Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    broll said:
    Delayed post by a few days, but I have a sad story.

I play the last slice PvE (which would be 2am my time) because none of the other slices work with my schedule (this one doesn't either but you get a lot better scores without being as optimal).  I did SCL8 and found myself getting T10 every sub of the event.  I was taking a vacation day Tuesday so I said let's go for it.  If I finish optimal I might get into the T1-2 spot.  I go to start around 1:15am and find out the event was over.  I forgot DLS went into affect in the middle of the event.  I ended in 40th and only got 1 Domino cover.

When the tinykitty are they finally gonna fix and/or eliminate time slices?!  2nd worse part of the game after supports and time slices have been a problem a lot longer....
    Still hoping that the raid event was an unofficial test for a move to a more progression focused pve format and that the next raid "test" will be during Thanksgiving. It would be so nice not having to deal with time slices, bracket rooms or having to play "optimally." Do your clears throughout the event and you can unlock 4* covers for the next event through progression, your alliance does their clears and you can unlock heroics or legendaries.
    I want to think that's true, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.  I've been burned too many times before.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thinking my roster was stout enough to handle SCL 9 for the current event. The 5E has made me its **** 😝 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Panic stations kicked in after opening 31 LTs to try and get a Cable cover to then draw 5 Kitty's and 1 Loki. Had to spend another 100cp to finally get a Cable. 

*phew*
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fighting on Behemoth Burrito with SWitch agains Jean Grey and making a lot of critical tiles before I could down her. What a nightmare!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kk3thess said:
    Fighting on Behemoth Burrito with SWitch agains Jean Grey and making a lot of critical tiles before I could down her. What a nightmare!
    Same here. I had six match-5's that match, of which I deliberately made zero of them.  Only two came from SWitch, too, so most were purely random drops.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kk3thess said:

So much for being subtle. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Learning your hero Stan Lee has died at 95.  
    RIP Lee.  
    No more words.  Too speechless.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Learning your hero Stan Lee has died at 95.  
    RIP Lee.  
    No more words.  Too speechless.  
    Yep.  While not a surprise, it's still tough to hear.
  • Articyular
    Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    260 taco tokens, desperately needed blue Peggy cover in taco vault (5/5/2), pull all 260 and get every 4* reward except her; no way for me to get more then 12-14 more pulls so fingers crossed
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    kk3thess said:

Hopefully you noticed that swiping the top left red tile down would not just make a match 5 (match 6 :smile: ) but would cascade into a critical match 5 and that may have been enough to KO Jean before she could stun you. Maybe. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    shardwick said:
    kk3thess said:

Hopefully you noticed that swiping the top left red tile down would not just make a match 5 (match 6 :smile: ) but would cascade into a critical match 5 and that may have been enough to KO Jean before she could stun you. Maybe. 

I would probably have gone for the yellow match-3 at the top of the second column from the right. That would drop down a red tile to make a match-4, and the resulting Cascades should net you a lot of the red tiles without making a match-5 (though you can never tell what would drop from the top.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    JSP869 said:
    shardwick said:
    kk3thess said:

I would probably have gone for the yellow match-3 at the top of the second column from the right. That would drop down a red tile to make a match-4, and the resulting Cascades should net you a lot of the red tiles without making a match-5 (though you can never tell what would drop from the top.
    Yep.  That also would have stopped them from getting the match-4 Team-up AP that's showing up as well.  Either way, Storm's passive is probably going to go off a couple of times.  With a 14K health Red Hulk, though, you shouldn't need to worry about that. :)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    During my end grind of Thick as Thieves, my phone froze up and I had to restart it. If I had finished my grind on time I would have gotten top 20, as it was I had to settle for top 50. :(
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled an off-season Heroic 40-pack last night and didn't get a single 4-star cover... that was really irritating.
     :(   :'(   :s
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was actually yesterday, but it was still unpleasant. Waited just a hair too long to start my final clears in EotS, and didn't finish the last wave node in time. Dropped me from 4th place to 11th :(
    Today has actually had its share of aggravations too, with three fights against Ultron in a row where I couldn't match away a single bomb. Why couldn't I have gotten those boards during one of the earlier rounds, when the bombs were survivable? Grrr.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A culmination of 7 bad days in a row.

After 7 days of Enemy of the State, I've made over 40 pulls from the 80-prize vault.

I did not get the Legendary or any of the three 4* covers.

What are the odds of pulling half the prizes and not getting four specific prizes? I'm thinking the odds are in my favor that I should have got at least one of them, right?

Oh well. I did have a very good Thursday though. I pulled a Prowler cover from a token which came with a bonus Blade, that got him to 280 and gave me a Legendary Token, so I switched Domino to my favorite 4* Later that same day I pulled another 4* from a Heroic and get a bonus Domino, her 8th cover. 

Maybe this should be in the bit of both thread :smile:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Despite being T5 all event (literally until about the last 30 minutes, then claimed it back with about 10 minutes left) in Sharp Dressed, I came in 6th due to some really bad luck and someone who was supposedly friendly breaking and finishing ahead of me.

Only way I'll get progression in S.H.I.E.L.D Training now is if I luck into the Prowler cover in the vault. Beyond event tokens, I'm only doing the single pull daily deal, because I wasted way too much HP in Sharp Dressed trying for T5, and I'm hoarding right now, so not really getting much HP from 4* or 5* champ rewards. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,704 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went nonchantly into the BE with a 0/1/1 255 Kitty, 1/4/0 255 Archangel and an injured 209 2/5/5 Nightcrawler expecting to be able to cruise it and got totally Fisted to death! :o:o