Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol has been at 299 for quite a while now. Even with her set as my bonus hero, I didn't manage to get that next cover in time to double dip on the Champ reward. The fact that I'm guaranteed to get it this evening kind of feels like insult on top of injury.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread isn't even getting attention lately...are people's expectation just that low or is everyone happy?

Hitting the final daily deal on the Endgame Supports, looking back and spending...what?  750? 1000? HP and getting all low rank Supports, all dupes except for a Rank 2 Sanctum Sanctorum which is almost useless for me.

Then looking at the other Support tokens and thinking nothing will change for several months.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped out on the loaner node for Shield Training.  Twice.  Elektra just kept matching purples and stealing stuff.  Before I know it, my team is taking 1600 pts of damage a turn from attack/strike tiles...  I didn't get a chance to fire off any of Hawkeye's powers either of those times.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped out on the loaner node for Shield Training.  Twice.  Elektra just kept matching purples and stealing stuff.  Before I know it, my team is taking 1600 pts of damage a turn from attack/strike tiles...  I didn't get a chance to fire off any of Hawkeye's powers either of those times.
    I'm up to wiping on it six times now.  Ghost has soloed me twice and two more times I couldn't finish a single character before wiping.  It's been just depressing...not that it matters, as I can't even come remotely close to the free cover anyway with how poor my Magik is, plus how unrostered my Sandman is.
  • sambrookjm
    ZootSax said:
    I'm up to wiping on it six times now.  Ghost has soloed me twice and two more times I couldn't finish a single character before wiping.  It's been just depressing...not that it matters, as I can't even come remotely close to the free cover anyway with how poor my Magik is, plus how unrostered my Sandman is.
    I'll get the cover I need for Magik once I make progression in the next event;I had to set her as my bonus hero to get enough to get her that high, though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    51st place in HaT.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fell asleep before my final grind of the first sub of HAT and was late on my clears of sub 2. Overall, finished in the 70s somewhere for one purple Ronin cover. Worst result I've had for a release event in a loooooooong time. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Unfortunately missed out on practically all of HAT since I was busy over the weekend. So when I woke up in the middle of the night last night, still way tired, I decided to check on the tail end of HAT before going back to sleep. - Oh hey, lucky, one of the brackets was just about to flip in SCL 7, maybe I can still catch a Hawkeye cover?

Joined, glanced at the people count. That's no fresh bracket though?? ...Realised I had accidentally joined SCL 9 rather than SCL 7. Facepalmed and went back to sleep.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    AlexR said:
    Unfortunately missed out on practically all of HAT since I was busy over the weekend. So when I woke up in the middle of the night last night, still way tired, I decided to check on the tail end of HAT before going back to sleep. - Oh hey, lucky, one of the brackets was just about to flip in SCL 7, maybe I can still catch a Hawkeye cover?

Joined, glanced at the people count. That's no fresh bracket though?? ...Realised I had accidentally joined SCL 9 rather than SCL 7. Facepalmed and went back to sleep.
    That sucks!
    If you're talking about 4.7, I was the one reporting the progress on that juicy flip. Seeing as how I couldn't, I was really hoping someone else here could take advantage of it. Bummer.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    AlexR said:

That sucks!
    If you're talking about 4.7, I was the one reporting the progress on that juicy flip. Seeing as how I couldn't, I was really hoping someone else here could take advantage of it. Bummer.
    I'm sure someone took advantage of it, haha. Still though, thank you for tracking it-- especially in such a fast/timely manner, since I really wanted to get at least 2 more hours of sleep it, and therefore couldn't wait around long. It was a great opportunity (even if my dead-tired self wasted it, lol).
  • sambrookjm
    AlexR said:
    AlexR said:

That sucks!
    I'm sure someone took advantage of it, haha. Still though, thank you for tracking it-- especially in such a fast/timely manner, since I really wanted to get at least 2 more hours of sleep it, and therefore couldn't wait around long. It was a great opportunity (even if my dead-tired self wasted it, lol).
    *raises hand*

I played my son's account for a bit on that slice, as he hadn't started the event yet.  He came in #9, and got three covers.  I came in somewhere in the 60s in SCL8 (missed the final batch of clears the second night), and got one cover.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying for a Magic cover in a 10 pack from Honor among Thieves. Yup, ten straight 2* covers.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    On the AI's very first turn they got one of those monster cascades that just go on and on and on. Every AP bank was in the double-digits, and I even saw a couple in the 20s.

Then I was distracted from how much AP they were getting because IN SPITE of the damage reduction from consecutive cascades, they still succeeded in KOing my lead character just through match damage alone.

With the cascade still going on, I quit the match.
  • sambrookjm
    qandols said:
    Trying for a Magic cover in a 10 pack from Honor among Thieves. Yup, ten straight 2* covers.
    Heh...I tried two 10-packs from the Hawkeye and Friends.  The three 4-star characters in that vault are Ronin and two of the Magik covers I need to champ her.  Out of 29 covers so far, I haven't received any 4-stars or the LT.  The odds of that are 15%, which isn't horrible but still quite annoying.

I received two Beginner Support tokens from the 10-packs, both of which ended up being duplicates.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Hela keeps eluding me. I just want one Hela so I can do the 5e when she’s featured next and i’ll hoard while waiting for Carol to rotate out of latest. In the meantime i’m swimming in Carols and pulled another two in the last three days. I shouldn’t complain about having a good 5* draw rate but this just feels like RNGesus is mocking me. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a Strang5 yellow. Well, perhaps in a couple of years.  :/
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it funny and horrible that I watched Kitty's Circuit Breaker get rid of Phoenix's From the Ashes with no effort whatsoever.

I feel like that's too easy.  I dont mind her getting rid of countdowns... but maybe Phoenix's From the Ashes should be more like the Eye of Agamotto, where it isnt a matchable tile, and thus couldn't be targeted so easily.  A match 4 still gets it though, or some sort of board destruction.

I seriously sat there staring at the screen for a while after it happened, at the audacity of kitty getting rid of Phoenix's revive so easily.  Then I tried to picture it in comic book form... what, did she scatter the ashes to the wind?!  :smiley:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    I find it funny and horrible that I watched Kitty's Circuit Breaker get rid of Phoenix's From the Ashes with no effort whatsoever.

I feel like that's too easy.  I dont mind her getting rid of countdowns... but maybe Phoenix's From the Ashes should be more like the Eye of Agamotto, where it isnt a matchable tile, and thus couldn't be targeted so easily.  A match 4 still gets it though, or some sort of board destruction.

I seriously sat there staring at the screen for a while after it happened, at the audacity of kitty getting rid of Phoenix's revive so easily.  Then I tried to picture it in comic book form... what, did she scatter the ashes to the wind?!  :smiley:
    Kitty ended up with Phoenix spot on the team in the comic books so she obviously wanted to make sure Jean didn't come back to ruin it!
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Spoilers for the next X-Men movie?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    carlj64 said:
    Spoilers for the next X-Men movie?
    Well the Dark Phoenix saga is 39 years old so if that is considered a spoiler (and actually...spoiler...it was the next issue) then I had better not say anything about that time Storm got a mohawk...