Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I think OJSP's theory about series of losses notification and bad board could be plausible. I experienced this in only slice 2 and slice 5. Your board will turn into trash, you will be getting useless colours and your match will be crawling. When you finally win or lose the match, you will get at least 4 notifications about losses. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

helix72 said:
    Seeing Gambit fight alongside Sentinels in DDQ. Is nothing sacred???

Seriously! I was just "Remy! What are you doing working with these things?!?!"

Gambit will do anything for some bucks. You can take the Gambit outta the swamp but he is still filled with 'Gators and swamp rats.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    After taking out Green Goblin from the enemy team, Onslaught's Psychic Blast ability against an Assassin and Grenadier will turn all of the tiles in the row and column of your choice from their strongest color (Green) to their weakest color (Green)

Well...that's helpful.  Thanks.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Just so anyone who doesn’t knows, the effect @sambrookjm mentions is due to the fact that most goons do not have a strong/weak color.
     I agree, it is super helpful...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Taking Thor into the CN to inflict some self-harm and get him under 1/2 health, only to have the AI's opening cascade down him instantly.
  • sambrookjm
    helix72 said:
    Taking Thor into the CN to inflict some self-harm and get him under 1/2 health, only to have the AI's opening cascade down him instantly.
    If I had an LT for every time that happened, all of my 5-stars would be champed.  :(
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    8 pulls in LL and 12 pulls in Fan Favorites : ZERO 5*. Major, major bummer.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    Anniversary.

50 4*  from pulls, vaults, progression and whatever and not a single 5* cover since Anniversary started. Just few shards. Not even bonus shards for 5*. The luck has gone...

39 Pulls in Ani vault. Not a single HP or Taskmaster. I got all Howards, half the Dinos. And 4/7 of Deadpool. Last year I at least got two HP tokens...

Really?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    The last three times I’ve fired Okoye’s Yellow, not only did I not get a single TU insta-match, I was left with a board where I couldn’t make a single team up match. However, when recently  fighting Okoye and the enemy fired their Yellow, they got an insta-match 5 TU that led to a cascade for an insta-match 4 TU. Let me tell you how that Hulkoye battle worked out...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had that thing in the 5e Wolverine node against those stupid Sentries. The fighter cause cascades after cascades that downed Okoye after three moves. Not a TU in sight, the sentries matched them all. I retreated and had at least halfathor for the effort. Heal up Okoye and this time I had the board and won.
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    Juggernaut being killed. By Howards Purple. 3 Times. Because Howard is useless? Far from! Not to mention that he is not nearly as much powerfull from my side. Despite being 283. Why? Cause my invisibility tiles are putted into placed easily destroyed when I finally put them? Like in the middle and hi in the corner? Cause I can not chase purple because Chavez/Karnak Abundance in PVP will shred my Howard in 1-2 moves so  I HAVE TO put Juggs in front?
    Sadly, the fact that we can target specific target on ofense is backfiring here cause its lose/lose condition. If I target Howard, Chavez will shred me. If I target her, Karnak will shred me. If i Target Karnak Its Howard. Not to mention the fact that defense teams do not have to worry about health packs. Always ready to face 100 teams at the same time and right after.
    And I am fighting Chavez/Karnak 90% of the time.

Felt relieved by writing it here. See ya guys&gals.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    The last three times I’ve fired Okoye’s Yellow, not only did I not get a single TU insta-match, I was left with a board where I couldn’t make a single team up match. However, when recently  fighting Okoye and the enemy fired their Yellow, they got an insta-match 5 TU that led to a cascade for an insta-match 4 TU. Let me tell you how that Hulkoye battle worked out...
    I always feel like Okoye's yellow has been programmed in such a way that it will more often prefer placing TU tiles in places where they will not cause an immediate match. I know this could just be confirmation bias on my end, but I prefer to believe otherwise :mrgreen:

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I didn't know whether to put this in best moment or worst moment. I champed Polaris today. She's awesome and punches well above her weight, even in the challenge nodes in CL10. 

I'm post-iso now. I have everyone in the 4*s and 5*s soft-capped or champed. I have my 2 and 3* farms up and running. I feel a bit empty actually. It's an achievement, certainly, but now I'm not sure what my motivation is to keep running on the hamster wheel. I didn't realise how conflicted I would end up feeling at this point. It took such a long time to get here but now... now I don't know if I can be bothered to keep on going.
  • sambrookjm
    For the only time since last anniversary, Taskmaster is in the Deadpool Daily vault, and I've got 300+ tokens ready to claim so I am guaranteed his cover.  I open the vault...and it's his red cover.  For my 5/4/3 Taskamster.

How about shards in the vault?  Pretty please?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feeling nauseous after facing America Chavez and Karnak/Juggernaut more than 200 times, even though they are easy wins.  :|
  • Mr_F
    For the only time since last anniversary, Taskmaster is in the Deadpool Daily vault, and I've got 300+ tokens ready to claim so I am guaranteed his cover.  I open the vault...and it's his red cover.  For my 5/4/3 Taskamster.

How about shards in the vault?  Pretty please?

Reset the vault?
  • Mr_F
    Was chasing Taskmaster this year. Got him from 0/0/0 into 5/3/5. I need just ISO to champ.

Worst part: All the 3 covers from Anniverary vault were in the last 40 pulls. I had 90 pulls done and still lacking the last cover there. I bought 10 pack with HP which I got by breaking the Taco Vault. It was the last one pull of this ten pack. The 100 pull.
    Literally, I had to empty the whole vault. And buy the offer with 2/2/2 build.
    Heh.
  • sambrookjm
    Now a "Worst MPQ" moment so much as a "First World MPQ" problem...

I chose Polaris and Okoye as Venom's teammates in Deadpool vs MPQ Ultron/Carnage/3-star Doc Ock node.  As you would expect, Polaris was having a field day with all of the special tiles generated by that team, and she also teams amazingly well with Venom.  He gives them protect tiles whenever damage gets dealt.  You match them, and get protect tiles of your own.  I noticed that I had Okoye needed some healing, so I used her yellow.  It healed, but literally every other tile on the board was a special tile, so no new team-ups appeared.

As I said...  First World MPQ problem. :)
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Played quite a lot this anniversary, reached full progression in season and simulator. But I am now at 395 shards for Devil Dino with no more shards on the horizon. Do I really have to wait a whole year for 5 shards? This is ridiculous. You should be able to favourite limited characters during anniversay. 
  • Mr_F
    For the same reason I skipped chasing 350 Howard shards in SCL just to be missing 25 for a cover. Still 10 covers for him during Ani is good.