Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    When you take Thor into a match to half health him and then get cascaded to death before you can retreat.

I hate it when the AI's victory is clinched, but the game won't let you retreat to save time. It's like the game is saying, "No, you have to sit there and watch me mess with you."
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    When you take Thor into a match to half health him and then get cascaded to death before you can retreat.

I hate it when the AI's victory is clinched, but the game won't let you retreat to save time. It's like the game is saying, "No, you have to sit there and watch me mess with you."

Agreed. It is horrible and surprisingly cruel!
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was set to get top50 in Simulator PvE for the first time but dozed off and woke up exactly at the end of the slice in 53rd spot. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    PvP vs. an Onslaught team.
    AI collected 60 AP on turn 1.
    SIXTY.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PX/Onslaught fights either go extremely well, or go to hell before you can blink.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When you pull an Advanced Support Token and get the same thing you got out of both of your special Lucky Dog tokens...

3* Lucky Dog....

Tiny.  Kitty.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    When you pull an Advanced Support Token and get the same thing you got out of both of your special Lucky Dog tokens...

3* Lucky Dog....

Tiny.  Kitty.
    I call support tokens 'duplicate support tokens'. The rank system is complete **** and they should offer better ways of ranking them up. /edit: lol, how are the letters b and s offensive.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lol, that first PvP this morning when I THOUGHT I had an easy win with my lvl 180 team vs. 3 sad lvl 140 enemies. THEN, their first move set off a cascade that gave them 30 AP in 3 colors, and at least 20 in EVERY other color. I done got my but whipped in like 2 turns.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polaris and Medusa are boosted in PvP. No Polaris or Sabertooth to counter means Tiny Kitty 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polaris and Medusa are boosted in PvP. No Polaris or Sabertooth to counter means Tiny Kitty 
    Kitty's also boosted, correct?  Not Tiny Kitty...5-star Kitty.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shardwick vs Gritty and Gamora challenge node

Clear one: Easy.
    Clear two: Easy.
    Clear three:
    https://youtu.be/iLUFFENPQWs
    After investing in some more AP and health packs I returned from the dead and slayed Kitty and her space goons. Not looking forward to the final two clears.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

Clear three:
    After investing in some more AP and health packs I returned from the dead and slayed Kitty and her space goons. Not looking forward to the final two clears.
    Lol. This happened to me several times in the current “boosted Polaris gauntlet” PvP. My favourite is making one move, then she cascades and my team is wiped. 
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Checked out my spicy vault hoping the random 4* was a cover I needed and it was Nebula- again. For like the 4th time in the past couple of weeks. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

Clear three:
    "Thor, the next time someone asks you if you're a God...you say YES!"

"I did...she still killed me."

• Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When I pitch a blood succor battle with my lvl 182 Dr. Strange, lvl 171 IM40, and a loaned 167 Morbius, vs a level 102 IM40, lvl 107 Dr. strange, and loaned 167 Morbius. On paper that looks like an easy win. I start of with a yellow 5 match which cascades 3 pink and 3 blue. Then I drop another 3 blue. Good start. Then on the enemy’s first turn, the endless cascades end with them having 22 yellow, 24 blue, 26 red, and 27 pink - probably over 130 AP in ONE TURN. Enemy fires a ballistic salvo, 2 unibeams, a bands of Cyttorak, 3 in the shadows, and 2 recharges. I was obliterated in like 3 turns.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's exactly why I hate PVP.
  • Borstock
    Options
    When I pitch a blood succor battle with my lvl 182 Dr. Strange, lvl 171 IM40, and a loaned 167 Morbius, vs a level 102 IM40, lvl 107 Dr. strange, and loaned 167 Morbius. On paper that looks like an easy win. I start of with a yellow 5 match which cascades 3 pink and 3 blue. Then I drop another 3 blue. Good start. Then on the enemy’s first turn, the endless cascades end with them having 22 yellow, 24 blue, 26 red, and 27 pink - probably over 130 AP in ONE TURN. Enemy fires a ballistic salvo, 2 unibeams, a bands of Cyttorak, 3 in the shadows, and 2 recharges. I was obliterated in like 3 turns.

Don't think I've ever seen a similar turn that didn't include Onslaught and/or Professor X. Even with them, I think the most I've seen on turn one was ~82 AP, give or take.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvP is the wacky world where your worst MPQ nightmares lie in wait for you! The Devs actively fixed cascading in the players favour in Story mode but when it came to PvP they twirled their moustaches and said "Eh, it's fine".
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I got really excited when i got 3 latest legends covers from champ rewards when opening my tokens today.  Then i pulled the, Talos, Gwenpool, and Mysterio. ugh, you win this round rng!