Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Only ranking 102 in Webbed Wonder and thus just missing out on a Jim Hammond cover. And that while scoring 81k points, that's almost one and a half times max prog. Not such a great way to start Simulator.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having the Namor/Carol/Dr Strange team's most powerful color switch from Blue to Black between matches in the Simulator PvE.  I didn't find this out until I made a black match, and everyone on my team suddenly took 3K of damage.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Having the Namor/Carol/Dr Strange team's most powerful color switch from Blue to Black between matches in the Simulator PvE.  I didn't find this out until I made a black match, and everyone on my team suddenly took 3K of damage.
    Yeah, it’s annoying that there’s no way to predict the enemy’s strongest color if characters are of the same level and none of them are 5*’s.  I wish they just followed the same convention as for the players rather than just be randomized.

(the same thing on the same node happened to me)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat the clash node on first attempt.

LL resulted in Talos cover.

Forget Bishop, fix Talos...he is trash. He should only be awarded on standard tokens.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Tried a match against Old Man Logan and America Chavez in the Hot Shot PvP.  My Thor was just below half-health, so America shouldn't be too big of a problem.  Wrong!  Every turn was multiple cascades for them.  By the end of turn 4, the enemy team had the following AP:

7 yellow
    3 red.
    11 blue
    9 green
    16 purple
    3 black
    7 Team Ups.

Human Torch had fired off all three of his abilities, (so add 6 red, 5 green, 10 black and however many they lost from Inferno) and my champed Okoye (59K health) was downed after America's critical showed up right in line for a match 5.

RUN AWAY!  RUN AWAY!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried a match against Old Man Logan and America Chavez in the Hot Shot PvP.  My Thor was just below half-health, so America shouldn't be too big of a problem.  Wrong!  Every turn was multiple cascades for them.  By the end of turn 4, the enemy team had the following AP:

7 yellow
    3 red.
    11 blue
    9 green
    16 purple
    3 black
    7 Team Ups.

Human Torch had fired off all three of his abilities, (so add 6 red, 5 green, 10 black and however many they lost from Inferno) and my champed Okoye (59K health) was downed after America's critical showed up right in line for a match 5.

RUN AWAY!  RUN AWAY!
    Chavez is not to be trifled with. She is always the first to slaughter.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    qandols said:

7 yellow
    3 red.
    11 blue
    9 green
    16 purple
    3 black
    7 Team Ups.

RUN AWAY!  RUN AWAY!
    Chavez is not to be trifled with. She is always the first to slaughter.
    Believe me...she was my target.  I'd gotten her down to 8K before Okoye went down.  Just 99% of the time, Half health Gladiathor can keep you ahead of the other team in AP and prevent her from going nuts.  This was the 1% of those matches, however. :(
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jp1 said:

Forget Bishop, fix Talos...he is trash. He should only be awarded on standard tokens.
    Talos is soooooooo bad 😂 

I know Mysterio gets hate as well but I kinda like him. I find nothing redeeming about Talos.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:

Talos is soooooooo bad 😂 

I know Mysterio gets hate as well but I kinda like him. I find nothing redeeming about Talos.
    Yeah, lol. I think he is an inside joke or something. If you get on the Devs bad side they just put a Talos cover in your upcoming token queue.
  • qandols
    Options
    I just got a Talos from a LT the other day. Felt sooo offended.  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    You should get an option to trade him in for a 3*.
  • qandols
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    qandols said:
    Maybe a ThAnOS ?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    qandols said:
    Maybe a ThAnOS ?
    I'd settle for Sentry. At least he does *something* superpower-y even if it is just to destroy himself and his own team!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had an absolutely awful stretch of boards/matches in Doctor's Orders. Went through almost 20 health packs just to hit 575. A Hulkbuster cover isn't worth the aggro of going from there to 900.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/2/5 Phoenix, got to 4 saved covers recently from a champ reward, then drew another Phoenix yesterday from a classic token, and now at 5 saved covers.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I busted three hoards between my main and alt accounts, and all went poorly.

Pulled 96 LTs (leaving a cushion for future 5e pulls). Got 11 5* covers, well below the odds, but one of the main goals was actually to finish Juggs via bonus heroes. And pulled ZERO bonus covers. Definite fail.

Pulled all 77 LTs on my alt account. 8 5* covers, also below odds, but largely irrelevant anyway on the alt. Primary goal here was to finish my 2/4/5 Grocket. This time, I pulled 5 BHs -- all green saved covers. Tinykitty.

Finally, used my 2666 CP hoard for 106 pulls on the awesome Wakanda store. On average, I should have pulled 5 covers of each 5*, but instead, I got 4, 4, and 1. Pretty sad.

I did finish Juggs in that last effort, granted that was all but guaranteed with 200+ pulls. 
    I have a nice spread on Okoye at 3/2/3, finished Riri (one of the few remaining 4*s I wanted), and a few other scattered goals. But overall, a pretty big disappointment compared to what it could have been.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Worth It is so, so not worth it. Can't use Grockitty because there's too much board shake. Strikes are often all gone Turn 2. Can't use Okoye because Cap clears all the yellow so she can't heal. Storm is also handicapped by all the yellow getting removed. Cable and Widow are just too slow. Can't take on Thano5 teams with a jump-in-front Loaner, and I'm getting hit constantly by Thano5 teams since I cleared about 300 Points.
    This would probably be pretty fun if I were still in 4* MMR, but as it is, it's an absolute nightmare. Barely made it to 575. I've just got the wrong 5* champs for this one. At least it's off-season.
    EDIT: Went back in and managed to slog to 900 with Okoye/X-Pool. Took way too many boosts, way too many health packs, and way too much ISO spent on skips, tho.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worth It is so, so not worth it. Can't use Grockitty because there's too much board shake. Strikes are often all gone Turn 2. Can't use Okoye because Cap clears all the yellow so she can't heal. Storm is also handicapped by all the yellow getting removed. Cable and Widow are just too slow. Can't take on Thano5 teams with a jump-in-front Loaner, and I'm getting hit constantly by Thano5 teams since I cleared about 300 Points.
    This would probably be pretty fun if I were still in 4* MMR, but as it is, it's an absolute nightmare. Barely made it to 575. I've just got the wrong 5* champs for this one. At least it's off-season.
    EDIT: Went back in and managed to slog to 900 with Okoye/X-Pool. Took way too many boosts, way too many health packs, and way too much ISO spent on skips, tho.
    4* land isn't that much better. Pretty much everyone is using Deadpool it seems.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    shardwick said:
    4* land isn't that much better. Pretty much everyone is using Deadpool it seems.
    In 4* land, I had better stuns available without painting a target on my back, and wouldn't be triggering XPool/Cap with every single match I make.
    Like I said, I did eventually make it to 900, but this was the hardest* PvP I've played since I first champed Kitty.
    *There was one other a couple of weeks ago that was awful, but that was more terrible boards. This one, the problem was very clearly Steve.