Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up against Black Bolt in a fight that will get me to 575 in Identity Theft. Both of his teammates are down, all three of mine are up, but somewhat beat up. I make a match, and as I do, notice that I had the yellow to finish off the Photonic Barrage countdown I had going. Oh, well, I'll get it next Turn. Nope, Sonic Scream wipes out my whole team :'(
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    In hopes of pulling some champ rewards and amassing some CP and perhaps the LT from this week's Taco Vault, I pulled 97 Tokens. 
    Got a grand total of 3 CP from champ rewards and that's it...
    I did get 2000 HP, so perhaps this should have gone in the "Bit of both" thread...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulling 10k iso from a Taco to add to my 8 million.

Pullling another beginner support token from a pve vault to add to my collection of red iso tokens.
  • TPF Alexis
    "Oh, hey, I just re-champed 3* R&G, and I need a Roster slot for Namor. I guess I can sell off the max champed one I have sitting around."
    - Me, literally less than 20 minutes before the slice of Most Wanted that I'd pre-joined opened.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Still desperately trying to fully cover my 2/4/11 Kitty, pulling Latest Legends as I get them. 
    Pull, 5*! Kitty! Red...
    Now I have a 2/4/12 Kitty... Great.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Oh, hey, I just re-champed 3* R&G, and I need a Roster slot for Namor. I guess I can sell off the max champed one I have sitting around."
    - Me, literally less than 20 minutes before the slice of Most Wanted that I'd pre-joined opened.
    I sold off a bunch of max champed 3*s the other day, including Cap and R&G. I went into the roster page to sell them, and when I came out, the pre join info for cap appeared.

After feeling stupid for a minute I laughed. 

I laughed a little less 2 days later when R&G showed up! 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    I sold off a bunch of max champed 3*s the other day, including Cap and R&G. I went into the roster page to sell them, and when I came out, the pre join info for cap appeared.

Pssssst... there's a sneak peek thread that tells you the upcoming PvPs, y'know...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    CT1888 said:

Pssssst... there's a sneak peek thread that tells you the upcoming PvPs, y'know...
    Normally if I'm selling someone off, I'll look at that and at the lists of when characters last featured to gauge if they are likely to feature in the near future - that I didn't speaks volumes to me of my current engagement with the game. 
  • TPF Alexis
    DarthDeVo said:
    CT1888 said:

Yeah, what really earned this its spot in this thread is that I knew. I did it while I was killing time waiting for their PvP to start. Sleep Dep: It's a hell of a drug.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Cleared the initial round of Support Circuit well in first place. I even started my grind a few minutes earlier than I figured I needed. Everything was on track for a T1 finish until literally the last run of the last node. 

First move, enemy team cascades and takes out enough strikes that Kitty wouldn't buff them. I should have retreated right then and just started over. I had enough time. But I stupidly thought I could tough it out. 

Instead the match dragged on. Then Vulture fired his blue and took out the few strike tiles I had left. Then he went airborne. And Miles stunned Kitty. And Rhulk started with his green ****. I tried to hit it one last time quickly, but it was too late at that point. I finished 8th. Instead of 1st. And the tokens got me a whopping 500 ISO and one 2* cover. 

Support Circuit is OK for the extra resources we get. And that's about it. As a method to actually get Supports? Yeah, no.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited February 2019
    Went fishing for HP in the Taco Vault. Apparently RNG had the wrong HP in mind, because I hit Health Packs eight times, and Hero Points only twice. Also made almost 30 Classic Legends pulls with only 1 5* and no bonus heroes.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Went fishing for HP in the Taco Vault. Apparently RNG had the wrong HP in mind, because I hit Health Packs eight times, and Hero Points only twice. Also made almost 30 Classic Legends pulls with only 1 5* and no bonus heroes.
    I guess with that many health packs you are set for Thanos PVP :)
  • TPF Alexis
    abenness said:
    Ha! I'm already done with that, tho. Just went 575 and out. I ain't need the hassle of chewing through that many giant health pools.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    Ha! I'm already done with that, tho. Just went 575 and out. I ain't need the hassle of chewing through that many giant health pools.
    Possibly I am just masochistic but I kind'a enjoyed the Thanos PvP...I made over 900, shielded and may go back for more.

The flip to this though was I didn't have time to play PvE and so gave up on getting another Namor cover (not really bothered to be honest though).
  • DAZ0273
    Oh man, I made a mistake going SCL9 - The 5E isn't too bad but the last wave node on with the Mindless Ones & the Sentries - I cannot beat it so can't reach the Boss Fight. Hope that doesn't hold true in the other two realities or I wont be getting a Magik. :(
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh man, I made a mistake going SCL9 - The 5E isn't too bad but the last wave node on with the Mindless Ones & the Sentries - I cannot beat it so can't reach the Boss Fight. Hope that doesn't hold true in the other two realities or I wont be getting a Magik. :(
    @DAZ0273 What's your roster like? Surely a combination can be found to beat that wave node at least once, so you can progress.
    40+ Champed 4* but no champed 5*. Boosted Cyke & Riri tried their best but couldn't make it past the last wave so I did at least get partial points. Unfortunately I wont get another shot at it now as the sub will have ended by the time I get home from work.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    @DAZ0273 What's your roster like? Surely a combination can be found to beat that wave node at least once, so you can progress.
    40+ Champed 4* but no champed 5*. Boosted Cyke & Riri tried their best but couldn't make it past the last wave so I did at least get partial points. Unfortunately I wont get another shot at it now as the sub will have ended by the time I get home from work.
    Next time, might I suggest Scarlet Witch, 4-star Star Lord, and 3-star Deadpool.  Use +2 all AP, +2 Purple AP, and DROP ALL THE WHALES!

Other possibilities are Kraven (to reduce all of their specials) and Venom (to knock their shields down to 1 so you can actually damage them)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Medusa, Riri and Kate should work.
  • DAZ0273
    Thanks for all the team suggestions guys, definitely keep them in mind if I have problems next time but the worst sub is done now and Thugs and Ninja's are nowhere near as a pain!
  • TPF Alexis
    I've been pretty out of it lately, for whatever reason, and just completely spaced on entering The Hunt until a notification popped up giving me a reward for my Alliance's placement in the first sub. I think I can still hit full Progression, but that's a lot of node rewards that would have been really nice to have.