Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Five straight wipes against C5p Marvel with the weakest 4 star in this game, Talos. He has no offensive capabilities. Even Professor X there is a strategy and ability to win. Not with this milque toast character. He should be taken out back and shot instead of nerfed or even buffed.
    The 5-words-or-less review of Talos: Like Mystique, but worse. 

My 3/5/5 Level 287 pulled out the win first try, but I didn't have much health left. Best advice is to try to keep her stunned and get as much red AP as you can to boost his match damage. Bonus points if you can shapeshift and stay that way. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to win with Talos at level 130 (first ISO I’ve put in him) and a support equipped, boosted all AP, seven tries before I was blessed with a blue and purple heavy board. His match damage can get decent under perfect circumstances...he is still awful though.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I managed to win with Talos at level 130 (first ISO I’ve put in him) and a support equipped, boosted all AP, seven tries before I was blessed with a blue and purple heavy board. His match damage can get decent under perfect circumstances...he is still awful though.
    I'm up to 10 wipes now with my 1/3/3 Level 152 Talos. Boosted all AP, boosted +2 Red/Yellow AP and +2 Blue/Purple AP on these last five matches this morning. I'll have to look at what supports I have that might benefit him and give an edge. What support did you use? Most of my boards have been strong Red, Green, Yellow, which just gives Marvel all she needs to wallop me before I can a) stun or b) steal enough AP she can't get her Mean Right Hook repeater on the board. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I'm up to 10 wipes now with my 1/3/3 Level 152 Talos. Boosted all AP, boosted +2 Red/Yellow AP and +2 Blue/Purple AP on these last five matches this morning. I'll have to look at what supports I have that might benefit him and give an edge. What support did you use? Most of my boards have been strong Red, Green, Yellow, which just gives Marvel all she needs to wallop me before I can a) stun or b) steal enough AP she can't get her Mean Right Hook repeater on the board. 
    I have a rank 3 Corvus Glaive leveled up to about 100 that I put on him for extra health, purple match damage, and a chance to do additional damage each turn. It wasn’t ideal, but given his villain association it was the best I had to use. I also used the same AP boosts as you.

My Talos is fully covered though, so his stun and match damage boost may be working a bit more effectively.

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jp1 said:
    jp1 said:
    I have a rank 3 Corvus Glaive leveled up to about 100 that I put on him for extra health, purple match damage, and a chance to do additional damage each turn. It wasn’t ideal, but given his villain association it was the best I had to use. I also used the same AP boosts as you.

My Talos is fully covered though, so his stun and match damage boost may be working a bit more effectively.

I used Corvus as well, leveled up to 200 in my case.
    First try after putting the support on Talos was the winning try. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My 12 cover Talos crashed and burned against Cap Marvel, so decided to dip into my Tacos and get that last cover.

Was up to a good start getting a Shuri cover within 4 pulls, then it kept going... and going... and going...

Got Talos on pull 296 and then had to pull 3 more times to get the 1000 HP. So 299 pulls and I only left 500 ISO in the vault.

Champed Talos and beat the Crash fairly easily, opened the LT: same Talos cover I got from the vault. Thanks RNG!

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After a total of 19 wipes, I finally got the right board, paired with the support you recommended and my +2APs in red/yellow, blue purple and all to finally win. Denying her red at every turn was really the key. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After a total of 19 wipes, I finally got the right board, paired with the support you recommended and my +2APs in red/yellow, blue purple and all to finally win. Denying her red at every turn was really the key. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    Not really your worst moment of the day, right?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Not really your worst moment of the day, right?
    I think there's a different thread for this moment somewhere.......
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I leveled up my Talos to 229 thinking it might actually help his chances with this week's Crash.  
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I leveled up my Talos to 229 thinking it might actually help his chances with this week's Crash.  

Hope for a good board, deny yellow and chase blue and keep praying to the MPQ gods for good drops!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened 88 heroics, 9 legendaries and spent 700 cp and got exactly one Juggernaut cover and I only got that because it was a bonus hero. What an utter joke.

Hey, D3 and Demi, I have an idea. You wanna do something really special for Marvel 1000? 

FIX DILUTION.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed with a lvl 192 Talos (1/4/4), so it should be doable. Pack some boosts, try and see if you got a good support for him (yes, a support might actually come in handy) and give it some tries. Good luck!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:

Hope for a good board, deny yellow and chase blue and keep praying to the MPQ gods for good drops!
    Or have a really good support, and hope for the best.  My 2/2/2 Talos won on the back of a LVL 200 Cull Obsidian support...one of the only two 4-star supports I have.  (The other is for Spiderverse characters only, which wouldn't have helped Talos much.)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For this run, the Loaner nodes in Webbed Wonder at SCL7 are harder than the ones in Venom Bomb were at SCL9. That's how much worse Mysterio is than Sabretooth.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For this run, the Loaner nodes in Webbed Wonder at SCL7 are harder than the ones in Venom Bomb were at SCL9. That's how much worse Mysterio is than Sabretooth.
    Does the loaner node difficulty change for different SCL?  I only ask because when I slummed in SCL 1 before the loaner node was the highest level enemies I faced.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Heroic 10-pack I got from the daily resupply gave me yet another ten 2*’s. I remember when I used to get excited over those....
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Does the loaner node difficulty change for different SCL?  I only ask because when I slummed in SCL 1 before the loaner node was the highest level enemies I faced.
    Now that you mention it, I'm actually not sure. But even if they are the same level, they take way longer with Mysterio.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Now that you mention it, I'm actually not sure. But even if they are the same level, they take way longer with Mysterio.
    Champed and boosted Sabertooth against the loaner node was insane.
    If you had 2 red matches on the opening board then you won on turn 3.
    Whatever is red ability is called only costs 6 AP and takes out all the opposition in succession.
    During one of the days I had an opening board red match 5 that picked up a 6th red. All I had to do was match and fire. Win.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    ZootSax said:
    Champed and boosted Sabertooth against the loaner node was insane.
    If you had 2 red matches on the opening board then you won on turn 3.
    Whatever is red ability is called only costs 6 AP and takes out all the opposition in succession.
    During one of the days I had an opening board red match 5 that picked up a 6th red. All I had to do was match and fire. Win.
    Yeah. I'm missing that. So good.
    And yeah, it really is more about how good Sabretooth is in this particular situation than how bad Mysterio is, but still. Def a change for the worse.