol. It's saved me a time or two.

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,139 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Borstock said:
    I lost a PvP match where the AI brought two 3* characters. I'm a 5* player.

    The AI's first move netted them around 60 AP. It was embarrassing.

    I just lost a full-health boosted Apocalypse (235K health) in three turns to Shang-Chi/Thoress in a PvP match. It wasn't 60 AP, but it was a crazy number of red/purple matches in Cascade. Charged red match-4. Cascade. Purple match-5. Thor's blue. Monster Cascade. Shang Chi purple. Dead.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @sambrookjm said:

    @Borstock said:
    I lost a PvP match where the AI brought two 3* characters. I'm a 5* player.

    The AI's first move netted them around 60 AP. It was embarrassing.

    I just lost a full-health boosted Apocalypse (235K health) in three turns to Shang-Chi/Thoress in a PvP match. It wasn't 60 AP, but it was a crazy number of red/purple matches in Cascade. Charged red match-4. Cascade. Purple match-5. Thor's blue. Monster Cascade. Shang Chi purple. Dead.

    Sometimes you Shang-Chi, and sometimes you get Shang-Chi'd.