Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What a team - a 25%-ish health lvl 120 2* Wolverine, a lvl 140 Cap (the 2nd worst 2*?!?!?) and a 144 Bag Man (so useless anyway) somehow won that fight! I might need to put some iso into my 2 farm...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What a team - a 25%-ish health lvl 120 2* Wolverine, a lvl 140 Cap (the 2nd worst 2*?!?!?) and a 144 Bag Man (so useless anyway) somehow won that fight! I might need to put some iso into my 2 farm...

But what do you do with the ten 2* covers you get every day from opening tokens? 😮

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

But what do you do with the ten 2* covers you get every day from opening tokens? 😮

All of the other 2* are sitting fully covered with a stack load of saved covers at lvl 15 awaiting precious, precious iso.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    If you're fast on open, you can actually watch the leaderboard to see who's playing it safe and who the biggest daredevils are. If you need to make up a few points, you can hold for a bit. There's really a lot of strategy to it, much more than it may seem.

Okay, you've almost sold it to me.

If there was a way of making it look like you were taking an approach you weren't in order to lure people into a particular course of action that would eventually favour you then I might consider it.

I probably wouldn't actually do it, cos there's other games that have that in the base gameplay, but it would get a far as 'maybe'.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@DrClever said:

@entrailbucket said:
    If you're fast on open, you can actually watch the leaderboard to see who's playing it safe and who the biggest daredevils are. If you need to make up a few points, you can hold for a bit. There's really a lot of strategy to it, much more than it may seem.

If there was a way of making it look like you were taking an approach you weren't in order to lure people into a particular course of action that would eventually favour you then I might consider it.

I probably wouldn't actually do it, cos there's other games that have that in the base gameplay, but it would get a far as 'maybe'.

THAT kind of strategy happens in PvP. I guess it's not part of the base gameplay, but it's what makes the base gameplay actually fun, and not mindless drudgery punctuated by random points loss.

Unfortunately very few players are playing PvP strategically these days -- the big truce rooms and the cupcake-industrial complex have removed all that from the high-end metagame.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DrClever said:

@entrailbucket said:

THAT kind of strategy happens in PvP. I guess it's not part of the base gameplay, but it's what makes the base gameplay actually fun, and not mindless drudgery punctuated by random points loss.

Unfortunately very few players are playing PvP strategically these days -- the big truce rooms and the cupcake-industrial complex have removed all that from the high-end metagame.

Probably because 90% of the people playing pvp would have just stopped playing the mode without an easy road to 1200.
    For those that enjoy it, there's always s2 and s5.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just got Shang-Chi'd in the Magneto PvP, courtesy of an Illusions team-up. The resulting matches and cascades after the board shake took out Chasm, who then regenerated, and then took him out again despite the other team being stunned.

To quote Ron Burgundy: "Heck, I'm not even mad. That's amazing!"

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    Just got Shang-Chi'd in the Magneto PvP, courtesy of an Illusions team-up. The resulting matches and cascades after the board shake took out Chasm, who then regenerated, and then took him out again despite the other team being stunned.

To quote Ron Burgundy: "Heck, I'm not even mad. That's amazing!"

You ate a wheel of Chis?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Whelp...I'm in Riri stunlock. Absolutely nothing I can do. Well apart from get stunned and slowly die of course.

• DAZ0273
    Options

That kid is frickin' Nostradamus coz Omega Red just killed the hell outta me in SCL10 5E third clear...ouch.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    That kid is frickin' Nostradamus coz Omega Red just killed the hell outta me in SCL10 5E third clear...ouch.

Lesson #1 I learned in that node - Never bring Half Thor into a fight vs Omega Red.

Lesson #2 I learned in that node - Even a boosted Shang-Chi can get his butt whooped when the board has very few red and purple tiles on it.

Lesson #3 I learned in that node - My 4-star Thor, boosted this week, is a higher level than my 5-star Thor...and she doesn't do much against Omega Red either.

Lesson #4 I learned in that node - Kitty and BRB still work well together.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So completely out of nowhere my 13 year old son has decided to start playing MPQ again (he last played when he was like 7 or something I think) and this has led to him asking all these roster building questions that I have no idea about and generally being annoying.

This is a podcast I'd listen to.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cap's PvP, vs boosted Phoenix Jean and Surfer. First turn, AI makes one match and the cascade gives them 16 purple.

By the end of turn 2, they had 20 red.

I still managed to win, but it was close.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Class of 2015 Event Quests. I was clicking through too fast and for the pick reward, I selected Carnage, instead of the 5* Phoenix shards. The shards would have given me a champ level and 25 CP

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

Only got two 5* in 36 pulls from latest

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Next he'll demand that you buy him some HP, so he can roster that Kang.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Next he'll demand that you buy him some HP, so he can roster that Kang.

Oh I can definitely see that one coming...