Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So yesterday I was just shy of the cp full progression reward in the Hulk, waiting for the nodes to recharge/the final clear. Everything was going well, I've pushed through the full week of nothing but Dark Avengers slog nodes every day, was headed for t50/t100 depending on the final clear and finally, it was about to be over.
    Only, I fell asleep.
    I fell asleep and missed the final clears-- meaning I went through the whole hulk pve for (almost) full progression and missed out on the final 48cp. I'm so sad right now.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlexR said:
    So yesterday I was just shy of the cp full progression reward in the Hulk, waiting for the nodes to recharge/the final clear. Everything was going well, I've pushed through the full week of nothing but Dark Avengers slog nodes every day, was headed for t50/t100 depending on the final clear and finally, it was about to be over.
    Only, I fell asleep.
    I fell asleep and missed the final clears-- meaning I went through the whole hulk pve for (almost) full progression and missed out on the final 48cp. I'm so sad right now.
    Man, that really sucks.  What a complete bummer.

It is also yet another reason this event is awful.  So much time is needed to get the backloaded CP reward which is why most people play PVE in the first place.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Accidentally accepted a Moonstone team-up.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Accidentally accepted a Moonstone team-up.
    You can discard/trash it.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Last night I realised I couldn't get all the rewards for the Apocolypse (or whatever it's called) even though I had all the required characters. Well I could've if I decided to only get 4 hours sleep. Didn't even realise I missed some nodes.

Then this morning I checked the rewards for the deadpool event and thought I may as well do scl 8 as I have all the required characters.... then realised after starting that I didn't have Elektra  :( I've had her on the vine so many times but never recruited her. Doh, doh and doh
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beating a dead horse with the reworked Mr F, his Imaginaut today randomly spammed charged tiles in today's Behemoth Burrito...which helped out the opposing 4-star Thor *way* more than it helped my team.  Granted, they were low enough level that my team still won pretty easily, but had our teams been equal levels like they are in the PvE, those extra charged tiles would have let Thor one-shot Kamala Khan right out of the match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beating a dead horse with the reworked Mr F, his Imaginaut today randomly spammed charged tiles in today's Behemoth Burrito...which helped out the opposing 4-star Thor *way* more than it helped my team.  Granted, they were low enough level that my team still won pretty easily, but had our teams been equal levels like they are in the PvE, those extra charged tiles would have let Thor one-shot Kamala Khan right out of the match.
    Mr. F really did get on my nerves too. The only time he put out anything remotely useful was just as the opposition was going to die. My Bullseye has only just flipped and not been re-champed so he got wiped straight away on enemy Kamala's first green, it really felt like it was my Kamala against 4 other characters with all the useless charge tiles he spammed for FourThor. Thanks Reed.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taking on an enemy Vulture in the Simulator and he cascades into lots of black. Ugh. So painful. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing Shield Sim and at the end of 9 fights in a row I got a 1* Spiderman red cover. I wonder what the odds of that happening are?  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing Shield Sim and at the end of 9 fights in a row I got a 1* Spiderman red cover. I wonder what the odds of that happening are?  
    That seems to happen a lot in PVP.  When I was building a Yelena after she became “limited”, I ended up finishing her from 1/5 after a string of purple covers came in a single LR clearance of seed teams.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Stockpile of 62 standard tokens.

Total 3*?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    carlj64 said:
    Stockpile of 62 standard tokens.

Total 3*?

TBF, 3* cover rate in standard tokens is only about 2%, so that's not that big of a statistical outlier.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I welcome the iso to be fair
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    So I was staring down the barrel of no 5E for Strange Sights as I hadn't been able to get a 5* CM cover. I had been assembling a mini hoard with one eye on Hela joining the Latest and who likes the number 13 right? 13 Tokens to get Carol. My plan was just to try a few pulls and save as many as I could. The trouble with pulling from LL's is that they are a bit like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop. Anyway...after 12 pulls, no Captain Marvel...

TBC: Your BEST moment of the day
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm still building the 4* tier. I had enough HP to open some latest legendaries until I got a new character to roster. I haven't got a single kingpin cover his entire time in Latests, so I thought about waiting until next week when Hela takes his place because I won't need a kingpin for 5e for a long time and also because consensus is that kingpin is trash.

Lack of patience won over, I opened a single latest, and got a kingpin cover.  Now I waste a roster slot on useless 1 cover kingpin and wait to build up the 1000 HP to be able to pull again......
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    I'm still building the 4* tier. I had enough HP to open some latest legendaries until I got a new character to roster. I haven't got a single kingpin cover his entire time in Latests, so I thought about waiting until next week when Hela takes his place because I won't need a kingpin for 5e for a long time and also because consensus is that kingpin is trash.

Lack of patience won over, I opened a single latest, and got a kingpin cover.  Now I waste a roster slot on useless 1 cover kingpin and wait to build up the 1000 HP to be able to pull again......
    This could just as easily be under best moments since you used just 1 token and got Kingpin just in time for him to be featured in The Hunt starting tomorrow.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    This could just as easily be under best moments since you used just 1 token and got Kingpin just in time for him to be featured in The Hunt starting tomorrow.
    How could anyone really consider getting 1 cover of one of the worst rated 5* just before it gets banished to classics and becomes completely useless as a best moment?

Best moment would have been a yellow cover for my 0/4/1 Doom with a BH.  This was not even close lol
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    Kahmon said:
    How could anyone really consider getting 1 cover of one of the worst rated 5* just before it gets banished to classics and becomes completely useless as a best moment?

Best moment would have been a yellow cover for my 0/4/1 Doom with a BH.  This was not even close lol
    Well you can play all the nodes on The Hunt now. You wouldn't have been able to previously. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woke up today and realized that I just plumb forgot to play Heavy Metal.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Not really worst moment of the day but back on a losing streak of LT's with a 0/18 open rate chasing Hela and GED. I was hoping in that lot I might at least get a bonus hero Magik (or a regular Magik) but nope. I haven't drawn a single Magik cover since she hit tokens, she must be hiding in Limbo. :/