Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Cost myself a t10 in Hearts of Darkness(cl9) because I suck at knowing how much time I need for final clears. Either finish to quickly or run out of time.

That just shouldn't be part of the game - it baffles me that anyone thinks it's okay. It surely can't be fun.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DrClever said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Cost myself a t10 in Hearts of Darkness(cl9) because I suck at knowing how much time I need for final clears. Either finish to quickly or run out of time.

That just shouldn't be part of the game - it baffles me that anyone thinks it's okay. It surely can't be fun.

It's not a lot of fun that's for sure. But it does work both ways. In Honor Among Thieves I got t5 because a couple others who usually finish ahead of me probably didn't hit all there clears.

Hearts of Darkness just stung a lot harder because it was for the new 5* release shards and I couldn't keep myself btwn 3-10. Oh well. It happens.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

It's not part of the game, it's basically the entire game.

Competitive PvE (since the last scoring overhaul, many years ago) is "The Price is Right." The winner is whoever can correctly guess closest to their actual grind time, without going over.

I kind of hate it too, but mostly because I'm so bad at it. I'd always freak out and go too early. If you're fast on open, you can actually watch the leaderboard to see who's playing it safe and who the biggest daredevils are. If you need to make up a few points, you can hold for a bit. There's really a lot of strategy to it, much more than it may seem.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why are players who can play 10 playing 9? Don't you want the progression shards or do you not need them?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think maybe because they can't fit 10 into their schedule?
    Maybe?
    Beats me.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Why are players who can play 10 playing 9? Don't you want the progression shards or do you not need them?

I used to because I couldn't be bothered spending the extra time and because I had mostly baby-champed 5's.

Once they changed the number of clears to make it more even, and as my roster got stronger, I eventually made the jump.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Placement. It's basically only worth it for new 4* covers, though, I think? It may not be anymore.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

I'm in no rush to move up. I'm well aware I have the roster to do so, but I like where I'm at. Did go from cl8 to 10 in pvp a couple seasons ago. Finally got the competition I've been looking for.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Placement. It's basically only worth it for new 4* covers, though, I think? It may not be anymore.

Pretty sure it's not because for new 4* releases the T200 get a cover compared to the T100 normally. You can sleepwalk to T200 in CL10. Plus of course they rain down 4* shards and covers now for new 4* releases so any semi-regular player can champ a new 4* in a few weeks time or less.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    I'm in no rush to move up. I'm well aware I have the roster to do so, but I like where I'm at. Did go from cl8 to 10 in pvp a couple seasons ago. Finally got the competition I've been looking for.

Competition in where you finish on the leaderboard? You want that? Coz SCL10 means nothing in terms of who you can fight against.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Well I guess? The game seems to throw so many 4* covers at me these days that it seems harder not to cover them than it does to cover them. If that is not the case with players who can play SCL10 then I guess I could just be clueless about it.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

LoL. There is no higher general progression. You have a choice pick 3 4* covers in scl 10 or 2 3* covers with no shards.

If you are in 10 there is no choice push for 4* shards or get boned.

If you run 9 then skip the 5* shards.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Competition in where you finish on the leaderboard? You want that? Coz SCL10 means nothing in terms of who you can fight against.

Heck yeah! That's fun for me. Plus I can gage myself against some the top pvp players.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One of our Alliance Commanders quit the game today after almost 10 years. Sad times.

I know they still read the forum though so hopefully they will return at some point.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Pretty sure it's not because for new 4* releases the T200 get a cover compared to the T100 normally. You can sleepwalk to T200 in CL10. Plus of course they rain down 4* shards and covers now for new 4* releases so any semi-regular player can champ a new 4* in a few weeks time or less.

KGB

Yeah, I remember it being more common (players dropping down to 9 to take placement) when new 4* covers were still pretty rare.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just noticed that this event was giving out shards for the new 5-star instead of Odin...who is one of the half-dozen classic 5-stars I don't have champed. Guess I'll need to wait another year and a half for his next event to get that half-cover.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Why would the next event give out Shards for the 5 that was essential last event?
    Oh you're talking about Florida.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    Just noticed that this event was giving out shards for the new 5-star instead of Odin...who is one of the half-dozen classic 5-stars I don't have champed. Guess I'll need to wait another year and a half for his next event to get that half-cover.

Just favourite him. You can get 625 shards after a few pulls from the LL store based on my recent experience with bonus shards!

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

Or buy the Odin cover from the Hero for Hire store before the event ends tonight.

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

Good lord my 2* just got brutally taken apart in Third Time's the Charm! I rarely even bother playing the 1 & 2 nodes but thought - "I will have a little dabble today". Utter destruction!!! :(

Actually I just had a proper look at my 2* and I only have 6 champed and two of them are Bag Man...