Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where did those additional slots go to?

1-star: 1
    2-star: 14
    3-star: 47 x 2 = 94
    4-star: 107
    5-star: 50
    Total: 266

Dupe 4*?
    Call it the Pokemon Syndrome.
    All 1-stars, dupe 2 and 3 stars (3x of a couple of 3 stars).  No dupe 4-stars yet; Carol's my closest but she's about 25 or so levels away.

The 2-star dupes might be going bye-bye, since SCL 10 doesn't use them at all.  That's only going to delay the inevitable, though.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hitting the 300 roster spot barrier, so now my additional characters cost 2000 HP instead of 1000.  Lovely.
    I'm at 282 and still need to roster Onslaught and Adam Warlock. :( But for my personal "worst moment" which is ongoing, it's been over a month and a half since Apoc has been in my shard store. Stuck at 9 covers, 120 shards away from cover #10.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You are in the exact same situation as helix72, except he got 3x 47 3*. If I roster 3 dupe 3* like you guys do, I would have hit 300++ slots now.

If you drop one of each of your dupe 2* (save for those 3 for DDQ) and 3* (kept at 2 max), you will free up up to 61 roster slots. I think you are also in 5* land but maybe our MMR is different even though I'm in 5* land. I find that my 3* hardly get damaged unless you are climbing on the back of opponents' iHulkoye team. If you also play SCL 10, duped 2* are not needed.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    As a 4* player I can tell by expierence that at some point, when you have enough 4*, the number of 3* at higher levels become inrevelant. It does not matter wheter your 3* is 186 or 254 as usually the heavy lifting is done by the other 2 characters you will use.
    With exception for Strange.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm at 282 and sold off my max champed 3s so that I don't enter the 300+ roster slot realm. I found there is no real need for the max champed 3s anymore. So I hold on to them until I can champ a dupe 3 then sell off the max champ.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After going through hundreds of Nefarious Foes opponents, I learned 14 characters are all you need to play the game successfully. And 90% of this game is considered useless by players.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After going through hundreds of Nefarious Foes opponents, I learned 14 characters are all you need to play the game successfully. And 90% of this game is considered useless by players.
    For the most part, I agree. People like collecting things and this game is no different. There are some events that require certain characters to get all possible rewards. If you care about that, then definitely collect'em all. Otherwise, use what you need to get ahead, then get rid of the stuff you no longer need. That is especially true of someone who spends money to get to the top rather than grind. Grinders need those resources to get more resources (i.e. farming). Even though, I am willing to spend money occasionally, I'm mostly a grinder.
  • Akoni
    Options
    I just finished the Unstable Iso-8 event precisely 76 points shy of getting the last few shards for Throg because of a slight miscalculation. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Also under confirmation bias: I swear that everytime I face Pr5f X, he gets all the match-4's and match-5's, but whenever I play him nothing. 
    As someone who just had 4 match 5's fall from the sky off simple match 3's during one match in the Ant-Man vs Teen Jean Crash of the Titans, I don't think it's confirmation bias...  :)
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Upgraded a phone - old is a bit too old and started to lack and function badly. Learned that MPQ CANT be downloaded and installed in Huawei because there is no Play Store - there is AppGallery in which it not avaible to be downloaded yet.
    Working progress it is. And most likely I will fail and end uo using old phone.

Litterally a downfall.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
     I'm on a 70+ streak of LT opened without a single 5*. Lucky me, I guess.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    kk3thess said:
     I'm on a 70+ streak of LT opened without a single 5*. Lucky me, I guess.
    As someone who went 0/73 at one point, I can sympathize...

Today's lesson from the Behemoth Burrito:  A max champed 2-star Storm tanks green for a max-champed 3-star Thor.  73-65.

Today's not-so-much lesson from the Behemoth Burrito:  Emma Frost is nearly useless.  Two of her three repeater tiles were matched before they did anything.
  • Akoni
    Options
    As someone who went 0/73 at one point, I can sympathize...

Today's lesson from the Behemoth Burrito:  A max champed 2-star Storm tanks green for a max-champed 3-star Thor.  73-65.

Today's not-so-much lesson from the Behemoth Burrito:  Emma Frost is nearly useless.  Two of her three repeater tiles were matched before they did anything.
    I am so disappointed in Emma. Such potential. Such a waste. Hopefully she gets a boost to get her caught up. She doesn't need to trump Polaris, but at least be competitive. 

4* Panther is another useless favorite of mine.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Needed 40 pulls from the Taco Vault:Spicey to get the four-star cover

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went 29 elite tokens without a single 3*. I sometimes pull a couple of elite tokens and tell myself to stop when i get a 3* (or the second 3*). I pulled and I pulled with growing disbelief. I ended up pulling all 29 I had at that moment, and as I said, no 3*. I have never had such an abominable streak there.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d just like to say I hate Iceman, as a character who destroys both your blue and Teamup AP , it’s basically 4 against 2 in PvE battles 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Good news - I got a 5-star character in today's rewards.

Bad news - It was Wasp.

Worse news - It was her yellow cover, putting her at 4/6/3.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually dread logging into MPQ on a daily basis and finding out how many 100's of points I am getting slapped for in SHIELD Sim since my 5* adventure began. Will I ever see 2000 points again? Lol. I am going to have to totally figure out a new way of climbing & floating if this is the new norm. Either that or just abandon Pick 3 PvP - it is the silliest of the PvP's after all!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I actually dread logging into MPQ on a daily basis and finding out how many 100's of points I am getting slapped for in SHIELD Sim since my 5* adventure began. Will I ever see 2000 points again? Lol. I am going to have to totally figure out a new way of climbing & floating if this is the new norm. Either that or just abandon Pick 3 PvP - it is the silliest of the PvP's after all!
    Since champing my first 5* I never reached 2000 points in Sim. Instead, I play about 3 matches each day playing a silly team and actually having fun while doing it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Just curious, what's your top 5 champed 5*? I believe we are in similar MMR and I see tons of easy wins like 

Kitty, polaris + r4g or BRB

Which enables me to hit 2000.