Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My most recent finishes in the PvEs have been at #51, #22, and now #21 in Thick as Thieves.  Missed another 4-star Spidey cover by 600 points.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I missed the start of Oops, All Spiders! by just 10 minutes. I thought I'd at least still get 3 Seed nodes, but nope. All 3 nodes were real teams. Oh well. At least it's off-season.

FWIW: I was going to try beating the Seeds with my 1* Spider-Man, and two of my 2*s, to see whether or not there was truth to the rumor that only other 1* to 2* teams would be able to queue me if I only used a 1-2* team. I would not then have steam rolled them with my 5* team but would have continued to retaliate with my 1-2* team and played a relaxing game of tit-for-tat to 40+ wins. But nope. It's a 5-star event for me, as usual. Sigh.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watching an enemy Chavez drop a crit tile into the ONE spot on the board that produced a match-5. Which in turn produced ANOTHER match-5. Ouch. At least she wasn't running with a 5-star that time...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I completely understand the fact that humans tend to remember the bad luck spells but not the good ones, some times it really is that bad.  I was starting my climb in the PVP simulator and lost seven of my first nineteen.  In those 19 games:
    -The AI had over a dozen match-3’s that cascaded into critical matches from off-screen board drops; I had zero
    -The AI had three board reshuffles into straight-line Match-5’s; I had zero (including non-straight-line match-5’s)
    -The AI had a board reshuffle to match either two or three of IM40’s recharge tiles three times (in one case where the there were only four yellow tiles on the board); again, I had zero in 4-5 games against IM40

To top it off, on the final match, the AI’s Scarlet Witch fried off Reality Crush on Turns 4, 5 & 6, each time hitting a different character with the stun.  

Days like this I’m glad I rarely bother with PVP.  Even though it’s a little silly they implemented the cascade limits in PVE, it does remove the frustration on “those days”...

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Like a fool I forgot the first Phase of Webbed Wonder was 2 days this time until nearly finishing 2 full clears.
    Looks like I'll be fighting for t50 instead of cruising to t20.
    Just means missing out on 1 Mikes Morales cover, but I feel really stupid about it.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When you go up against a Jessica Jones team, cannot resist the red or green match 4 the opening board presents you with, and you figure even at half-health, having Thor tank the AI's first turn should be okay, right?
    Right?
    Yeah, no, don't do it.
    The AI gets a match that feeds it Team Up AP for Okoye, the move cascades into a critical, then Jessica's one trap tile gets matched, their bonus turn is a critical match 4, and by the time you finally get your second turn Thor is in really bad shape.
    Now he's more Endgame Thor, and less Hafthor.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The cruelty of having a strong AOE enemy TU in the 2* BW essential node. She gets flayed every match and needs a health pack. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gritty Bishop
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    qandols said:
    The cruelty of having a strong AOE enemy TU in the 2* BW essential node. She gets flayed every match and needs a health pack. 
    How about the cruelty of a Punisher Retribution Team-Up taking out your 5-star Thor.  I did not like that surprise at all...
  • qandols
    Options
    qandols said:
    How about the cruelty of a Punisher Retribution Team-Up taking out your 5-star Thor.  I did not like that surprise at all...
    I have had a similar experience where a Penance Stare TU nearly killed off my Kitty.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Having 5-star Storm add a black tile every turn is usually a good thing....unless you happen to be fighting Lockjaw (when your team's strongest color is black) and Black Bolt (who thanks you for putting extra charged tiles down on the board, so he can start damaging your team sooner.)

Yeah, that 5-star required node in Spirits of Vengeance was even more annoying than usual with Storm as the required character.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having 5-star Storm add a black tile every turn is usually a good thing....unless you happen to be fighting Lockjaw (when your team's strongest color is black) and Black Bolt (who thanks you for putting extra charged tiles down on the board, so he can start damaging your team sooner.)

Yeah, that 5-star required node in Spirits of Vengeance was even more annoying than usual with Storm as the required character.
    Bring MBW teamups and make the doggie take a 5-turn nap.....that's what I did.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow that makes me glad my Kitty is higher level than my Storm, even with the Featured Boost.
  • XDarthVadarX
    XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Worse part of the game... Hmmm... Refreshing my best characters to full health, go into a PVP and trying to score just a few more points for new rewards, and then during the battle, the opponent just keep on doing multiple links of damage continously while I can only stare and watch. And no matches for me to bring on to the game. 

Pathetic. 
  • djperry1973
    djperry1973 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

I only have a handful of 5* champs but two of them are Okoye and Thor, which made this relatively easy. I didn't even have to hit other nodes to get Thor down to half-health first; I just matched green and red until he started destroying tiles, then matched black and teamups while using the passive yellow collection to heal Okoye and firing Thor's/Storm's AOEs whenever I was able to. It's probably the easiest time I've had with that SCL9 node.

(This probably should have gone in the best moment thread, huh.)
  • djperry1973
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I only have a handful of 5* champs but two of them are Okoye and Thor, which made this relatively easy.
    What are their levels?
    Thor - 455
    Okoye - 463
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I only have a handful of 5* champs but two of them are Okoye and Thor, which made this relatively easy.
    What are their levels?
    My Thor (LVL 455) and Okoye (LVL 451) are both champed.  My Storm is a 1/0/0, so she just does nothing but create black charged tiles each turn to power up Lockjaw and Black Bolt's passives.
  • qandols
    Options
    Sounds like I should be glad I did not get my Storm until after this event. It would probably just infuriate me.
  • djperry1973
    Options
    OJSP said:

I see. I think you were quite lucky. My experience was more similar to sambrookjm. I ended up using different teams and was unable to finish the grind because I kept getting unfavourable boards.
    It's definitely possible. All I know is that I've struggled with that node in the past and, this time, the extra AOE from Storm's black (boosted by Okoye's black) made it significantly easier to dish out enough damage to outpace the damage I was taking.