Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Digging into my hoard of Latest Legends and getting a 5* percentage of pulls of under 10% after 80+ pulls... I had to actively remind myself that the 5*s is not the tier I'm interested in when it comes to playing the game. Still, it would be nice to get somewhere close to the advertised numbers.

I guess it wasn't all bad as I got the final missing covers for Bishop and Prowler, but after getting that final useful 4* cover I didn't need any convincing to just stop opening LTs. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not exactly a worst moment but something a bit strange.

I was playing Bishop's essential on Simulator and enemy Carol who already had a photonic barrage on the board fires her yellow. I'm not bothered as I have Cloak & Dagger out front who can easily eat the damage. However to my surprise before any damage has been caused Bishop jumps to the front! Then Carol proceeds to blast him to oblivion! Huh?!?!?

I don't know if that is a bug or working as intended but I don't see why Bishop jumped in front BEFORE any damage was caused? Carol's yellow doesn't deal damage and her black had yet to fire. Strange things are afoot at the Circle MPQ...
    Yep, completely normal for him.  That's what his red passive does.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I was playing Bishop's essential on Simulator and enemy Carol who already had a photonic barrage on the board fires her yellow. I'm not bothered as I have Cloak & Dagger out front who can easily eat the damage. However to my surprise before any damage has been caused Bishop jumps to the front! Then Carol proceeds to blast him to oblivion! Huh?!?!?

I don't know if that is a bug or working as intended but I don't see why Bishop jumped in front BEFORE any damage was caused? Carol's yellow doesn't deal damage and her black had yet to fire. Strange things are afoot at the Circle MPQ...
    He is supposed to jump to the front BEFORE the damage is dealt? Is that right? I thought it was after the damage threshold was met. In this case, Carol's black hasn't yet logged as damage dealt, so surely he should jump to the front AFTER the damage is done? He basically suicides in anticipation of the hit coming in. I guess that could be right but doesn't seem to match his power description.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple of horrendous situations right after each other. First off I've just drawn 1 5* from 54 LTs. Abysmal. 

Then I was in a position to champ Bishop so clicked on him but forgot to click on the champ button. I went straight to the covers section to respec him and move his red to 5 covers. I clicked on the 120cp button thinking it was the change button you see when they are champed. Literally just wasted 120cp. 

Its been a bad couple of minutes. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Huntah86 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

He is supposed to jump to the front BEFORE the damage is dealt? Is that right? I thought it was after the damage threshold was met. In this case, Carol's black hasn't yet logged as damage dealt, so surely he should jump to the front AFTER the damage is done? He basically suicides in anticipation of the hit coming in. I guess that could be right but doesn't seem to match his power description.
    Yeah, that's what the description sounds like to me.  It says "If Bishop's teammates would take".  Would sounds like he would take it instead otherwise I'd imagine they would say after they take or something along those lines. It's very similar wording to Thing and I believe he works the same way.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Huntah86 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, that's what the description sounds like to me.  It says "If Bishop's teammates would take".  Would sounds like he would take it instead otherwise I'd imagine they would say after they take or something along those lines. It's very similar wording to Thing and I believe he works the same way.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had really been anticipating a release event this weekend. Will be out of town next weekend, which I assume will now be release event instead, so I won't be anywhere close to optimal. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been fighting off a cold, and fell asleep this afternoon. By the time I woke up, I'd missed my final clears on the second sub of Simulator and a good start on the third.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I must have upset RNGesus. To add to my 0/25 5* streak I just opened 15 standards and got 15 1*! I honestly don't remember the last time that happened.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thinking that after two top5 finishes in scl7 using new partners Kitty and Grocket, that I was ready for scl8. Got in on a flip, 4-cleared quickly yesterday, and decided to give myself 35 minutes for the final 3-clear tonight.

Then couldn’t get past the final 5e node for clear #5 until my 3rd attempt, finally beating it after the sub finish so I didn’t even get the points (and burning through all my health packs on the way).

I will still make progression, and probably even top20, but that was a wake-up call for sure, I need different options for those nodes. Back to scl7 in the meantime.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abenness said:
    Thinking that after two top5 finishes in scl7 using new partners Kitty and Grocket, that I was ready for scl8. Got in on a flip, 4-cleared quickly yesterday, and decided to give myself 35 minutes for the final 3-clear tonight.

Then couldn’t get past the final 5e node for clear #5 until my 3rd attempt, finally beating it after the sub finish so I didn’t even get the points (and burning through all my health packs on the way).

I will still make progression, and probably even top20, but that was a wake-up call for sure, I need different options for those nodes. Back to scl7 in the meantime.
    If you want t5 in 8, your end grind must be under 25 minutes, maybe even 20.
  • abenness
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    abenness said:

If you want t5 in 8, your end grind must be under 25 minutes, maybe even 20.
    Yikes. I’m still mathematically possible for top10 I think (ie I will get it if I can 7-clear within an hour), I will be very satisfied with that outcome if I get there.

It’s easier to think of everyone else as perfect competitors, but hopefully I’m not the only one to get stuck sometimes.

I’m planning to tackle the 5e an hour earlier tonight, just so I can take as much time with it as I want.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same thing today that burned me out many months (over a year?) ago - hit my 10-pack, got all 2*s. Guess I fall back from "casual" to "ultra casual" again.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anderson Inc Domino node, had GladiaThor down to about 36k health on a completely stuck board. Then Muscle got off two Threaten followed by a massive cascade that killed off thor. I decided to let thor rest and use JJ and Chavez instead. They rock!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missed out on progression in the last PVE (unstable ISO-8?) by 2 clears, because I ran out of time in the last sub. (Was delayed a bit in playing because I was busy with something else). Still feels the worst, putting all that effort in and getting nothing in return.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After seeing the stats for 5* Doom I decided to dig into my hoard yet again, and after the last time I (under 10% 5*s) I guessed it couldn't get much worse, right? 

Right, well... boy, was I wrong. Opened about 120 LT's for a grand total of 6 (yes six) 5* covers. Granted, one gave a 5* BH, but that is still an abismal run. Getting about 5%... yeah, awesome.

I am not very interested in the 5* tier for gameplay, and things like this make it even more difficult to ever get into that tier of play. This most likely makes me want to never ever put any Iso into my 5*s. I wanted to get some more covers for 5* Kitty, but with runs like these it makes it almost impossible to ever get anywhere close to covering a 5*.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not being able to match a single attack or strike tile during any of the Captain Marvel *or* Ghost Rider required nodes in the second day's nodes in Honor Among Thieves.  That 3K+ damage per turn adds up very, very quickly.

The worst part is that, for the first couple of runs through the Ghost Rider one, I didn't notice that I was using 3-star Thor (required on the entry node) instead of 5-star Thor, so Ghost Rider was tanking his colors.  I wasn't even building up to get Thor's board shake going.
  • abenness
    edited January 2019
    Options
    After a disappointing run of single LL pulls including back-to-back Flaptains, decided to save for 7 pulls so at least a reasonable chance of a 5. Pulled Kingpin (from 0/1/1 to 0/1/2) and another Flaptain...

I am resigned to running out of time for Kitty covers, but I will pull everything I have until she rotates out, and then make sure I keep 250CP in the bank whenever she pops up in the store again
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed kitty everywhere in pvp and I dont even have a single 5* champ
    Oh... And there goes the variety in a 200 characters game....