Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sharp Dressed PvP vs a Thorkoye team. I have Hulkoye.
    I can down Thor with Breaker, but I have to target him. I click twice and hit red in rapid, brain-off, succession. My phone doesn't register the second click. I down Wolvie instead.
    AI Thor is now below half health. They get 5 more turns, during which Thor soaks up all the green each time. There's never more than 3 green on the board the rest of the match on my turn, and no red matches available. I just have to sit there while the AI dunks on me.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    I can down Thor with Breaker, but I have to target him. I click twice and hit red in rapid, brain-off, succession. My phone doesn't register the second click. I down Wolvie instead.
    AI Thor is now below half health. They get 5 more turns, during which Thor soaks up all the green each time. There's never more than 3 green on the board the rest of the match on my turn, and no red matches available. I just have to sit there while the AI dunks on me.

This is why I never run Holkoye vs Thorkoye. I prefer Thorpocalypse and always take out the enemy Thor last. And I wait to fire Apoc’s black until I have enough Red to finish Thor off as the random targeting seems to work against me.
  • Borstock
    helix72 said:
    Borstock said:

This is why I never run Holkoye vs Thorkoye. I prefer Thorpocalypse and always take out the enemy Thor last. And I wait to fire Apoc’s black until I have enough Red to finish Thor off as the random targeting seems to work against me.

I just bring red AP and use Breaker on Thor. It works most of the time, as long as the game picks up my dang inputs.
  • Borstock
    PvP vs a weak Polaris and BRB.
    AI makes ONE MOVE. Nets 27 green and 21 blue. Board COVERED in protects.
    Yeah, I lost.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    PvP vs a weak Polaris and BRB.
    AI makes ONE MOVE. Nets 27 green and 21 blue. Board COVERED in protects.
    Yeah, I lost.
    I am confident that the AI at higher levels makes moves according to the tiles that will fall after. Of course, I have no proof, but deep down I think we all think the same thing.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    My mistake of the day. A simple mistake. PvP versus Apocalypse Polaris BRB. I attack with my beloved Gritty Polaris team. But my mistake I cycle too fast not 2 but 3 chars, attack with two matches in a row. If only Enemy Polaris was in front....ouch. Apocalypse wasn’t really hurt, but the following move built up so much damage and  strike tiles with a view cascade that I was ☠️  ☠️ ☠️ Within a few moves.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing that this current PvE gives Magn5to shards...

... and I'm at 495 shards for Heimdall.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Played the Cosmic Chaos 5E node with Kitty/Grocket/Gamora. Everything looked under control until they used their team-up: Gamma Powerbomb. The following cascade killed Okoye from full health and Half-Thor leaving only BSSM standing.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    I spent a total of 1000HP on healthpack and another 300HP on +1 all boost in SCL 10 in the previous event.   :'(
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I spent a total of 1000HP on healthpack and another 300HP on +1 all boost in SCL 10 in the previous event.   :'(
    Spicy vault has 12 +1 all boost. Might come in handy for a next SCL10 event.
  • HoundofShadow
    I had only 3 Spicy Tokens? at that point of time because I was trying to clear the vault to get 4* cover. I think I will hoard for 40 days to prepare for SCL 10.  :D 
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Champ'ed 5* captain marvel and three hour later she got nerfed never even got to play her 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:

I mean it's not that bad. That's just two legendary pulls and you'll get the cover. For me I'm at 461/500 and the game refuses to give me iHulk in the shard store. :( And I can't pull legendaries because I'm hoarding.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Why won't the game let me pull Samurai Daken's red cover!?! I'm at 0/2/4 and fear I won't get one before he's pushed out of latest legends. :(
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    PiMacleod said:

I mean it's not that bad. That's just two legendary pulls and you'll get the cover. For me I'm at 461/500 and the game refuses to give me iHulk in the shard store. :( And I can't pull legendaries because I'm hoarding.
    You're not wrong -- but I won't target him.  I'm busy with other targets.  I've got 3 5*s at 495, for the record.  They'll get their shards when they do... I'm not gunning for them.  I will not break my plans.  :P
  • Borstock
    What do you mean "greater care"? What makes you think it was anything but intentional?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    What do you mean "greater care"? What makes you think it was anything but intentional?
    Spoken like someone who has never lost a wounded Thor to a random Punisher's Retribution Team Up... :'(
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    Of course it’s intentional. They never change during the event.  Just like the Crash of the Titans node used to have a fixed TU and they gave Thor’s red for 3* Cyclops in Wolverine’s. They might be randomised before being programmed into the node (dartboards?), but they could still decide not to include certain TUs in the decision making process.

I still don't understand your point. Why would they? Short of maxed whales, what would their motivation be for excluding any TU?
  • Borstock
    Borstock said:
    Spoken like someone who has never lost a wounded Thor to a random Punisher's Retribution Team Up... :'(

Um, no? I've been playing a very long time. If it's something that can happen, it has probably happened to me at some point.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited December 2020
    I interpret it as he hopes that the dev don't intentionally select teamups for enemies that could turn the tide of matches, especially in challenge nodes. For example, giving opponents cheap teamup that stuns your team or characters.