Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got to 900 and the 4* Cover in the Psylocke PVP. First time above 900 since my 5 months hiatus and with no shields used either.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh the ISO drought!

While trying to champ Gwenpool I ended up pulling the 13th cover for Cloak & Dagger and four bonus covers for 3* Elektra. The ISO was temporarily diverted to 4* Cyclops to level him up to level 209 for a shot at the Rogue cover which I eventually achieved.

October will be a month where I learn more about the word 'stockpiling'.

Edit: Mockingbird went from 0/0/1 to 1/0/3 which makes her somewhat more useful during her required nodes in Hearts Of Darkness.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went to replay the Ock essential node in Hearts of Darkness and realized it had scaled to ridiculous levels - the Muscle had well over 100K HP and the Konran's Meteor Hammer hit for 50K damage. Tried various teams, but no matter what I'd be knocked out. Then I tried Carol and Hawkeye, a standby I hae been using in many other nodes. Well, it didn't go much better, and eventually it was down to a badly beaten Hawkeye and the Konran. Fortunately I got Hawkeye's Smoke Cloud arrow to go off, so the Meteor Hammer had nothing to hit!
    I think this is the first time I ever got to use Out of Arrows... The games usually end when Hawkeye has used like four or five arrows.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got the red X-Pool cover from the Taco Vault, along with enough HP for another Roster slot. Doesn't get him crash-worthy, but it's one step closer. And the HP were very needed. Got three covers for un-rostered characters expiring in the next few days, and I need a slot for Rogue, and I only have one 2* ready to flip. This made it doable, tho.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got an LT as champ reward. Pulled a yellow mockingbird making her 5/3/5, yay. Champing time! Some time RNG really smiles at you.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took first place in my bracket for sub 1 and one of the Hearts of Darkness tokens gave me a much needed Vulture. Still needing that sexy black cover but right now he's at 0/2/4 and inching his way up. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yesterday it was Ock / Carol in Versus (perfect with GSBW) today it was Thanos / Carol for the easiest climb ever. Those 3 months with her as sole 4* BH were totally worth it!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogue and Friends vault has a green Rogue cover, black Wolverine and purple Professor X. I'm very tempted to clear it out, but that would require buying more HP than I'm comfortable with. So I figure I'll at least do the daily 100 HP pull, use all the event tokens, then go from there. 

First pull was Wolverine, right below Rogue. So close. But, it was my first champ level for him, so it yielded an LT.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have about 17k in hp, I love me some farming, so my main focus has been on stockpiling as much hp as possible for Anniversary. But Rogue's vault was very tempting. Thought about just buying a x40 pack and maybe getting lucky and getting Rogue, the legendary and Prof X. But damn I really didn't want to spend so much hp. So I bought a single cover for 100 hp and got Ares. Ehh not the end of the world because he's almost max champed again. Ok, maybe I'll try my luck with a 10 pack. Drum roll... second cover in the pack was Rogue!

Edit. I took my new shiny Rogue into Simulator and thought I'd give her a shot against Storm. I wasn't feeling overly optimistic though because I heard so many horror stories about how Storm had been destroying people. Fight starts, tiles fall and right in the middle of the board is a match five. Well how do you do. Storm makes her match and that sets up a match five for my turn. Thank you kindly. Matched it and that set up, you guessed it, another match five. Rogue is almost completely untouched and Storm has about 400 health left. I make a green match which fills up my green power. Storm makes a match and then I fire my green. The fight ends when I make one final match, a match four. 6k iso and 1 cp for about a 30 second match.. Not too bad.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting 4* Cage in Hollowpoint Kiss w/o shield hopping in one run. Boosted 4Carol and C&D are a brutal combo. Also, the joy of obliterating a boosted Rhulk! :smiley:
  • DarthDeVo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Getting 4* Cage in Hollowpoint Kiss w/o shield hopping in one run. Boosted 4Carol and C&D are a brutal combo. Also, the joy of obliterating a boosted Rhulk! :smiley:
    Agreed. I think I got hit once on my climb. Hopefully results are similar for Rogue's event. 
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pulled a 4* Wasp and got a bonus hero 4* which gave me a Ms Marvel cover. Promoted her, put the cover in and got another legendary token.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/728537/#Comment_728537
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Agreed. I think I got hit once on my climb. Hopefully results are similar for Rogues event. 
    Congrats on getting Cage! I'm also hoping for similar results to get that sweet Rogue cover. Should be possible with the same boosted list and Rogue being w/o significant cover numbers for pretty much everyone.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Agreed. I think I got hit once on my climb. Hopefully results are similar for Rogue's event. 
    I see your C&D/Carol and raise you Carol/Thano5......
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    I see your C&D/Carol and raise you Carol/Thano5......
    Why I'm not exactly eager to get to 5* land anytime soon. I basically have 20 4* champs, once I get a yellow cover for 4* Thor this coming Saturday. That's only a little over a third of the way towards completing the (ever-growing) tier.

I'll roster 5*s, same as I have been, even chase some of them, like I am right now with 5pidey. Especially now that they're required. But it will probably be quite awhile before I fully level them up and take that leap. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fooling around with the seed teams in Rogue's PvP. Both of us ended up with Power Siphon active on green, so green matches did absolutely nothing, for anyone. It was pretty hilarious, really.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I played Close Contact until I got my 1st Rogue & Friends token, cashed it in and BOOM I got Rogue! 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is actually from yesterday but who’s counting. 

I wasnt happy with how how I was fairing in HoD SCL7 without Ock. I was worried I wouldn’t get T100 when I normally get T20 or T50 on a new character release. So I decided to crack my hoard and try and at least get Ock. I got an Ock within 10 pulls (which is good I want planning to try much further). In the earlier 9 I pulled 1 5pidey and 2 DDs. Now I have all 5*s and am still mostly on track with my hoarding. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't care if it's during a shortened season...

Reached max progression for pvp season for the first time. Only averaged about 650 points per event, but already had simulator at 800. That had me 600 points short so I just went for it and got the points I needed.