Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    granne said:
    More a "notable" than a "best" moment, but today I champed Bagman.
    You were there when I champed him myself, he's still at level 94 to this day  :p
    I champed mine on June 25th, today he is a robust 101......
    I can't remember when (I think about the time they ran his PVP) but he's sitting pretty at lvl 98 :)
    I'm mainly PvE and at the best of times, I forget that PvP is even a thing. When I do remember it's usually when Lightning Round's have twenty minutes left to go. Then I make it a point to keep an eye out for the next one and end up getting distracted

Edit: What happened here?
    Haha!! Bagman had himself a party!!!!
  • PsychoNrOne
    PsychoNrOne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Yesterday:
    Had to do my final clears in MR&G waaaay too early (3 hours before the end of slice 2)... wasn't expecting too much, maybe something around T50 - T100.
    After the server breakdown (which I didn't notice at all), I logged in again and found out, that I finished 4th place. The additional yellow cover enables me to champ my 3/3/5 (now 4/3/5) C&D until the end of Brotherhood without spending CP or HP (my goal was not to lose another purple cover - had some bad luck with my 3/3/9 C&D).

Nevertheless, I really feel for all of you, who suffered from the server breakdown.

Today:
    Cashed in my MR&G tokens - last one gave me the LT (haven't seen one from a vault for a long time).
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I finally champed 4* Deadpool, now I just need to find 280k within the next 8 days to champ Prof X.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Grazed my way to 900 points in PvP for Lockjaw. Two minutes later was hit for 94 and don't care.

Now looking forward to the stress free win counters in the next two events!
  • Milk Jugz
    Got my first ever 1200 in Versus, Lockjaw event!!! *Still haven't used coordination*
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The end of the last pvp of a season and the season itself so you know what that means. TOKENS!!! Unless you hoard then, umm, yay more for your pile? Where was I? Oh, right, TOKENS!!! I had some taco tokens, standards, elites, heroics and a legendary but I'll save that one for now. I opened them all and pretty much only got 2*s. It's like getting underwear for Christmas. "Oh....boy. Just what I....wanted. Thanks, RNGesus!" All I really wanted was some Mystique covers from taco vault or bonus Mystique covers from tokens. She sits at 180, so close to that Iceman cover which would give me my 13th for him. Went through all the tokens, threw the giftwrap away in case I missed one. No more tokens for me. 

Wait. But, this is the best MPQ moments thread. Indeed it is my friend/MPQ frenemy, indeed it is. Well, I decided to play some Nefarious Foes to lift my spirits. I changed my seed killing team to a more 3* player friendly team of Iceman, Switch and IM40 and did a fight and won. Alright, time to get off MPQ for a bit....wait, what's this? My personal rewards from the season showed up like twenty friggin minutes after the alliance ones. Ok, it's cool, better late than never. Three heroics. First one? 2*. Second one..... ICEMAN! 13th cover! Third one? Another 2* but who cares time to champ that icy fool. And another one right around the corner once I get a few Mystique covers. Nice end to the season for me.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was debating the HfH store this round, as my Miles is a 5/5/2 and only 1 red short.  I played my DDQ today, and feeling a bit bored, decided to open some tokens.  

On pull 4 - grabbed me the Miles red sitting in the Taco vault.  Result!

10 minutes later, opened my In-human's Best Friend token?  Lockjaw yellow, bringing him to 1/2/2.   Result x 2!
  • Milk Jugz
    mexus said:
    Forgot to set a new 4* bonus hero,
    pulled a heroic token - got a 4* and a bonus:
    Hulkbuster. I never cared about him, didn't know how many covers I had but obviously I had eleven:
    5 red, 1 black, 5 blue.
    The bonus cover I got was black so definitely useful. Then I learned there's a Hulkbuster cover to claim from PVP progression: another black!
    So he went from someone in the bin of my roster to my next potential champ. Is he worth it?
    He has certainly been passed by many of the new releases and his place in the top tier is debatable. Having said that, yes he is worth it. Repulsor punch can one shot almost anyone boosted, with enough red ap, and his black, even with the self damage, generates enough red to fire the punch at minimum level. He packs a hell of a punch!!! Plus he has a monster health pool, enough to scare some people off in Versus, as it takes long to down him.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Pulled 71 of taco tokens and with 71th got Green Jean Grey cover I needed :smile: Didn't need anything else that bad from all vault, so rest of the tokens saved for the future.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray for friendly taco tokens! I've been sitting on a 5/1/5 Ant-man since last year, and I noticed that my vault had a blue Ant-Man in it. I had 282 taco tokens, so I decided to risk it (the last time I chased a cover in the vault it wasn't until my 281st taco token that I finally got the Prof X yellow, so I wasn't optimistic about my chances). This time the tacos decided to be nice, and after 66 tacos I had:

Coulson yellow
    Ant-man Blue
    2,250 HP
    10,000 ISO
    3 3-stars
    40 health packs
    lots of two stars

It was a nice haul, especially riding on two back-to-back legendary disappointments: purple starlord for  my 5/3/4 starlord, and purple drax for my 1/5/2 drax.

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Going into a PvP for the 10 CP award I knew I had to take out IM40 quickly before he got a chance to get his team going. I pondered on the match looking for a good double match to start off right. I make my move...

Bam, bam, crit, bam, bam...Umpteenth cascades and about 50 AP later (seriously I lost count), we have one downed IM40 (-11,000 HP) off a single starting match :D
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having Rocket and Groot's "I Am Groot" get rid of all of the team-up tiles to heal up right before Magneto activates his Red ability to destroy them all. He hit 1.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 3 sweet flavored tacos from today's DDQ and two 4-stars sitting in my taco vault. Pulled both of them, Sue and Miles (both good for champ levels), and a Squirrel Girl was my frosting.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a pair of 4* from my offseason heroic ten-pack: Vulture blue, and Mockingbird purple.

Sadly, Bobbi is now a revolting 0/0/5 build. First time that's ever happened to me in the 4* realm.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually got a Heroic Token from a Lightning Round. Twice. I've never placed that well in one before. I wasn't even trying. Just did my usual Seed Teams + one more match to hit 250.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Spider Woman has been hilariously good for me in BFFs. Two rounds in a row now I was fighting teams with no boosted characters, used Spider Woman's Love and Fear to set some trap tiles, and immediately had the opposing team set off two of them at the same time, downing both enemy team members in one move.

Also had a match where the enemy just got this ridiculous combo with match 5 gems over and over again till they took a character at nearly full health down to near zero. Luckily I was trying out Kate Bishop and 3* Carol as a team, and Carol was in front, so we just murdered the enemy team then with powers using all the AP that generated.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    After an entire season of terrible pulls, snagged two Peggy covers from heroic tokens today, bringing her to 280, netting the LT reward.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Got to start my first 3* dupe today. All the Cap covers that came flooding in today took the original to 257, which is where I'd decided to pause, and his dupe to 3 covers. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the purple C&D cover from my BroHo vault with my last token from the event!