Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I actually dread logging into MPQ on a daily basis and finding out how many 100's of points I am getting slapped for in SHIELD Sim since my 5* adventure began. Will I ever see 2000 points again? Lol. I am going to have to totally figure out a new way of climbing & floating if this is the new norm. Either that or just abandon Pick 3 PvP - it is the silliest of the PvP's after all!
    Since champing my first 5* I never reached 2000 points in Sim. Instead, I play about 3 matches each day playing a silly team and actually having fun while doing it.

That sounds like a plan. I am still in the giddy lovestruck stage of 5* land right now, so it is not crushing me or anything but having nothing but reds on the board does put a downer on your day when you are not playing the retal game!
    I have long wondered why we slog through SHIELD Sim for a 4* cover we will eventually get elsewhere much more easily. Then again - I still scratch my head at Lightning Rounds!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I have 4 champed 5* at present (more to come with iso gain) - Apocalypse (450), Kitty (451), Prof X (451) and BRB (450). When JJ is champed she will be 454.
    There isn't necessarilly an issue with a lack of teams to fight, even some of the red retals are fine but basically I am adjusting to the new MMR which seems to have me exposed way above the basic noob 5* level - I got hit by a 480! Judging by who is hitting me, I am being used to climb by a lot of players on a daily basis any time I pop my head up above around 1400. Previously I was used to being able to float at or around 1500-1600 and even then if the hits came in it wasn't for 150+ per day.
    The 5* game is a whole new, uhm, game so I will have to experiment and re-learn stuff. I did OK in the PVP Matchmaking event and haven't yet started climbing in Top Gun so we will see how it goes and if it is just SHIELD Sim I need adjusting to.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those four 5* and a couple 4* like Sabretooth and Polaris will serve you well in your climb to 2000. Have fun while moving up.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have 4 champed 5* at present (more to come with iso gain) - Apocalypse (450), Kitty (451), Prof X (451) and BRB (450). When JJ is champed she will be 454.
    There isn't necessarilly an issue with a lack of teams to fight, even some of the red retals are fine but basically I am adjusting to the new MMR which seems to have me exposed way above the basic noob 5* level - I got hit by a 480! Judging by who is hitting me, I am being used to climb by a lot of players on a daily basis any time I pop my head up above around 1400. Previously I was used to being able to float at or around 1500-1600 and even then if the hits came in it wasn't for 150+ per day.
    The 5* game is a whole new, uhm, game so I will have to experiment and re-learn stuff. I did OK in the PVP Matchmaking event and haven't yet started climbing in Top Gun so we will see how it goes and if it is just SHIELD Sim I need adjusting to.
    I'm guessing your goal is to get the 4*. It might be easier to go for 75 wins than trying to get 2000. Because of the long running time of Sim, it's well suited to go for 75 wins. 

I've always wondered why there are no attack/retal arrangements being made (well, maybe there are and I don't know about them). 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah maybe. Getting to 2000 was never a problem before, this will just need adjusting to/figuring out. I won't lie and say the thought of playing Wins based fills me with anything but despair but we will see how things develop. I survived today with no hits at 1272 points - so maybe that is my SS float point or maybe a BRB/Kitty defensive team helped. No idea but nobody said 5* land would be a smooth ride.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I believe I did it once. Can't remember if I actually got to 2000 or made it through wins. I do remember being high up, winning a battle and then getting attack notices and going backward in points. Very annoying.
    I don't go for 2000/75 wins anymore, frankly because it's too much time/hassle for me. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Losing to Doc Ock in the Sinister Six event because of a bug: If you have 5-star Thanos's Infinite Power ability going on, any of his repeater tiles that run down to zero are replaced with "Colorless tiles" that vanish, stay in the same place if something below is matched, and cannot be matched with anything themselves.  His countdown tile still keeps ticking down, though.  Once it hit zero, the two blank spots on the board were still there, and my three 5-stars died.  So that was fun.

Just submitted the bug report for that one.  
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate it when Doc Ock:s cd:s are placed out of reach. The only good counter measure is Vulture. I use him with Okoye and Prof X and it usually works wonders. That bug you have stumbled on is truly nasty.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    I hate it when Doc Ock:s cd:s are placed out of reach. The only good counter measure is Vulture. I use him with Okoye and Prof X and it usually works wonders. That bug you have stumbled on is truly nasty.
    Kitty's passive also works on his repeaters.  You just just need to make sure there are enough free purple tiles to get it out there in the first place...which means you need to be very careful with Polaris with Rocket/BRB teams if Doc Ock is not the first one you're fighting.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    qandols said:
    I just chuck Okoye’s spear at it which instantly destroys it, he’s usually 2nd or 3rd so I have enough red as soon as Doc appears and he’s dead in 1 move 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I HATE LEGION! I DEPSPISE EVERYTHING IN HIM. He is ugly, trash (for me) on offensive and most annoying on defense.
    I USED 7 HEALTH PACKS AND WAISTED 15 MORE MINUTES ON HIS NODE IN SIMULATOR. 50k damage cause i cannnot rach his fortied invisibility tiles.

DETELE him! ASAP!

Also its like 3rd Simulator with same setup. It wasnt that way earlier.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    I HATE LEGION! I DEPSPISE EVERYTHING IN HIM. He is ugly, trash (for me) on offensive and most annoying on defense.
    I USED 7 HEALTH PACKS AND WAISTED 15 MORE MINUTES ON HIS NODE IN SIMULATOR. 50k damage cause i cannnot rach his fortied invisibility tiles.

DETELE him! ASAP!

Also its like 3rd Simulator with same setup. It wasnt that way earlier.
    Just need a different approach. Who are you taking against him?
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Well. Does not matter, still I HATE HIM! In every posiible way, she is MORE useless than Talos or Emma and  UGLIEST than even Negasonic or Sentry He is terrible in every aspect for me..

Anyway, I recently has switched from scl 7 to 8 for better rewards. So unless the boosted 4* are something of my champions or I have time for slow clears, I am forced to use Wasp/Profs/Yelena all 5*. Even chasing black wasnt good - he still managed to get like 2 invisibility tiles and fortify them. Maybe i just have bad luck yesterday: today i did 3 clears without a sweat on him with same team.

The point is: whever i play him, he is trash. Whever i face him, he is beast.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Legion being more useless than Talos or Emma is among the more scandalous things I've heard around here lately.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Anon said:
    Legion being more useless than Talos or Emma is among the more scandalous things I've heard around here lately.

You know, what makes him useless for me is his kit . Its just confusing, makes planing what to do harder etc. At least when I take Emma and Talos I can play what to do. I never know what I will could do with legion. hats makes him useless for me as I can not find a working team for him.

Also I do not search - He is UGLY. Though weak as I am forced to see him all the weak - he is boosted so on front page of my roster in PVE.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:
    And yet he’s the surest way for me to beat the 4* new character training . I think I’ll keep him .
  • Mr_F
    Options
    I say it the other way:
    Legion, FOR ME, is useless. It does not mean that he is that way for all of us. For many, I can see why people like him/use him/whatever. FOR ME his usefullness is below 0.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvP Simulator today...
    0 and 5. Five annihilations. Not one of the fights was even close. The RNG was insane. In the 4th game, Prof X got SIX match-5s in one cascade. It was hilarious.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wiped three times in a row in that node too. I spent 9 healthpacks just for that node.  :'(
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    When you take Thor into a match to half health him and then get cascaded to death before you can retreat.